Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I placed an order for a Coast on the 20th October. Was told last week I had been allocated an unconfirmed build week (10) 49. Got an update from Beth today to say I had moved to 20 and build week 49 had been confirmed. Quite surprised as I had originally been told to expect no movement before next year.
Great news. I ordered 2 weeks before you and have been allocated week 52. All about the spec I suppose. I guess you ordered a 150? Ocean?

Great news. I ordered 2 weeks before you and have been allocated week 52. All about the spec I suppose. I guess you ordered a 150? Ocean?
Went for a Coast in Indium grey, panoramic bellows, 80L, tinted glass, tow bar and mudflaps. You?

Went for a Coast in Indium grey, panoramic bellows, 80L, tinted glass, tow bar and mudflaps. You?
Ocean 150, Ascot grey, 80L, pro nav, wood floor. WISH I’d gone for the tow bar for one of those cycle racks that lest you get in the boot. They won’t let me add that now...

An update as such on my order placed 21 August with JCT Hull for a 199bp 4 motion. VW tell me I still do not have a build date and production is full through to the end of this year therefore it will be built next year and hopefully I will get a build date in December with delivery later March ..... maybe April. Not the news I had hoped for, but little I can do about it, you do have to wonder how a company the size of VW can’t be able to plan better despite COVID-19

An update as such on my order placed 21 August with JCT Hull for a 199bp 4 motion. VW tell me I still do not have a build date and production is full through to the end of this year therefore it will be built next year and hopefully I will get a build date in December with delivery later March ..... maybe April. Not the news I had hoped for, but little I can do about it, you do have to wonder how a company the size of VW can’t be able to plan better despite COVID-19
There does seem so many random lead times, I sympathise with you. I have a 199 Ocean that allegedly was started build week 41 (ordered mid July) and 4 weeks later is still production. Last weekend I was told it was at Port of exit, then this week, no, sorry still building and awaiting components. It’s pretty frustrating at times.

Ordered a black cali ocean 150ps on the 9th October. Have been told that it is due to start being built "just before Christmas". I assume that means I don't have a confirmed date so will keep thinking that delivery may be April. Very exciting.

Ordered a black cali ocean 150ps on the 9th October. Have been told that it is due to start being built "just before Christmas". I assume that means I don't have a confirmed date so will keep thinking that delivery may be April. Very exciting.
Similar story for me Nick. I ordered a grey 150 Ocean on 8 October and have just been given a week 52 build... Eurovans thought delivery likely in early Feb... seems a little optimistic to me but I share your excitement

From Drive the Deal just now - I presume this doesn't include the import tax?

Good Evening,

We are sending this email as confirmation that any VW California or Grand California ordered before the 2nd December 2020, will be price protected against any price increase imposed by VW following a no deal Brexit.

To qualify your order must be placed with the dealer before the 2nd December 2020. Your new California needs to registered and handed over by 31 March 2021 or within 28 days of the initial consignment if the vehicle arrives in the UK after 3 March 2021.

Please submit an enquiry through our website to obtain an up to date price.

If you have recently ordered through ourselves, thank you, your order has been placed the dealer and will qualify for price protection.

We have sent you this email as you have recently taken a quotation to purchase a new VW California through our website, we hope you find it useful.

Kind Regards

The Broker team

Drivethedeal.com

Last edited:

Good Evening,

We are sending this email as confirmation that any VW California or Grand California ordered before the 2nd December 2020, will be price protected against any price increase imposed by VW following a no deal Brexit.

To qualify your order must be placed with the dealer before the 2nd December 2020. Your new California needs to registered and handed over by 31 March 2021 or within 28 days of the initial consignment if the vehicle arrives in the UK after 3 March 2021.

If you have recently ordered through ourselves, thank you, your order has been placed the dealer and will qualify for price protection.

We have sent you this email as you have recently taken a quotation to purchase a new VW California through our website, we hope you find it useful.

Kind Regards

The Broker team

Drivethedeal.com
Ditto interesting development I wonder if Autobid do the same or is it indeed a VWUK initiative?

I was on the VW Chat when the email came through to me. VW couldn't confirm and are awaiting news from the factory. So not clear if this is a VW or dealer offer.

Just had same from DTD. Very pleased for all that have an order in or about to order. Just heard that my ocean should be in UK mid December! Happy days!

Good Evening,

Kind Regards

The Broker team

Drivethedeal.com
Having discussed previously that it is actually VW who have to add the tax duty onto the sale price, I read that as meaning VW will hold our order price ie no tax to pay - might be wrong but that was my take on it & if so Happy Days :D

Yes, certainly a very interesting development. I think I will get clarification from my dealer. If not I may consider cancelling my order with them and re-order with DTD!!

I gave our dealer a call yesterday and our order was placed on 6th Oct (199 DSG 4mo Ocean) and we don’t have a build date yet, but do have our order accepted by the factory. At least I now have our order number so I can follow up with the online chat people now.

Yes, certainly a very interesting development. I think I will get clarification from my dealer. If not I may consider cancelling my order with them and re-order with DTD!!
Certainly an option Phil if it is not a global offer, to be honest Drive the deal must getting it from the dealer/VW as they don't make anywhere near that margin to absorb it :)

Certainly an option Phil if it is not a global offer, to be honest Drive the deal must getting it from the dealer/VW as they don't make anywhere near that margin to absorb it :)
That was my take too. I bought with Drive the Deal and their communication has been good so far.

That’s on the VW UK website. That’s good enough for me! I’m not bothered about the delay anymore :cool::cheers
Start shopping those accessories, will the 4 motion 204 get within the time scale Phil?

I don’t know why it has only just occurred to me but the day we finish lockdown in England is the day that VW are saying ‘brexit cost’ guarentee orders must be placed by.

Call me a cynic but is this is marketeers way of bolstering orders for what would otherwise be a flat/non-existent month?

I don’t know why it has only just occurred to me but the day we finish lockdown in England is the day that VW are saying ‘brexit cost’ guarentee orders must be placed by.

Call me a cynic but is this is marketeers way of bolstering orders for what would otherwise be a flat/non-existent month?
Maybe, but worth doing even so and does provide a but of certainty which is unusual these days...

Back