Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I heard from my dealer today - brand support has now confirmed that the factory doesn’t open until next Monday so it’s been a 3 week shutdown!!

Had an email update from my dealer this morning;

"Despite being at ‘status 20’ and on track for September there has been further announcement from brand with the further control module shortages and issues with parts from Asia. Maximum delays up to 8 weeks according to the manufacturer so expected in October."

1629280525532.jpeg

We ordered our Ocean in October '20, so will likely be a whole years worth of waiting.:rage

Oh the irony. 2 days after posting that I was getting fed up not even having a provisional date I then find out I've got a confirmed build date of week beginning 6th Sept. Guessing this will mean early to mid November to take delivery.

Can finally get excited!
Likewise - got a call from my dealer this week to confirm a week 36 build for my Ocean (not 4mo) ordered 3 Feb. Original provision date was week 31 - after which it jumped around a lot, to the point that I said I didn't want to know until it got to status 20 (the great jargon you learn on here).
Fingers crossed, just a couple more months and I can use it before the weather turns foul. Massively excited :D

Had an email update from my dealer this morning;

"Despite being at ‘status 20’ and on track for September there has been further announcement from brand with the further control module shortages and issues with parts from Asia. Maximum delays up to 8 weeks according to the manufacturer so expected in October."

View attachment 83265

We ordered our Ocean in October '20, so will likely be a whole years worth of waiting.:rage
Same...

Likewise - got a call from my dealer this week to confirm a week 36 build for my Ocean (not 4mo) ordered 3 Feb. Original provision date was week 31 - after which it jumped around a lot, to the point that I said I didn't want to know until it got to status 20 (the great jargon you learn on here).
Fingers crossed, just a couple more months and I can use it before the weather turns foul. Massively excited :D
That would be a very quick build for an Ocean atm. Nice one!

Its draining isn't it!
It is, its become part of me! Latest for me is next week (week 34) confirmed build...delivery 6/7 weeks later. I won't hold my breath, but will be pleased when it is finally in production - I'm looking forward to having an escape pod.
Looks like you spec'd the sports pack...looks good with the red. As you also have gone 4Motion I guess you ticked most option boxes? A bit like me, I suspect that has caused some 'bad luck' on build weeks (I've had 11 provisional). Did you order through Drive the Deal?

It is, its become part of me! Latest for me is next week (week 34) confirmed build...delivery 6/7 weeks later. I won't hold my breath, but will be pleased when it is finally in production - I'm looking forward to having an escape pod.
Looks like you spec'd the sports pack...looks good with the red. As you also have gone 4Motion I guess you ticked most option boxes? A bit like me, I suspect that has caused some 'bad luck' on build weeks (I've had 11 provisional). Did you order through Drive the Deal?
Hi, I ordered through VW Liverpool & yep I ticked most of the options boxes. :D
Ocean 204, 4Motion in Cherry Red with the following;
  • Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Rear Dif Lock, Drive Select & DCC, Hill descent control
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection
Am desperate for it to arrive - want to get out and about asap!

Hi, I ordered through VW Liverpool & yep I ticked most of the options boxes. :D
Ocean 204, 4Motion in Cherry Red with the following;
  • Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Rear Dif Lock, Drive Select & DCC, Hill descent control
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection
Am desperate for it to arrive - want to get out and about asap!
Going to be great - amazing spec. I'm interested to see the DCC in action - did you test drive one with it? I added it after hearing about the after market suspension upgrades, thinking DCC might avoid them.

Interesting you added the mudflaps. Dealer told me they were incompatible with the sports pack (as were side bars).

Wish I'd ticked the art velours.

Going to be great - amazing spec. I'm interested to see the DCC in action - did you test drive one with it? I added it after hearing about the after market suspension upgrades, thinking DCC might avoid them.

Interesting you added the mudflaps. Dealer told me they were incompatible with the sports pack (as were side bars).

Nope, not test driven it, just felt it was a worthwhile option to go for. Mudflaps wise, the order sheet confirmed it, however I've now been told that they don't factory fit them, but that the dealer will be able to do so, so I've told them to go ahead with that as soon as it finally arrives.

Nope, not test driven it, just felt it was a worthwhile option to go for. Mudflaps wise, the order sheet confirmed it, however I've now been told that they don't factory fit them, but that the dealer will be able to do so, so I've told them to go ahead with that as soon as it finally arrives.

Jus in case you didn't know the dealer fit Mud Flaps are not the same as the factory, I believe the dealer fit ones are drilled & riveted

Don't regret about the art velours! You can order elsewhere, have lots of choice, and still comes in at a lower price :thumb

Jus in case you didn't know the dealer fit Mud Flaps are not the same as the factory, I believe the dealer fit ones are drilled & riveted
Thanks for making me aware of this. I'll have to look for some alternate solutions (don't suppose you could point me in the right direction?)

Thanks for making me aware of this. I'll have to look for some alternate solutions (don't suppose you could point me in the right direction?)

I don't know of any alternative, but it maybe possible still to get yours done at Factory? I can't see why not,

The only reason I know is that my 2014 came with factory mudflaps but my friends didn't so he had them fitted by VW, he wasn't best pleased with the result, the factory ones look way cleaner, rivets always seem to collect muck and risk of rust.

On Thursday, German firm Volkswagen, which cut output earlier in the year, told Reuters: "We currently expect supply of chips in the third quarter to be very volatile and tight.
"We can't rule out further changes to production."

Cool.

anyone else ordered in january february time and got any news , its like the blind leading the blind here , surely vw would have been so much smarter putting this all up on a login website to see where you are instead of wasting thousands of peoples time, including all the vw dealers fending all this stuff off? such and embarrassingly bad way of treating your customers?

I ordered 31st December at Liverpool and picked up my coast 3 weeks ago.

Trust me it's worth the wait.

All the stress and worry has completely been forgotten.

Couple of little things wrong but Liverpool were excellent in sorting them out.

Keep smiling. This time next year ......

anyone else ordered in january february time and got any news , its like the blind leading the blind here , surely vw would have been so much smarter putting this all up on a login website to see where you are instead of wasting thousands of peoples time, including all the vw dealers fending all this stuff off? such and embarrassingly bad way of treating your customers?
My Coast was ordered on 29th January and is now with dealer awaiting my collection

Ordered a 204 Ocean on 1st Feb. The only options asked for are Bayleaf Green paint, outside shower and safe in wardrobe. When ordering dealer expected end June build. First and so far only provisional build is week 2 of 2022. Hoping this gets pulled forward and not pushed back

Just been told that our van with original build week of 21st June is on the boat to uk. The dealer was told prior to the factory closing that it was not built. Apparently this is the 3rd one he has had completed since the factory is meant to be closed. Perhaps they found a load out the back they had forgotten about!
looking forward to picking it up.

Just been told that our van with original build week of 21st June is on the boat to uk. The dealer was told prior to the factory closing that it was not built. Apparently this is the 3rd one he has had completed since the factory is meant to be closed. Perhaps they found a load out the back they had forgotten about!
looking forward to picking it up.

That gives me hope my build week was supposed to be 28 June and still not built apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a 204 Ocean on 1st Feb. The only options asked for are Bayleaf Green paint, outside shower and safe in wardrobe. When ordering dealer expected end June build. First and so far only provisional build is week 2 of 2022. Hoping this gets pulled forward and not pushed back
I just heard (from my man on the inside) there is a 3 week delay on the 204 engine, but that's right now so I don't think affects you (although that's me trying to reverse engineer the mysteries of VW manufacturing chain)

Back