Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Personally I’d tend to hold fire on cancelling/changing your order. Your 199ps might just squeeze in before Christmas for all the reasons previously discussed. If it doesn’t you could then take action. If you go for a 204ps now you’ll definitely be looking at a long lead time because they don’t even start producing them until mid February next year and it’s doubtful that the U.K. orders will be prioritised as they seem to be right now.
I hoped it would but my dealer has indicated that my original order may be converted to a 204PS engine. I don't think I get a say in the matter.

Sadly i am in the same boat, emailed by Guy today to inform me of my the engine changes and delay until march/april delivery (at the earliest).

Very disappointing, however it will now be a 21 plate.
Just need Boris to sort the deal now.

I hoped it would but my dealer has indicated that my original order may be converted to a 204PS engine. I don't think I get a say in the matter.
Have you tried VW Live Chat? They gave me my build week when I enquired not my dealership. Go to the following site and wait for the Chat window to appear (bottom right of page). Never know, you might get a nice surprise?

Sadly i am in the same boat, emailed by Guy today to inform me of my the engine changes and delay until march/april delivery (at the earliest).

I'm not too worried about the plate but any additional costs will be a nightmare. I know a lot of people have had a delay this year but I had hoped I might just sneak in before 2021.

Have you tried VW Live Chat? They gave me my build week when I enquired not my dealership. Go to the following site and wait for the Chat window to appear (bottom right of page). Never know, you might get a nice surprise?

Thanks, Not looking hopeful though;

" Currently, your Ocean is waiting to be assigned a production slot and should be provided one within the next few weeks. "

Thanks, Not looking hopeful though;

" Currently, your Ocean is waiting to be assigned a production slot and should be provided one within the next few weeks. "
Thank you I went straight onto the chat. Not too hopeful there unfortunately here is the extract;

" It's unlikely it'll be in the UK before the year. I've taken a look at the production capacity at the Hannover factory, and production is full until week 51 2020. However, we're online from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week, so you are more than welcome to pop back fro the latest update on your order! "

I'm not too worried about the plate but any additional costs will be a nightmare. I know a lot of people have had a delay this year but I had hoped I might just sneak in before 2021.
That was my hope also, try and sneak in this year. Hey ho, looks like we have longer to wait. As long as they hold the prices and we dont have to pay any additional tax suppose it will save it sitting around for 2 months waiting for the better weather!:cool:

I suspect because of the move from RDE1 to RDE2 they are prioritising 199 builds as that engine will not comply with the new standard coming into force at the year end?

Are they honouring the 199 price?

I would hope so, you ordered a 199 it’s not your fault they can’t deliver it.
Yes they did mention there would be a price increase in October, which is why I got my order placed in September. No mention about changes to the emissions regulations though.

Yes they did mention there would be a price increase in October, which is why I got my order placed in September. No mention about changes to the emissions regulations though.
I think we had exactly the same conversations with our dealers

We are picking up our new ocean 199 next week and have only just realised the imminent change of engine which is interesting and maybe if we had read a bit more about the emissions regulations we should have known that it was coming. Hey ho, the emissions regulations are just going to continue to change and tighten over the next few years until they eventually only allow electric vehicles to be sold so we are happy to be picking up our 199 and hopefully will get at least one holiday before the cold gets too much and then we will be all set to go forth in the spring.

Thank you I went straight onto the chat. Not too hopeful there unfortunately here is the extract;

" It's unlikely it'll be in the UK before the year. I've taken a look at the production capacity at the Hannover factory, and production is full until week 51 2020. However, we're online from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week, so you are more than welcome to pop back fro the latest update on your order! "

Hey Russell did the factory confirm the date they accepted your order ? Curious, as I placed my order with the dealer on the 8/9 and the factory confirmed they had accepted the order on the 17/9. I asked what the production capacity looked like but did not get a reply :(

Hey Russell did the factory confirm the date they accepted your order ? Curious, as I placed my order with the dealer on the 8/9 and the factory confirmed they had accepted the order on the 17/9. I asked what the production capacity looked like but did not get a reply :(
I got notification that my order had been accepted on 02/10;

" The order has been accepted at the Factory so an Unconfirmed Date will be updated shortly. "

Although my order number came from the dealer on 30/09.

If it helps... I just contacted VWCV Chat despite not having an order number (other than the deposit invoice). The Chat confirmed it was unallocated build week (as predicted as only 2 weeks ago) but that he could see it “would be built with a 199 PS engine”.

“Also unable to predict delivery timeline until build week fixed” - also as expected.

My order was taken 25/09 at SMG Tonbridge.

I now have the order number (8 digit).

Delivery estimate on invoice 31/12/20.

Loving the uncertainty!

Tariffs, engine type, bhp, VED...

So you now have to pay VW an extra £1056 just to provide you with a vehicle that compiles with the emission regulations!

So you now have to pay VW an extra £1056 just to provide you with a vehicle that compiles with the emission regulations!
Did they reduce the price when their vehicles didn't (cheated) the emissions regs?

That's a far more helpful reply than I've ever got from them!!

Are they honouring the 199 price?
Yes, definitely. The list price that you paid a deposit on cannot be altered.

We ordered 11/9 and got factory confirmation on the 17/9 also. Chat are still telling me (just now) it's "showing as a 199 on the order but no build date yet, so check back in a week". But my dealer has said it'll be a 204 and February as earliest build date???

Did they reduce the price when their vehicles didn't (cheated) the emissions regs?
No reduction for vehicles that don't meet emission regs. The original 204ps was found to not meet emission regs. So VW tweaked it, and it became a 199ps. No reduction in price!
Now the 199ps is being tweaked to become the new 204ps, and a price increase of £1,056!

I assume they can cancel the order if they cannot fulfil it though.
Maybe, but they won't want to do that and will fulfil the order but with it amended. It does state on the website that spec is subject to change.

In france, according to the new brochure we still have the same as before the change.Capture d’écran 2020-10-09 à 09.52.21.png

well I'm excited to say that our cali build 41 started this week (confirmed by online chat and the dealer) and interestingly both said they expect the build to complete within 10days.

my dealer still maintains that we should expect it 1st/2nd week of November although in my mind im still thinking end of November.. he said 4~6weeks from build completion is extreme.. so fingers crossed.

started to get real now, lowering springs are going to be fitted as part of the PDI, and ive ordered some side bars from vanstyle in preparation ..

roll on November!

Back