Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not a nice Monday morning...

A branch scored a deep gouge along the full 6 meter length of our motorhome a year ago. After the body repair shop got hold of it you would never have known it had happened. These guys work miracles. In a month it will be a memory. It is an awful feeling when you first see it but as Granny Jen would probably say: "Worse things happen at sea"....

A branch scored a deep gouge along the full 6 meter length of our motorhome a year ago. After the body repair shop got hold of it you would never have known it had happened. These guys work miracles. In a month it will be a memory. It is an awful feeling when you first see it but as Granny Jen would probably say: "Worse things happen at sea"....

Oh my goodness yes!!:shocked

Look what happened when the foglo sank off Finland 170 years ago!

168 bottles of champagne went down with her including Louis Roederer and verve cliquot! Desperate! :sad

Fortunately the Baltic proved to be an excellent wine chiller and many were salvaged and went to auction in 2011.

Oh dear hope it gets sorted ok. Hopefully you have a protected no claims!
Booked in for an early January fix. About 1.5/2 weeks to do apparently.
The insurance have instructed enterprise to give me a 'like for like' hire replacement! Haha. I don't think they'll quite manage that!

Something to watch out for, one way of dealing with this is to heat the panel to reshape it. If you have a waste pipe or something similar behind it can get damaged by the heating process. I speak from experience!!
Just a thought.

David

Something to watch out for, one way of dealing with this is to heat the panel to reshape it. If you have a waste pipe or something similar behind it can get damaged by the heating process. I speak from experience!!
Just a thought.

David
Thanks David. Thankfully I'm a beach so a little less complicated!

So I've just dropped off my Cali at the body shop and have driven home in my enterprise Hyundai i800. Hmmm.
Wow. Definitely appreciating my VW even more!
Seems a lot smaller inside. Less headroom. Brakes less keen. Acceleration ok. Awful interior design. Seats not as comfy. Bump in the floor between front seats. Visibility less good.
These next few days will be an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' experience I think.

But the same length (or slightly bigger from memory) than a Cali !
You're right. Around 25 cm longer and a little wider too. Re the inside space it shows how VW do simple, practical usable design very well.

So I've just dropped off my Cali at the body shop and have driven home in my enterprise Hyundai i800. Hmmm.
Wow. Definitely appreciating my VW even more!
Seems a lot smaller inside. Less headroom. Brakes less keen. Acceleration ok. Awful interior design. Seats not as comfy. Bump in the floor between front seats. Visibility less good.
These next few days will be an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' experience I think.
Thanks for the feedback, very useful, I had wondered about these myself (in a weak moment, as you do). Shan't any more. Clarkson did hammer it in one of the papers but then he would wouldn't he? At the time I did wonder what he would say about a Cali..........
Hope that the repair goes well.

Thanks for the feedback, very useful, I had wondered about these myself (in a weak moment, as you do). Shan't any more. Clarkson did hammer it in one of the papers but then he would wouldn't he? At the time I did wonder what he would say about a Cali..........
Hope that the repair goes well.
When they first came out a few years ago I thought they looked half decent and wondered what they'd be like. Good to at least tick that off the list and wonder no more!

Back