Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Have you decided what you will do Phil if it gets the tax added on?!
I ordered 30/9 so would assume after you but then somebody posted an interesting point on another thread about dealers having a certain number allocated to them based on last years sales?!
Yeah, seems to be a bit of a lottery!! To answer your question, at the moment (due to our excitement about it all) we’ll probably just pay it, begrudgingly. But we also have the option to cancel. I’m just hoping they can sort a deal out. Would much rather spend £4K on accessories and trips away!!

Yeah, seems to be a bit of a lottery!! To answer your question, at the moment (due to our excitement about it all) we’ll probably just pay it, begrudgingly. But we also have the option to cancel. I’m just hoping they can sort a deal out. Would much rather spend £4K on accessories and trips away!!
I only hope with all the urgency to beat the deadline we're not going to have lots of issues with them! i have questioned my logic in buying from a dealer an hours drive away meaning any issues will involve a lot of back & forth, guess I may be able to go to local VW commercial if they know what theyre doing but depends on the issue I guess!
I think if I miss the deadline that will make me pull the plug tbh.

i have questioned my logic in buying from a dealer an hours drive away meaning any issues will involve a lot of back & forth

Me too. I'm a 5hr round trip away from the dealer but then if I had used drive the deal it would have been even further!

Me too. I'm a 5hr round trip away from the dealer but then if I had used drive the deal it would have been even further!
From the posts Ive read I think most people having purchased the van from a dealer then go to their local VW hoping they know what theyre doing! I guess it depends how Cali specific the issue is.
I see youre in South Wales so probably more restricted where you go than we are.
Fingers crossed we dont have too many issues!!

We have an Ocean 199PS on order - delivery date currently 31st December (cutting it fine on possible WTO taxes). Based on the information about the new emission standards, it seems that they have to deliver before this date to be able to tax (VED) it this year. The prioritisatioin of 199 engines in the factory makes sense now!

The latest California Chris video seems to explain the updated delivery times, October price increase, and lack of build week information for recent orders.

It appears the rush to get vehicles through before the end of the year is as much to do with getting vans with the 199 engine registered this year before the RDE changes, as it is for possible import tariffs.

The October price rise vehicles will have a 204 engine that meets the new standard, but they're not going to start building those engines until week 6 next year, which maybe explains the possible delay in getting build weeks for more recent orders.
So this has opened a can of worms.....
We ordered on 11 September but have no build date. From what CC is saying, we should have a build date by now. He also states that any 199 engines will need registering before the end of the year to comply with RDE2. So it looks like VW are rushing through 199 orders, but only for the UK, which doesn't make sense to me as surely the emission regulations apply elsewhere too??
Any 199 ordered now will not be a 199, but a 204, but these are not being built until 2021 Week 6. So I think that if we do not get a build date very soon, ours will be built as a 204 in February. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Will the 204 be better or worse for performance and fuel economy to meet new emission standards. Will it be more or less desirable in future (for resale). Will future VED rates differ between the RDE1 199 and the RDE2 204?
Too many questions. I'm going to call my dealer today and see what he says...

So this has opened a can of worms.....
We ordered on 11 September but have no build date. From what CC is saying, we should have a build date by now. He also states that any 199 engines will need registering before the end of the year to comply with RDE2. So it looks like VW are rushing through 199 orders, but only for the UK, which doesn't make sense to me as surely the emission regulations apply elsewhere too??
Any 199 ordered now will not be a 199, but a 204, but these are not being built until 2021 Week 6. So I think that if we do not get a build date very soon, ours will be built as a 204 in February. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Will the 204 be better or worse for performance and fuel economy to meet new emission standards. Will it be more or less desirable in future (for resale). Will future VED rates differ between the RDE1 199 and the RDE2 204?
Too many questions. I'm going to call my dealer today and see what he says...
Hi Phil. We couldn’t have put it better ourselves! We watched the video from CC this morning and were left very confused. We ordered from Guy a few days prior to you so are in exactly the same boat. We were going to phone Guy today but will see what others are finding out (and will be very interested in hearing what Guy says to you). I’m not even sure whether we should cancel our existing order and actually go with RDE2? And there I was just worrying about the B***** tax!

