Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet NOW THIS! Dates for the 2019 Meet in Denmark are now official!

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 30-08-2019
Event end date: Sunday 01-09-2019
Registration ends: Friday 30-08-2019
Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
The 2019 Meet in Denmark is about to launch!

Finalizing of details is in the process so for now, I will post the dates and location so that you can start planning. I promise you are up for a meet in an extraordinary place!

You can arrive at Bornholm from Germany, Denmark or Sweden … so a roundtrip might be the obvious choice?

Prospect and booking will be launched as soon as possible – stay tuned!

My Post-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Henrik , we will be there ....:thumb

Blimey it’s on an island in the Baltic Sea: looks amazing.1000 miles from South Wales inc 2 ferries. Would love to make it if we can juggle the children’s movements around that time.

Would love to be a part of this! I am checking diaries - could be tight as we are planning a trip to the USA and the National Parks in a rented RV (not a Cali sadly) in September.

Would love to be a part of this! I am checking diaries - could be tight as we are planning a trip to the USA and the National Parks in a rented RV (not a Cali sadly) in September.

You must come! It is essential – who else is gonna draw the winners in the lottery :)

Oh I’m so upset, we have a family wedding otherwise we would have loved to join this meet. :(

The ferry from the mainland to Bornholm is quite affordable at the moment. Its possible go come
Oh I’m so upset, we have a family wedding otherwise we would have loved to join this meet. :(

Thats a pity - you will get even more upset when you see the Prospect I suspect :)

BTW … just booked the ferry from Ystad to Bornholm (2-way) for less than 100 € – and not even the cheapest departures.

Really strange ferry rules for bornholmslinjen . Normal car is under 1.95? Usually our vans are normal since it is under 2m. Was quoted 649dkk for a car under 1.95

You must come! It is essential – who else is gonna draw the winners in the lottery :)
Planning starts in earnest on Monday week with flights as a high priority. These will probably be after September 5th as by then a good number of American Tourists will be back at work so it should be less crowded. Once these are sorted it will be much clearer. This meet is without doubt in our mix of high priorities to include in our 2019 plans. :):)

BTW … just booked the ferry from Ystad to Bornholm (2-way) for less than 100 € – and not even the cheapest departures.

Can you not just hop on the ferry like most ferrys to islands in scandinavia ?

Can you not just hop on the ferry like most ferrys to islands in scandinavia ?

Yes, but it is always a change if it is fully booked. I don't think its a problem late August. But better safe that sorry :)

If you book in advance, the fare is normally cheaper …

Really strange ferry rules for bornholmslinjen . Normal car is under 1.95? Usually our vans are normal since it is under 2m. Was quoted 649dkk for a car under 1.95
Did you see my post #11 above? seems quite cheap at DKK456 return.

Silence has been too long!

I have been busy creating a forum-webpage for the Danish Community while waiting for the last details on the next meet on Bornholm to settle. It has been too long for my taste, but it is not all in my hands. I hope that booking is open very soon – so please be patient a little longer :)

Sorry I have no idea how i missed this the first time, Ill have a chat with my good lady.