Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Well whadya know...just had a call from Eurovans in Crawley to say my build week 8 is CONFIRMED! Should have BB21LLY Ocean by early April, I'm told.
Fantastic. :bananadance2Remind us what dates you had previously ?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi - usually lurking here but I have a confirmed build week 10 for a Ocean 4-Motion 204ps which I ordered in September. Not sure if any other 204's have been confirmed yet...
First I've heard of a 204 confirmed build week, which I understood would be built from week 6. Great news for all the horsepower hunters frustrated by the lack of certainty. Have the details of your engine been released then (mpg, emissions etc)?

S

Saul B

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi - usually lurking here but I have a confirmed build week 10 for a Ocean 4-Motion 204ps which I ordered in September. Not sure if any other 204's have been confirmed yet...
Hi, i think you might be the first Ocean 4-Motion 204ps with a confirmed build week...

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Ordered 8 October. Unconfirmed build dates were Week 51, Week 4, Week 7, before being confirmed week 8... An unexpectedly imprecise process for a German manufacturer
That’s not bad compared to some people’s wait.

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi Swello, can I ask when you actually had your order confirmed at the factory? I ordered an Ocean 4Motion on 17th September, had the ordered confirmed at the factory on 5th October but have no current build date.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
That’s not bad compared to some people’s wait.
Yes, looks likely it will be 6 months from order to delivery. I've heard of quicker (Coast order in November being delivered now).
How long was yours GG?
And what's the longest anyone is aware of?

S

Swello

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi Swello, can I ask when you actually had your order confirmed at the factory? I ordered an Ocean 4Motion on 17th September, had the ordered confirmed at the factory on 5th October but have no current build date.

I'm not sure as to be honest, I haven't been checking that often as I (rightly) assumed it was going to be a long haul. I checked today for the first time in a couple of months. If it helps, I ordered about a week before you...

D

DoctorCP

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Yes, looks likely it will be 6 months from order to delivery. I've heard of quicker (Coast order in November being delivered now).
How long was yours GG?
Should have added that our Coast referred to here is a 150. That seems to be the key to a rapid turnaround time?

Russell Watkinson

Russell Watkinson

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Oh my goodness I’ve just had the first hint of a build date. Not the best news but at least I have a status of 10 now.

I can see that your order is on status 10. This means Factory has set an unconfirmed build week of week 22 of 2021, which is the week commencing 31 May. This can change at any time whether that means it gets brought forward or pushed back.

Not the best news for a September order date

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
How long was yours GG?
Mine was ordered in mid-July and collected on 6th November so just under 4 months.
I think some of our forum friends in the EU have waited 12 months or more!!!

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I'm not sure as to be honest, I haven't been checking that often as I (rightly) assumed it was going to be a long haul. I checked today for the first time in a couple of months. If it helps, I ordered about a week before you...
My goodness, I've just been on VW chat and Mustapha has just said this...I can see that your California has been allocated the provisional build week 10, which commences from the 8th of March. I would recommend checking with us again next week for an update on this.

L

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just been onto chat again - they state its in build & because factory only opened today after holidays to check back in 2 weeks time.
Since first ordering back in October Ive not received one iota of contact from my dealer!
Hi Jenny H, just wondering if you have any further update? i've just been on vw chat and my Coast is still in build ! She assumed it's a sourcing issue for a part but couldn't check as the relevant department is closed

C

camp5

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi Jenny H, just wondering if you have any further update? i've just been on vw chat and my Coast is still in build ! She assumed it's a sourcing issue for a part but couldn't check as the relevant department is closed
Hello. Mine is still in build since 30th Nov (Week 49). What options have you included? I am just trying to work out what part is holding it as other Week 49s have already arrived in UK. I know it won’t change anything but just curious.

VW California Club