Hi Phil. We couldn’t have put it better ourselves! We watched the video from CC this morning and were left very confused. We ordered from Guy a few days prior to you so are in exactly the same boat. We were going to phone Guy today but will see what others are finding out (and will be very interested in hearing what Guy says to you). I’m not even sure whether we should cancel our existing order and actually go with RDE2? And there I was just worrying about the B***** tax!
Yeah it’s not great is it. I’ve just called him but he wasn’t available. Just waiting for a call back......
I’ll update soon...

I just contacted VW chat for an update on build week - No build week assigned yet . . . Ordered 22nd September, dealer implied they had a number of build slots available to be able to deliver this year.
It makes sense that they would prioritise UK over the resto of europe for vans that don't meet RDE2 as shipping to the UK will take up to an extra week i would guess.
Is VW going to end up with a load of vans it can't register?

We have an Ocean 199PS on order - delivery date currently 31st December (cutting it fine on possible WTO taxes). Based on the information about the new emission standards, it seems that they have to deliver before this date to be able to tax (VED) it this year. The prioritisatioin of 199 engines in the factory makes sense now!
Who did you order from Tim? Have you spoken to them regarding this? I'm still waiting for a call back from my dealer. Will be interesting to hear what the dealers have to say...

Who did you order from Tim? Have you spoken to them regarding this? I'm still waiting for a call back from my dealer. Will be interesting to hear what the dealers have to say...
For those of us with secure factory dates, let’s hope they don’t rush things through at the expense of build quality!

Ordered from Crawley - They told me last week that we had a build slot in November and that end of the year was realistic. I thought we were only battling the risk of WTO tarrifs, i had no idea about the RDE2 issues until today.

So I've just spoken to my dealer. He was under the impression that the factory were building 204's from 1st October, but he went away to check and came back to me. He had checked with "Brand Support" who told him that 204's are being built from Week 6 in 2021, as per California Chris video. He then told me that mine will now be a 204 with a 2021 build date so we will not be seeing it until March or April. Obviously this is really disappointing, but part of me is relieved. However, this makes the whole B***** thing more of an issue for us now. We were hoping for a 2020 delivery to avoid that, but no chance now.
On the plus side, if a deal is reached with the EU, we will receive the 204 with the latest engine/emissions, at the original pre-increase price and with a 21 plate.
So just need to keep a close eye on the trade negotiations now. Apparently we will know more on the 15th October.

So I've just spoken to my dealer. He was under the impression that the factory were building 204's from 1st October, but he went away to check and came back to me. He had checked with "Brand Support" who told him that 204's are being built from Week 6 in 2021, as per California Chris video. He then told me that mine will now be a 204 with a 2021 build date so we will not be seeing it until March or April. Obviously this is really disappointing, but part of me is relieved. However, this makes the whole B***** thing more of an issue for us now. We were hoping for a 2020 delivery to avoid that, but no chance now.
On the plus side, if a deal is reached with the EU, we will receive the 204 with the latest engine/emissions, at the original pre-increase price and with a 21 plate.
So just need to keep a close eye on the trade negotiations now. Apparently we will know more on the 15th October.
Oh blimey, its all so confusing I wouldnt know whether a 204 is better than a 199 !! We ordered a 150 so not sure where that leaves us!! Its all so uncertain & confusing as are most things in life at the minute!
There's a gorgeous Cherry Red 4WD Ocean just been advertised on here - very tempted indeed but bet its not around for long!!

Oh blimey, its all so confusing I wouldnt know whether a 204 is better than a 199 !! We ordered a 150 so not sure where that leaves us!! Its all so uncertain & confusing as are most things in life at the minute!
There's a gorgeous Cherry Red 4WD Ocean just been advertised on here - very tempted indeed but bet its not around for long!!
I think the 150 still meets RTE2 regs. I suspect they will prioritise as many 199's that they know they can deliver before the end of the year and then build the 150's until 204 production starts in week 6.

