Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Mine is still in production. Started week 43, and according to chat can take up to 3 weeks to complete build. So still on for delivery this year, fingers and toes crossed.

So pjduffill is yours a 199? If so it must be registered with DVLA this year.

My update from Luke this morning.

You California is still waiting to be assigned a production slot at the Hannover Factory. We do expect it to be given one within the next couple of weeks, however.

Happy days that bit closer to getting my Cali ,vw chat have confirmed it’s now on the city of Rotterdam heading to Grimsby should arrive tonight :)

Happy days that bit closer to getting my Cali ,vw chat have confirmed it’s now on the city of Rotterdam heading to Grimsby should arrive tonight :)
Sorry leave tonight for Grimsby

I did not clarify but I took it to mean not allocating build weeks
My Coast was given a provisional cw49 and has today moved to provisional cw50.
If the calendar is closed for 2020 I don't see how they still have unconfirmed orders for this year.
I asked the chat guy if it was closed, he just said "I can't confirm that".

Well another update on our Ocean 150. I was given an unconfirmed week 50 and RDE1. The next time was Week 49 and RDE2. Today it's back to week 50 and RDE1!
Going to wait now until week 48 and ask again!!

Just received a COVID update email from Lookers (dealership we’re getting our Cali from). Obviously may not be representative of other dealers, but does at least show that some will continue with ‘click and collect’:

“From Thursday 5th November our sales showrooms and external sales forecourts will be closed to the public. The Government however is allowing non-essential retailers to operate click and collect services so we will be able to continue to handover vehicles throughout November.”

Well another update on our Ocean 150. I was given an unconfirmed week 50 and RDE1. The next time was Week 49 and RDE2. Today it's back to week 50 and RDE1!
Going to wait now until week 48 and ask again!!
Build week 45 > 02/11/20 = RDE2?

Status P – Awaiting allocation
Status V – Allocation assigned
Status 00 – Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 – Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 – In transit

My chat today was disappointing it was like pulling teeth, my questions was answered with a statements :)

B37D3B01-13C3-41CE-9632-6674D713B12B.jpeg

Last edited:
Status 30 – In transit
This is what I had with subsequent codes:-

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled.
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled.
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed.
30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

My chat today was disappointing it was like pulling teeth, my questions was answered with a statements :)

View attachment 68802
Hang on in there Wogga. You should have it within 2-3 weeks now. :)

Ordered my 150 Ocean on 8 October, just had a call from Eurovans saying build week 52 confirmed. They should take delivery early Feb. Sounds a bit optimistic to me, but if it is, can I delay registering it until 1 March to get the 21 plate?

Overall, VW Commercial Vehicles is said to have implemented more than 500 individual measures in Hanover. This also includes adapting the conveyor technology in the paint shop for the new Multivan T-7 as well as the conveyor technology in assembly for the integration of the ID Buzz. A bi-color painting system for T-6.1 and T-7 and the E-Bulli has also been set up.

VW T-7 is based on a modular transverse matrix
The VW T-7 will be presented later this year. Because the T-6.1 will continue to be offered, however, only 25,000 of the buses will be manufactured in the next five years. The hybrid version, which is based on the modular transverse matrix, offers a 48-volt electrical system and update options for the electronics architecture. The company’s own modular infotainment kit is also on board. A purely electric version will only be available from the E-Bulli ID Buzz – from 2022.

Status 30 – In transit
Ordered my 150 Ocean on 8 October, just had a call from Eurovans saying build week 52 confirmed. They should take delivery early Feb. Sounds a bit optimistic to me, but if it is, can I delay registering it until 1 March to get the 21 plate?
Let them know now that you want it to hang over! You have done well to even get a call from Eurovans! My order was19/08, the only way i know whats afoot is via VW chat. Gone in to build this week, still nala from Eurovans? 70k motor = 0k contact

Let them know now that you want it to hang over! You have done well to even get a call from Eurovans! My order was19/08, the only way i know whats afoot is via VW chat. Gone in to build this week, still nala from Eurovans? 70k motor = 0k contact
Will do
I rang them this morning ... they rang back this aft

Hello,
I have been following this thread with real interest. I ordered my California Ocean 199 4WD on 25/09 without really having any advance knowledge of the engine changes. Nothing was mentioned at Hawco Inverness. Just that it would take about 12 weeks to arrive unless Covid interferes. So just before Xmas. I started chasing it up after reading this forum. Anyway, I got this from VW chat yesterday 5DDC1620-3532-4A23-8EA5-F8BED9639CC0.png
The factory accepted the order 5/10. So I did press for if they knew when it might be allocated a build week - they didn’t know and couldn’t make any promises. So I might be waiting some considerable time into 2021! Oh well, disappointing but there is a lot of stuff going on...: I am not sure what I will do if they ask me for any import surcharge tax though.

Hello,
I have been following this thread with real interest. I ordered my California Ocean 199 4WD on 25/09 without really having any advance knowledge of the engine changes. Nothing was mentioned at Hawco Inverness. Just that it would take about 12 weeks to arrive unless Covid interferes. So just before Xmas. I started chasing it up after reading this forum. Anyway, I got this from VW chat yesterday View attachment 68857
The factory accepted the order 5/10. So I did press for if they knew when it might be allocated a build week - they didn’t know and couldn’t make any promises. So I might be waiting some considerable time into 2021! Oh well, disappointing but there is a lot of stuff going on...: I am not sure what I will do if they ask me for any import surcharge tax though.
There's quite a few of us in the same position, ordered September, advised 10/12 weeks and no mention of impacts other than Covid. Latest on my order is delivery March/April next year. Assume you are able to cancel in the event that there is an impact on cost due to import tariffs, if not I would suggest you go back to Hawco and get them to give you that protection.

Hello,
I have been following this thread with real interest. I ordered my California Ocean 199 4WD on 25/09 without really having any advance knowledge of the engine changes. Nothing was mentioned at Hawco Inverness. Just that it would take about 12 weeks to arrive unless Covid interferes. So just before Xmas. I started chasing it up after reading this forum. Anyway, I got this from VW chat yesterday View attachment 68857
Not good customer service there. Suspect you've have missed a 199 slot, and will get a 204. On the upside that would have cost you c£800 if you'd ordered a few days later. Emissions don't matter for tax purposes on Oceans, but you will be able to rest assured you've minimised your emissions...

There's quite a few of us in the same position, ordered September, advised 10/12 weeks and no mention of impacts other than Covid. Latest on my order is delivery March/April next year. Assume you are able to cancel in the event that there is an impact on cost due to import tariffs, if not I would suggest you go back to Hawco and get them to give you that protection.
Yeah, no word from Hawco as yet. I guess I will make the call to them once we see the outcome of Brexit negotiations. I think that is pretty imminent - they can’t keep kicking the can down the road! But a £7000 premium on an expensive vehicle might be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, no word from Hawco as yet. I guess I will make the call to them once we see the outcome of Brexit negotiations. I think that is pretty imminent - they can’t keep kicking the can down the road! But a £7000 premium on an expensive vehicle might be a deal breaker for me.
Hopefully common sense will prevail and no tariffs will be applied to vehicle imports on either side. However, if they are and has been stated previously on this forum it’s not 10% of the list price of your vehicle, it’s 10% of whatever price that VW Germany sell to VW UK who are the importer. No idea what the number would be but a lot less than the £7k you fear.

I placed an order for a Coast on the 20th October. Was told last week I had been allocated an unconfirmed build week (10) 49. Got an update from Beth today to say I had moved to 20 and build week 49 had been confirmed. Quite surprised as I had originally been told to expect no movement before next year.

Back