Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean + New California Owner + Help for New Owners

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
This may sound daft but have you housed it correctly? When you slide the table back between the seat and the fridge you have to push it towards the fridge at the same time to enable it the locate on the housing fitting. If you don't do this it will rattle.
Look under the table when its out and at the side wall of the fridge and it should become obvious how it works. You should hear it locate on the fitting when its housed correctly.
Yes +1 for this. There is a "right" way and a "wrong" way to put the table back when finished.
Unfortunately after over 6 years of ownership my lovely wife still puts it back the "wrong" way!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I found a thread on here about two years ago about changing the units on the display - You need to plug in the computer & code your van as if it came from a different country, I think it was Australia which still let you toggle between KMH and MPH but you could get the MPH up in large letters.

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
View attachment 12449 We've had our new T6 204 Ocean (4x4, manual) for one week. Drives much better and engine quieter than T5 California. Only one problem; the water gauge shows tank is full when it's empty. Van is going in next week for this to be remedied. The table rattles too when put away against the cupboards when driving. I'll get the dealers to look at this too.

I'm pleased to say that we can still get our Thule storage box attached to the tow bar underneath the bike rack so will have plenty of space for our long tour to Switzerland and France in July/August

By the way, the number plate is our old T5 if you're wondering why it looks like a 2012 van.
Van looks great - many adventures ahead for you.
Just a quick question, with the box on the towbar, can you open the tailgate? Does it swing out of the way?

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
This may sound daft but have you housed it correctly? When you slide the table back between the seat and the fridge you have to push it towards the fridge at the same time to enable it the locate on the housing fitting. If you don't do this it will rattle.
Look under the table when its out and at the side wall of the fridge and it should become obvious how it works. You should hear it locate on the fitting when its housed correctly.
Thanks Borris - no rattles whilst driving today :bananadance

VW California Club