Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Not sure which is worse. Mine was written off by the dealership…..
I reckon that is worse, in that it'll probably be longer to get in the queue again. Surely if the factory write it off, they just start building that customer a new one asap. If a dealer does they need to start pulling strings...?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I reckon that is worse, in that it'll probably be longer to get in the queue again. Surely if the factory write it off, they just start building that customer a new one asap. If a dealer does they need to start pulling strings...?
You’re right. You would hope that an order damaged at the factory and written off would be placed back at the head of the queue without a shadow of a doubt. You would hope…

Lizzibeth78

Lizzibeth78

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Suggest you just need to know how you're paying for it, how you're insuring it (I'm going LV) and to make sure you've got a 907 gas bottle with some gas in it...the rest can take care of itself?
Paying is sorted, the insurance and gas bottle are in hand so should be ok. I decided I wasn’t going to buy loads of stuff before, see what I actually needed as I went along.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Paying is sorted, the insurance and gas bottle are in hand so should be ok. I decided I wasn’t going to buy loads of stuff before, see what I actually needed as I went along.
Do you have.a first trip planned?!
(I don’t, now we’ve probably missed half term...)

MimiToot

MimiToot

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
You’re right. You would hope that an order damaged at the factory and written off would be placed back at the head of the queue without a shadow of a doubt. You would hope…
The factory said they will prioritise a replacement.
But now it feels better not to hope, and just forget about it until 2022.

ivan & jill

ivan & jill

Snowbird
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am beyond consolation - it seems both VW chats I had were correct - my van did have a build date of wk 36, but is no longer being built.
After a lot of effort, my dealer has established that it was damaged and written off in production...
God alone knows when I'll see it - another year?
:headbang:headbang:headbang:Depressed
Sorry for your loss. Did one of those robots go berserk and hammer it back to a flat piece of metal? I knew it would happen one day.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Is anyone else still waiting for their van which entered build in week 26?
I’m waiting for my week35 bud van
I’m told it’s in transit and should be at the dealer in 2 weeks. Have you been told yours is in transit from the factory?

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
The factory said they will prioritise a replacement.
But now it feels better not to hope, and just forget about it until 2022.
That’s awful. Accidents happen but as we’ve seen on here, VW can tweak things to get a van out faster. I’d take an extra few weeks wait so Mimi could get their van faster. Seems only fair

K

Kevin Flint

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’m told it’s in transit and should be at the dealer in 2 weeks. Have you been told yours is in transit from the factory?
I’m hoping mine is in transit too. Obviously the VW computer system seems to be down so no way of tracking. Mine was put at status 30 3 weeks ago. The Mallacca Highway is currently en route from Emden to Sheerness. Hoping it’s on that!

S

Seasider

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
No - I’ve been told mine is still sat in the factory, built but awaiting a missing part! Been like that for many weeks now. I didn’t have any optional extras either.

W

wave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
No - I’ve been told mine is still sat in the factory, built but awaiting a missing part! Been like that for many weeks now. I didn’t have any optional extras either.
Same situation for me too.....stalled in its Build Week, 39, owing to missing parts. I had ordered some optional extras, but none of the usual suspects. I reckon VWC UK / the UK dealers are prioritising the more profitable orders - higher specs / valuable trade-ins, etc.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Very strange, I ticked almost every options box.
Perhaps they prioritised mine for the scarce parts because I ordered 8 October 2020...

Last edited:
MimiToot

MimiToot

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Sorry for your loss. Did one of those robots go berserk and hammer it back to a flat piece of metal? I knew it would happen one day.
TBH - I'm baffled how it could be completely written off at the factory because, from what I've seen and read, it appears to be hand assembled. So a rogue robot seems as plausible as any other reason.

My cynical side wonders what really happened to it...
Every time I see an indium grey/woodstock 71 reg on the road I'll be suspicious.

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
TBH - I'm baffled how it could be completely written off at the factory because, from what I've seen and read, it appears to be hand assembled. So a rogue robot seems as plausible as any other reason.

My cynical side wonders what really happened to it...
Every time I see an indium grey/woodstock 71 reg on the road I'll be suspicious.
It’s also possible that human error is exactly why a California could be written off in the production line?- or have so many PDI issues?….and recurrent build faults (so well documented on the forum)?
When my van was written off by the dealership in June, an accounts manager tried to cheer me up by recounting another catastrophic human related error where three vans were written off when they fell off the train from the factory to Emden….

Last edited:
S

Seasider

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Very strange, I ticked almost every options box.
Perhaps they prioritised mine for the scarce points because I ordered 8 October 2020...
That probably makes sense though that yours is on the way if you ordered 12 months ago! I’m on 10 months and counting!!

calibusje

calibusje

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hellow all waiting for a cali t6.1, already received one or just beeing here for the reading material.
Order delays… TBH: For me the all the same: I've lost interest when our coast will be delivered. It wasn't like that: I was really looking forward to it but it has become absurd (and I am still very understanding, Corona, factory closure a few times, major supply problems and whatever). Still: it takes too long and luckily I don't regret that we ordered a new one because when it comes it will be exactly as we imagined and configured it. This was a fun, exciting period: at the end of August 2020… then given a delivery date of 8 months: May 2021. We were so happy when we received a message: 'good news, your California will already be delivered at the end of March'. Little extra surprise: it was a cherry red. Beautiful, certainly, but not the way we ordered it: ascot grey. No problem because we would receive an already ordered but not yet made one for the dealer, completely adapted to our configuration; delivery end of June-beginning of July '21. And the promise that, if he wouldn't be there anyway, we would get a California for our summer trip for 4 weeks, for free! This also happened, beautifully (only, after just a week our daughter broke both elbows and we urgently had to return home for the operation). When would we get ours then? November became ‘no more this year’. January 22 became February 22 and for now already March 22. I will hear when he is there, meanwhile we keep putting money aside. That is the only advantage of those absurdly long waiting times because I do not like loans :Grin So you see, every disadvantage has its advantage.
Greetings
Calibusje

VW California Club