Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Yes. We were notified by our dealer that our order was at stage 38 on 5 Nov. We have just received an email informing us that the status still remains the same - at the port awaiting shipping!
Maybe our vans are keeping each other company! Hope they arrive soon.

Bay Leaf green Ocean ordered 18 May 2021
Delivery expected feb. 2022
….long wait….no news…
Build week 49 confirmed by dealer yesterday
5 weeks expected for build and transport
= new bus in the driveway very soon

My build week just got bumped forward from 17 to 14

Hi David and Helen,
I also have had similar news and worries, I ordered mine in June 2020 and was told to expected it in February or March 2021. It then was extended to August 2021 and the only excuse from VW Germany was shortages in sourcing semi conductor micro chips.
The story was that supplies from China and Japan where the micro chips come from are taking longer than usual due to COVID 19 related issues. Factory closed, factories running at half the personnel and finally a factory had caught fire had cause a major back lock of supply. What can one do, so I just keep waiting. In August not having any news from them I went down to see them in September. To my surprise they offered me the deposit back as they cannot commit or confirm a build date. Now October 2022 has been said and I suppose it is to keep we away until then. VW Germany will not tell us anything else and by the look of things they are not to worried with lose of business.
I feel your pain and the experience you describe closely matches mine. I ordered same spec but a LHD Coast in Nov 2020. Expected delivery has shifted twice from Sept to Dec and now March 2022. The Oct 2022 date you mention is concerning. There is clearly some prioritization going on for various markets but at this point I'm not holding my breath the Cali will materialize in March. Not much can be done which is hugely frustrating. I guess I'm prepared for the long haul at this point.

Good to hear build dates being brought forward - either factory has found extra capacity or folks are cancelling orders

I feel your pain and the experience you describe closely matches mine. I ordered same spec but a LHD Coast in Nov 2020. Expected delivery has shifted twice from Sept to Dec and now March 2022. The Oct 2022 date you mention is concerning. There is clearly some prioritization going on for various markets but at this point I'm not holding my breath the Cali will materialize in March. Not much can be done which is hugely frustrating. I guess I'm prepared for the long haul at this point.
I’m still waiting on my westy joker ordered June 2020, last update was jan/feb. It was supposed to be here May then sept then nov, so feel your pain.

We ordered mid-Oct, so just made it before the Nov cut - but no build date as yet, so, although fingers are tightly crossed, fearing we are going to fall down the end of June crack ..

I ordered at the start of June, aslong as it arrives before the June 30th cut off Il be happy, I know some orders have been over a year before arriving but I think I can remain positive it will arrive in time. Fingers crossed.

We ordered ours at the end of September so I started to save some extra cash for price increase. I hope I won’t use it. We’ll see.

Actual

Original build week was 19, then to 17 then today down to 14
Similar story here, except original date of week 17, then got pushed back to week 19, and was told today it had come forward to week 14. All provisional of course.

Finally finally finally ! my dealer called me to say my ocean has left the uk port of grimsby and is on way to the dealer so next week i can have the van, with one small worry........ with the 500 quid of accessories vw gave as a sorry for the delay i ordered the rear and front dashcams from kenwood, and they havent arrived in yet, wouldn't that just be so ironic............ but that aside im ecstatic its actually going to come true :)

It happened :D I was able to take my bus home yesterday :bananadance2
Now comes the busy time to buy buy buy all the accessories I've been stressing about all year . The economy will be humming :GrinView attachment 87144View attachment 87145
lol i have done other way round and filled my lounge with goodies all in one huge cardboard box with bike rack in that my wife doesnt realises holds so so so much more........

Finally finally finally ! my dealer called me to say my ocean has left the uk port of grimsby and is on way to the dealer so next week i can have the van, with one small worry........ with the 500 quid of accessories vw gave as a sorry for the delay i ordered the rear and front dashcams from kenwood, and they havent arrived in yet, wouldn't that just be so ironic............ but that aside im ecstatic its actually going to come true :)
Brilliant news! I cannot wait to hear this news too! How long did yours take from leaving the factory?

It happened :D I was able to take my bus home yesterday :bananadance2
Now comes the busy time to buy buy buy all the accessories I've been stressing about all year . The economy will be humming :GrinView attachment 87144View attachment 87145
Looks amazing!! How long did it take to arrive to CH from the moment you got a VIN ? I saw mine in the myvw page like 2 weeks ago, but no updates so far (I still see the golf default image)

Brilliant news! I cannot wait to hear this news too! How long did yours take from leaving the factory?
from leaving the factory it was around 5 days getting into the port then around 7 days to arriving in grimsby then another 4 days to get out of docks so strangely it felt quick lol , ordered mine january the 21st 2021

lol i have done other way round and filled my lounge with goodies all in one huge cardboard box with bike rack in that my wife doesnt realises holds so so so much more........
Haha. I haven't been as good as I'm making out. I have a storage box in the shed with lots of small purchases :D .

There's this German guy who presents his filled to the brink camper on you tube. While he's pulling out things from the cupboards that are fit together like 3d puzzles he's giving his partner (who's filming) heck for putting things away the wrong way. Meanwhile he's showing 3 coffee making solutions, 2 porta potties :shocked that's the nightmare scenario I'm trying to avoid.

@meryvan: If VIN is day 0, then Bulli pictures were day 9 and pickup day 28. Hope you get your very soon :thumb

Back