Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Would love to see these articles or any other official confirmation saying Hanover ever closed or is reopening.

I can't find anything posted here or anywhere else to confirm either, just stories from early March saying it may have to close along with some of the other plants.

I think the dealers are struggling for accurate info tbh - mate who run a leasing business says VW UK have been giving them nothing detailed.
I live in Hannover, so I'll poke my head around the door and report back. Maybe I can also confirm there are 9000 T6.1's parked around the factory waiting for parts. They shouldn't be hard to miss :confused:

Confirmation of Hannover back up & running will be great news for everyone. I’d like to think our new vehicles are not delayed too much. I was quoted delivery in April, but I really have no idea, I don’t see many oceans being delivered on the forum at the moment.
We picked up our Ocean 204 with Towbar on Friday :bananadance2Ordered 20/03/21
Took it for a lovely weekend away around North Wales :thumb

Would love to see these articles or any other official confirmation saying Hanover ever closed or is reopening.

I can't find anything posted here or anywhere else to confirm either, just stories from early March saying it may have to close along with some of the other plants.

I think the dealers are struggling for accurate info tbh - mate who run a leasing business says VW UK have been giving them nothing detailed.
I saw my dealer in the UK last Wednesday and he confirmed that Hanover was closed at that point… if that helps at all?!

Nice one!
Any pics?
Particular likes/dislikes?

I saw my dealer in the UK last Wednesday and he confirmed that Hanover was closed at that point… if that helps at all?!
Unfortunately not really, seems to be lots of dealers saying different things and a lot of contradictions.

I've read some people being told the factory was still open and their order was on the way, some that it was partly shutdown, some saying it was closed and now open again and some saying it's closed until at least September.

According to my dealer last week, they have had no info on anything other than there are delays due to the ongoing chip shortage and Ukraine conflict but they were hoping to start receiving order updates this week.

Yep, that's the story from early March I referred to.

Just says the EV plants were shut and that Wolfsburg, Emden and Hanover were due to be idled the following week.

We know from further, later news stories that Wolfburg actually shut instead of slowing, but Emden stayed open and was not impacted at all. There's nothing to say what, if anything, happened in Hanover.

Nice one!
Any pics?

You've probably seen more of north Wales than me!
Nice one!
Any pics?
We ordered it with the style pack which we hadn't seen, not sure about the black band along the bottom but like everything else.

The new dash looks good but not as much storage over previous T6 with comfort dash.

No seat height adjustment which was on previous model.

No gearbox sport mode or paddles.

Digital dash needs angled towards the driver a bit more.

I ordered it with Lowering springs but they are on back order which will make it look and handle better when fitted.

I am happy with 40mpg average on way home and hopefully more when run in, way better than my previous 4motion.

20220326_142259 (2)_LI.jpg

20220324_115028.jpg

20220324_115044_LI.jpg

Unfortunately not really, seems to be lots of dealers saying different things and a lot of contradictions.

I've read some people being told the factory was still open and their order was on the way, some that it was partly shutdown, some saying it was closed and now open again and some saying it's closed until at least September.

According to my dealer last week, they have had no info on anything other than there are delays due to the ongoing chip shortage and Ukraine conflict but they were hoping to start receiving order updates this week.
Ok. He also said all his orders that were going into build in March onwards are now Status 0

We ordered it with the style pack which we hadn't seen, not sure about the black band along the bottom but like everything else.

The new dash looks good but not as much storage over previous T6 with comfort dash.

No seat height adjustment which was on previous model.

No gearbox sport mode or paddles.

Digital dash needs angled towards the driver a bit more.

I ordered it with Lowering springs but they are on back order which will make it look and handle better when fitted.

I am happy with 40mpg average on way home and hopefully more when run in, way better than my previous 4motion.

View attachment 90952

View attachment 90954

View attachment 90955
Any interior pics please? Especially the rear floor covering

Picked up my Beach from Eurovans Crawley this afternoon. Last day of the quarter. Mike said they’d had 48 California orders arrive this month alone!!! Lovely sunny day. A sense of relief…finally got the van. Still feels a bit surreal.

6111309B-A88C-4A98-A8D0-14340D347F89.jpeg

3828B5D1-D5A2-40F2-8107-8E6769325977.jpeg

F45A7708-1A5D-438F-9A49-5806E0393435.jpeg

3EBEFC17-1609-41F7-938C-F316DB78BBBF.jpeg

Couple bits of info to share from an update I've had today on my ocean:
- sounds like VW are doing price protection from the end June price rise if you ordered before 10th Nov 2021
- factory reopens on Monday
- VW will be providing an update at some point in April on where everyone is in the backlog.

Updates from Breeze Poole (who have been great at keeping me regularly up to date by the way)

- sounds like VW are doing price protection from the end June price rise if you ordered before 10th Nov 2021
- VW will be providing an update at some point in April on where everyone is in the backlog.

Updates from Breeze Poole (who have been great at keeping me regularly up to date by the way)

Got the same update from Breeze

Are they saying it’s still price protected if it’s delivered after the end of June, as long as it was ordered before 10th November?

Are they saying it’s still price protected if it’s delivered after the end of June, as long as it was ordered before 10th November?

Yes that’s correct, they (the dealership) had heard verbally from the area manager but were waiting for written confirmation.

Makes perfect, or reasonable sense I’d say. A bit unfair to pass on a price rise when production is taking far longer than would normally be expected.
Thanks for the update on here. Not heard anything from my dealer (Eurovans) but then again they haven’t been in touch about a possible price increase anyway. (Ordered October 2021).

Makes perfect, or reasonable sense I’d say. A bit unfair to pass on a price rise when production is taking far longer than would normally be expected.
Thanks for the update on here. Not heard anything from my dealer (Eurovans) but then again they haven’t been in touch about a possible price increase anyway. (Ordered October 2021).
no updates here in Spain - nothing about price, nor the supposed 500€ voucher, zero.
When I get in touch it’s always oddly specific (last ETA was 2nd of May, before the latest disruption). Anyway, hounding the poor bugger helps nobody, so I’ve bought a little compressor fridge and battery pack for the Easter road trip down south (current van is a t5 velle) and we’ll see how it goes…

Very positive update here. Originally had a build week of 14 march which was when the factory shutdown supposedly happened, but just had an email from our dealer saying that the status has changed to awaiting shipping and it should be here in a few weeks so something clearly been happening in Hanover over the last few weeks. We ordered a Coast on 11 August 2021.

Very positive update here. Originally had a build week of 14 march which was when the factory shutdown supposedly happened, but just had an email from our dealer saying that the status has changed to awaiting shipping and it should be here in a few weeks so something clearly been happening in Hanover over the last few weeks. We ordered a Coast on 11 August 2021.
Another Coast.. congratz!

But I can't understand why VW is treating Ocean customers like this. They pay more and wait like forever..

Another Coast.. congratz!

But I can't understand why VW is treating Ocean customers like this. They pay more and wait like forever..
Hmm, I think by the end of April if not sooner everyone will know where they stand regarding delivery times, I have a feeling a large amount of Cali Ocean’s will arrive in May / June

Had an email reply from my dealer today regarding the price promise extension past the end of June. He said the details they received were for commercial vehicles but not the California as yet! Also that they have been told of ANOTHER California price increase coming in May!
I hope VW see sense and honour the prices for orders placed before the November increase took place.

Ah great news, our Coast was scheduled for build the week after yours so really hoping for some good news soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back