I hope we will know more on the 15th, but I fear we will not.

I am not sute

I am not sure the the current 150ps does meet RDE 2 standards. If you look at the new brochure they list a 150 ps current and a 150 RDE2 version.

Interesting. I havent looked at the new brochure yet. So when do they start building the 150 RDE2?

I am not sute
I think the 150 still meets RTE2 regs. I suspect they will prioritise as many 199's that they know they can deliver before the end of the year and then build the 150's until 204 production starts in week 6.
I am not sure the the current 150ps does meet RDE 2 standards. If you look at the new brochure they list a 150 ps current and a 150 RDE2 version.

I am not sute

Where did you find the new brochure beesto? When I search all I find is the previous.

Where did you find the new brochure beesto? When I search all I find is the previous.
It's on the VWCV website when you click on "Download Brochure". If you scroll down the brochure to "Fuel consumption, performance & emissions" you'll see the 2 different versions for each engine bhp. The current models are showing as "not available for factory order, current stock only". The new models are showing "TBA" for CO2, fuel economy and performance figures.

Interesting. I havent looked at the new brochure yet. So when do they start building the 150 RDE2?
Now!

Thought I was being thick because the brochure doesn’t show the new engine options. Then looked at the price list which does. Thanks.

For those of us with secure factory dates, let’s hope they don’t rush things through at the expense of build quality!

This would be my worry too. Hopefully VWs QC is steadfast and they shouldn't let anything through sub par.

I only hope with all the urgency to beat the deadline we're not going to have lots of issues with them! i have questioned my logic in buying from a dealer an hours drive away meaning any issues will involve a lot of back & forth, guess I may be able to go to local VW commercial if they know what theyre doing but depends on the issue I guess!
I think if I miss the deadline that will make me pull the plug tbh.

To be honest...id be amazed if the EU doesn't come to some agreement regarding a tariff...I.mean, it would be a huge hit to European car manufacturers as lets be honest, who on earth is going to pay 10% more for the same vehicle. VW will be met with LOTS of cancelled orders and the dealers potentially having to take the loss to either 1) keep the customer/sale or 2)shift the vehicle.

Surely the Germans will put pressure on the EU bigwigs as it would be a hit to their economy if VW and Audi sales to the UK practically stop.

Just spoke to the dealer and still no news (not really expecting any to be honest given the chatter on here) on a build date, I enquired about the 199 vs the 204 but he also did not know and was off to speak to someone....feels like there is more intel on here in terms of what's happening than I am getting from the dealer.

If you look on the latest VW configurator, and select ‘engines’ a pop up appears saying tech features and consumption may alter when delivered after nov 2020. One can only assume that 199 will change to 204 at that point??61BE964E-3C4A-4D27-9ACF-281B8C149566.png

To be honest...id be amazed if the EU doesn't come to some agreement regarding a tariff...I.mean, it would be a huge hit to European car manufacturers as lets be honest, who on earth is going to pay 10% more for the same vehicle. VW will be met with LOTS of cancelled orders and the dealers potentially having to take the loss to either 1) keep the customer/sale or 2)shift the vehicle.

Surely the Germans will put pressure on the EU bigwigs as it would be a hit to their economy if VW and Audi sales to the UK practically stop.
About 20% of all of German car exports come to the UK. That’s probably the equivalent of the total (or a lot) profit margin for the industry.

I have a 199PS 4Motion Ocean on order with no build week yet as of the latest update today from my dealer, so that's a little worrying :-(

Looks like I may need to change my vehicle on order to a T6.1 Ocean 204PS 4Motion. NO early Christmas present for me :(

Looks like I may need to change my vehicle on order to a T6.1 Ocean 204PS 4Motion. NO early Christmas present for me :(
Personally I’d tend to hold fire on cancelling/changing your order. Your 199ps might just squeeze in before Christmas for all the reasons previously discussed. If it doesn’t you could then take action. If you go for a 204ps now you’ll definitely be looking at a long lead time because they don’t even start producing them until mid February next year and it’s doubtful that the U.K. orders will be prioritised as they seem to be right now.

Back