Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet NOW THIS! Dates for the 2019 Meet in Denmark are now official!

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 30-08-2019
Event end date: Sunday 01-09-2019
Registration ends: Friday 30-08-2019
BE ALERT! Reservations for the VW California Meet Denmark 2019 are due to open within the next 24 hours … dont miss it :)

BE ALERT! Reservations for the VW California Meet Denmark 2019 are due to open within the next 24 hours … dont miss it :)
Very excited by this Henrik, thanks for giving us a sneak preview last weekend

1/3 of the tickets gone in just 24 hours … be fast :)

It looks like we have had to cancel our Norway trip, so a little sad about that. This however means we can now attend the Bornholm meet. ;D

It looks like we have had to cancel our Norway trip, so a little sad about that. This however means we can now attend the Bornholm meet. ;D

Love it! But sad to hear that you do not make it to Norway … but again, Norway will stay, the meet in Bornholm is a once off opportunity :)

I've been looking up some info preparing the trip ...
Those intresed , some info and free tourist guide downloads here:
Need to book a ferry to the island but still undicided from where ?
Leaving the island will be ferry to Germany
Found this
Any other ways of getting on the island ?

This can be usefull also:

Last edited:
Ferries will be from Ystad (Sweden), Sassnitz (Germany) or Køge (Denmark). So coming from the south Sassnitz on Rügen will be a good choice – if you do not want to do a great roundtrip thru Denmark to Sweden (shortest ferry route). Despite what you choose Borrnholmlinien is the one company facilitating the ferries.

Looking forward to seeing you all … still a few tickets left!

Have a look in the prospect – lots of info there :)

I posted this in the wrong area, so here we go again:

Couple of questions, does my friend need to own a California to come, or is a conversion ok?

Obviously my grasp of the Danish language is not good, will I be ok? for instance when I go to Netherlands I'm understood.

I’ll probably be on my own and this being the first trip out of the UK, will I feel like a spare part?

I posted this in the wrong area, so here we go again:

Couple of questions, does my friend need to own a California to come, or is a conversion ok?

Obviously my grasp of the Danish language is not good, will I be ok? for instance when I go to Netherlands I'm understood.

I’ll probably be on my own and this being the first trip out of the UK, will I feel like a spare part?
A conversion is also very welcome but I am not sure how good your Danish is and if the locals will understand. But if you just speak english you will be safe. And understood.

See you in Bornholm

Haha I remember the conversation we had at the last meet.

"I fell bad as an English person that I don't speak many languages"
I get a confused look.
"You speak English that will get you by in most countries."

How are spaces at the moment? We haven't booked yet due to cash flow but will do soon. :)

Haha I remember the conversation we had at the last meet.

"I fell bad as an English person that I don't speak many languages"
I get a confused look.
"You speak English that will get you by in most countries."

How are spaces at the moment? We haven't booked yet due to cash flow but will do soon. :)

True … I remember that

:)

Actually quite difficult to find people in Denmark than do not understand at least a minimum of English. It is mandatory from mid school. But If you have never been here, I reckon it is natural to ask the question.

There are still some spaces left, but I will run a campaign in the near future to get the last filled. But I think you will be all right – looking forward to seeing you!

Wish we could come over, but just don’t have enough holiday left to be able to get there and back in time. Any chance you could bring Bornholm a bit nearer?

I could ask … but It might be more easy to move your holidays than the Island … :cool:

UPDATE!

Only 10 spaces left! Do not wait too long if you want to joint this wonderful opportunity to discover a special part of Scandinavia :)

You have quite easy access with the crossing Sassnitz (Rügen) - Rønne (Bornholm) if you come from the south …

True … I remember that

:)

Actually quite difficult to find people in Denmark than do not understand at least a minimum of English. It is mandatory from mid school. But If you have never been here, I reckon it is natural to ask the question.

There are still some spaces left, but I will run a campaign in the near future to get the last filled. But I think you will be all right – looking forward to seeing you!
Maybe you can give us a little guide to some basics of Danish that we can learn .

Only 8 places left!

So @Jabberwocky and others that should not miss out – its time to book now :)

How are other UK folks travelling there?

We are thinking Sassnitz to Ronne ferry, driving via Calais at present. Is there a better ferry to skip all the driving?

We are thinking Sassnitz to Ronne ferry, driving via Calais at present. Is there a better ferry to skip all the driving?

Alternative is driving to Køge (Denmark). But it is a little further drive (40 min). So it also depends on what you want to see on the way.

We are also undicided on where to get a ferry to the island ....not booked any ferry yet.

Last year we found that Hoek Van Holland - Harwich shortened the driving for us. The route through Germany and The Netherlands from Denmark to the port was quicker and the A120/12 and M25/M4 was a faster return to Bristol.

Stena Line ferries are good too, with a decent restaurant, comfortable basic cabins, and friendly crew.

We were also able to stop off at Campercentrum in Amersfoort, not to be missed if you are that close!

Alan

We're taking the tunnel (but have cheap frequent traveller tickets so seems a no-brainer), and taking a few days through to Sweden and taking early morning from Ystad to Bornholm, and back to Koge on the Sunday before a sprint back to UK due to school starting on the Wed. Hoping to stop at Campercentrum on way up or back to at least see what all the good comments and vibes are about....
Looking forward to meeting many of you there, Mike

The tunnel is close to £300 once we include our two dogs, even going at weird times to bring the cost down. We can't leave until Monday so it will be a long couple of days I think.

An opportunity to cut the driving time down does appeal. However the Ferry to Hook of Holland seems to be £490+ wow I am guessing they treat a cali the same as a massive motorhome? Tunnel it is.

Last edited:
If you think you will be going across to France a few times a year take a look at the Frequent traveller deal - 5 return trips from GBP 46 each way for a normal car plus about 18 or so for a Cali due to the height.