Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well good news from my side too :). My California has left the VW factory in Hanover and is expected to arrive in France August 20th. From there dealer arrival should be 10 days later, and subsequently registration formalities. Hoping to have the keys in about a month from now, and leave for a trip shortly after :thumb

Hi - new user here - I’ve been watching this thread for a while as we ordered a new Coast in April….but now goodness knows when it will arrive. And now I’m getting cold feet that we’ve ordered the wrong vehicle completely and maybe we need a Beach instead. Does anyone know if we could change at this stage and not lose our place in whatever queue we might be in? Would it be considered an entirely new order? Thanks for your help!
My guess is you’d have to cancel the original order and place a new one for the beach as a completely different vehicle. You could try an order conversion, but I am not convinced it’s an option until proof of the contrary. I’d speak with your dealer soonest and explain the situation, look at your options.

Hi - new user here - I’ve been watching this thread for a while as we ordered a new Coast in April….but now goodness knows when it will arrive. And now I’m getting cold feet that we’ve ordered the wrong vehicle completely and maybe we need a Beach instead. Does anyone know if we could change at this stage and not lose our place in whatever queue we might be in? Would it be considered an entirely new order? Thanks for your help!
Did you see that “A Bus and Beyond” have changed to a Beach?

I’d happily swap a Coast order for my Ocean one (Due Feb 22 but who knows!) as the Coasts appear to come through faster. But it’s not an official model here.

Wonder when ABAB ordered their Beach?

Yes that’s the video that caused me to get worried!!
But there was a post this week where someone swapped their Beach for a Coast/Ocean when children came along. People are different. ABAB we’re praising the large bed and increased space but that might not be what so important to the next van owner. They may prioritise having a sink. It’s what’s right for you.

I change my Ocean to Beach and is fantastic new situation for me and how I am use my camper now have inside toilet and microwave and bike. I am having long sleeping place 1 people downstairs and can also sleeping upstairs if is like.

Down level is 3 chair ( chair 4 is folded flat always make nice extra table ).

For me, Beach is better working my camping situation than is ocean ( I never is using sink and 2 cookerings in Ocean. ).

Every camper is different, so is good is many different inside style California.

We cancelled our December 20 4 motion ocean order a couple of months ago, after we were told it wouldn’t arrive till late November or even next January, not many cancel, we have no regrets, we will wait a year or two before we look into getting a van again, But I’m very interested to know if anyone has taken over our order, Ocean 4 motion in Ascot grey, with lots of Options from Preston VW
Thats a strange request, why would you care ?

Thats a strange request, why would you care ?
To see when its actually delivered?
I don't understand why @Jandy61 cancelled though, if he/she wants one in the end, its just delaying the inevitable and missing out on California adventures meantime?

Last edited:
To see when its actually ordered?
I don't understand why @Jandy61 cancelled though, if he/she wants one in the end, its just delaying the inevitable and missing out on California adventures meantime?
Yes we will miss out for a year or so, we brought a new small caravan that we are using now, like everyone, we just didn’t know if the California would arrive this year, mixed messages from the idealer, also we wanted to tour around Europe in it, again seemed unlikely with all the constant changing restrictions, we will wait and see what the next gen California will bring to the party and hopefully by then things will have calmed down regarding touring

Yes we will miss out for a year or so, we brought a new small caravan that we are using now, like everyone, we just didn’t know if the California would arrive this year, mixed messages from the idealer, also we wanted to tour around Europe in it, again seemed unlikely with all the constant changing restrictions, we will wait and see what the next gen California will bring to the party and hopefully by then things will have calmed down regarding touring
Sounds like a good plan to me.

For the "next gen California", do mean the so called 7th gen, that was showcased last month? I read that's built on a car platform, so more of a new Sharon, and just isn't big enough to get the Cali conversion.

The dealer here thinks it will be 5 years until the real new gen California hits the roads, full electric and more advanced self-driving/ driving assistance.

But let's see!

Sounds like a good plan to me.

For the "next gen California", do mean the so called 7th gen, that was showcased last month? I read that's built on a car platform, so more of a new Sharon, and just isn't big enough to get the Cali conversion.

The dealer here thinks it will be 5 years until the real new gen California hits the roads, full electric and more advanced self-driving/ driving assistance.

But let's see!
Look forward to it. I’ll be close to the front of the queue I suspect

Just wondering if the dealer has sold it for 10k more than when we ordered it last year at 67k,
Well he does what he wants tbh, as it’s supply versus demand based, catalogue price and any discount you organized for your contract signature at the time is forgotten. If it’s like here in France, and franchise based, the ‘VW dealer will have had to advance the finance to VW central to pay for it on your behalf, so the vehicle is his to sell at whatever the willingness to pay is. As the coast is not available in the UK with 4MO like here, I’d have been willing to fork out 75k for your Ocean 4MO config in Ascot Grey without a second thought. Perhaps a rethink is in order? If it’s not reserved by someone else you could eat a bit of humble pie and buy it, hopefully at the original price. A UK California ocean 4MO in Ascot Grey will have a buyer before it ever makes the production line.

Well he does what he wants tbh, as it’s supply versus demand based, catalogue price and any discount you organized for your contract signature at the time is forgotten. If it’s like here in France, and franchise based, the ‘VW dealer will have had to advance the finance to VW central to pay for it on your behalf, so the vehicle is his to sell at whatever the willingness to pay is. As the coast is not available in the UK with 4MO like here, I’d have been willing to fork out 75k for your Ocean 4MO config in Ascot Grey without a second thought. Perhaps a rethink is in order? If it’s not reserved by someone else you could eat a bit of humble pie and buy it, hopefully at the original price. A UK California ocean 4MO in Ascot Grey will have a buyer before it ever makes the production line.
It's a fair point about reconsidering, and don't feel bad about it. (Unless you egged their windows on the way out or something :)?)

Apologies in advance, as I know this has been answered in this thread but gave up searching the 176 pages.

What is the format of the factory order number?

I have an 7 digit numeric order number from the dealer but not sure if this is a dealer number or factory?

Apologies in advance, as I know this has been answered in this thread but gave up searching the 176 pages.

What is the format of the factory order number?

I have an 7 digit numeric order number from the dealer but not sure if this is a dealer number or factory?
8 digit. Starts with 30 or 31. VW Chat online can find it for you with your name/ details.

It's a fair point about reconsidering, and don't feel bad about it. (Unless you egged their windows on the way out or something :)?)
Sounds like a gorgeous Cali, I know I was frustrated at the wait, but now that mine is on its way, it was worth it. In addition time has gone by since his original order, I’d be eating 5 humble pies and apologize to VW Preston for my impatience. VW Cali t6.1 Océan In 4MO Ascot Grey, dreamy…get the pie out :Iamsorry…..:bananadance2

Who else is excitedly awaiting the factory re-opening on Monday? Mine was in stage 3 of 8 before it closed - really hoping it may emerge soon!

Who else is excitedly awaiting the factory re-opening on Monday? Mine was in stage 3 of 8 before it closed - really hoping it may emerge soon!

Yep same, mine was sat at stage 5, awaiting spares the week before it closed so hopefully it will pop out quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back