Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Ordered a California Beach 6.1 on 2 Jan 2021, Baygreen and white, aux heater, tinted passenger windows, silver awning, 2 Jan 2020 from VW garage in Ireland, given a provisional build week of 23. Today got onto VW chat via the Vw.ie site for first time, (presume its the same chat for all countries) and the response was "The build weeks can change and often do but currently it is reading a build week of week 23 which is the end of May". so it hasn't moved on the system since it was ordered.
I think post #1695 may explain why there has been no update.

Correct and this will come from Volkswagen which will inform the dealer of which build month the vehicle will be built in. Each dealer should have this information already.
I contacted my dealer and he said:

"We haven’t received a list from the brand with build schedules, that would be nice to see !"

Your dealer should have a list from VW telling them when the orders will be built and what position you are in the line.
MY dealer is currently getting their administrator to check
I contacted my dealer and he said:

"We haven’t received a list from the brand with build schedules, that would be nice to see !"
I got a we will need to contact VW and will ring you back in 5 minutes response! So I am stuck with the chat for now.

I got a we will need to contact VW and will ring you back in 5 minutes response! So I am stuck with the chat for now.
Goodness me, I don't think any of us would really mind waiting for a pre-determined, extended period of time, so long as VW provided a specific build date from the outset and delivered it within that timeframe. It's the uncertainty of constantly changing (mis)information, which erodes confidence and enjoyment. Ultimately, it makes it impossible for us to plan trips, secure bookings or have anything concrete to look forward to with the van! We all need something to cheer us up right now.

Goodness me, I don't think any of us would really mind waiting for a pre-determined, extended period of time, so long as VW provided a specific build date from the outset and delivered it within that timeframe. It's the uncertainty of constantly changing (mis)information, which erodes confidence and enjoyment. Ultimately, it makes it impossible for us to plan trips, secure bookings or have anything concrete to look forward to with the van! We all need something to cheer us up right now.
tell me about it. Hey ho! what can we do about it, no point in falling out with the dealer about it, poor service or otherwise, we don't have any option but to sit it and wait for now.

The build month thing suggests provisional build weeks from Vw chat are pointless. Doesn't make any sense why would they waste their time and ours by giving us them. The way they're all over the place kind of suggests that though. I presume vw chat is still useful but only if you receive a confirmed build week? Hoping that is at least accurate!

thanks to tom breeze for the advice, you are correct. I’ve called my dealer today to be told to ignore the online chat and only use the manual lists they have been issued with.
i Am very pleased to be informed that we are van position 54 due to be built in March, which should be here for end of April at the latest. So that’s the first time I’ve had a confirmation for a 204 4 motion.

thanks to tom breeze for the advice, you are correct. I’ve called my dealer today to be told to ignore the online chat and only use the manual lists they have been issued with.
i Am very pleased to be informed that we are van position 54 due to be built in March, which should be here for end of April at the latest. So that’s the first time I’ve had a confirmation for a 204 4 motion.
Thank you. Glad to hear you have some clarity on your order.

Great news....I just got week 9 confirmation from my dealer today so no idea what position that gives me but week 9 is the first week so should be good ...I hope

Great news....I just got week 9 confirmation from my dealer today so no idea what position that gives me but week 9 is the first week so should be good ...I hope
Week 9 will now be a confirmed build week as these happened last week.

Eurovans Crawley?

Hi all,
We have a 204 4motion ocean on order and are in the same boat, provisional build dates at best which are moving back and forth all the time. I’ve just been told that the RDE 204 engines are starting to be built today (wk6) so then fixed dates should follow. There are still no emissions and mpg data but that should land this week according to the chat rep.
Interestingly a quick look at the online brochure reveals 2 new option packs for the Cali...

View attachment 73139

View attachment 73140
I added the sports pack in the end - got a thing for Springfields fir some reason, and think the dark windows etc will look good with Ascot grey. I haven’t seen many pics of it, though I hear Cali Chris has one on order and intends to review it.
Haven’t heard of anyone opting fir the Style pack. Black paint on the lower sectionof the panels sounds unusual...

Am I correct in thinking that my confirmed “build” week f

Oops pressed post too soon. from the chat does not actually mean anything? What is the point in providing these build weeks and where does the chat get them from if they’re not related to reality? I don’t dare check with my dealer now in case I have been pushed back. I’ll just stick my head in the sand and wait for the thing to turn up

Oops pressed post too soon. from the chat does not actually mean anything? What is the point in providing these build weeks and where does the chat get them from if they’re not related to reality? I don’t dare check with my dealer now in case I have been pushed back. I’ll just stick my head in the sand and wait for the thing to turn up

If it’s confirmed (Code 20) my understanding is that it won’t (can’t?) be relegated to provisional (Code 10) again. The frustration for me is how many provisional dates I’ve had (7 so far)...

I've just received this message from SMG Tonbridge: 'We have just been sent information from VW and your order is number 84 out of 385 and is going to be built sometime in March." We ordered first week of March so at least some consistency in the message even if not a specific build week. Fingers crossed we might get it ready fro end of lockdown at end April :)

I've just received this message from SMG Tonbridge: 'We have just been sent information from VW and your order is number 84 out of 385 and is going to be built sometime in March." We ordered first week of March so at least some consistency in the message even if not a specific build week. Fingers crossed we might get it ready fro end of lockdown at end April :)
I am hoping its a typo that you ordered first week March?

We’ve been told by our dealer that our (middle of Nov) order will be built some time in May. I’m not sure what position we are on the ‘list’ you mention, however. At least there are some signs of clarity now, although I’m not sure when it becomes a ‘confirmed’ build date? Who knows.

Hi based on chat yesterday I decided to go directly to my dealer which is also SMG Tonbridge and had confirmation this morning that my order is 113 build during April with delivery to Tonbridge in May. On the VW chat I recieved a response last week expected but not confirmed build in June. So it is clear the dealers are recieving more accurate details and the VW chat site is not accurate and is causing a lot of headaches with messages that keep changing. I'm feeling more confident now

Back