Not open for further replies.
Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
No it's just the terminology you wish to use.
The Beach is an excellent MPV that you can take camping.

The Ocean is a Campervan . End Of.
A rose by any name smells as sweet !

My V5 tells me what it is and it’s not MPV,
The way I use it for camping tells me its a Campervan,
I can pitch next to you on a site or wild camp in the same places, as much as I know that winds you up.
There is nothing you can do in an Ocean that I cannot do in my Beach, But you already know that from previous banter.

You take the bait every time WG,
it must be hard being so passionate about an Ocean (and never having owned a Beach) to the point you must respond in a derogatory manner to just about every post where a California Beach is mentioned, knowing that the reality is a Beach serves many people’s purposes far better Than an Ocean, is it so hard for you to comprehend that people Choose a Beach for other reasons that you offer for owning an Ocean ?

anyone would think your on commission?

End of. (But I know it won’t be from you because you can’t help yourself)

4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Does anyone know if the new beach camper come without the new led controller if you don’t spec the night heater?
Never owned a beach but they are both great vans or campervans or cars, they are the Swiss arm knife of vehicles :thumb

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just a reminder that Beach owners have always cooked indoors when the weather indicates, even before the mini stove was available. New Year’s Eve ‘20/‘21 Baqueira, Pyrenees.

5796BC1E-5FDA-487B-953D-FE0A7E3B2B71.jpeg15C60BFB-53F4-4808-8416-707321CD07E6.jpeg

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Without going into to much detail @Perfectos
The first pic was stacked because of the extra stuff needed like an awning. Which we no longer use.
Those days are over…
Behind some of what you can see, are boxes with plates, cooking kit and all the other stuff needed for camping.

True, in the second pic, I slimmed stuff down. I had too. But still, the Beach wasn’t easy to live with.

Compare to an Ocean setup.
Everything is stowed and easy to use. We no longer use an awning and camping is 10 times easier and more convenient.

It’s horses for courses.
The Beach makes sense to some. But I’ve been won over by the Ocean.

E66EB816-3E4A-4C4D-952D-842BF7CF8A4A.jpeg

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Behind some of what you can see, are boxes with plates, cooking kit and all the other stuff needed for camping.

True, in the second pic, I slimmed stuff down. I had too. But still, the Beach wasn’t easy to live with.

Compare to an Ocean setup.
Everything is stowed and easy to use. We no longer use an awning and camping is 10 times easier and more convenient.

It’s horses for courses.
The Beach makes sense to some. But I’ve been won over by the Ocean.

View attachment 84534
Are you comparing your current Ocean with your original Beach that you bought 7-8 years ago or the current 6.1 camper version… for example the 2 seat bench version with low storage and hob?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Does anyone know if the new beach camper come without the new led controller if you don’t spec the night heater?
Never owned a beach but they are both great vans or campervans or cars, they are the Swiss arm knife of vehicles :thumb
With new controller irrespective

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Surely that pop up beach kitchen (which I like very much) would have to be spotlessly clean before you folded it away or crumbs,fat ,water etc would fall behind the panel? Where in the ocean just shove the lid down and clean it at home

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Are you comparing your current Ocean with your original Beach that you bought 7-8 years ago or the current 6.1 camper version… for example the 2 seat bench version with low storage and hob?

Yes.
I’m not sure I see the point of the flippy stove thing. I think a Brukit/jetboil makes more sense…?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Surely that pop up beach kitchen (which I like very much) would have to be spotlessly clean before you folded it away or crumbs,fat ,water etc would fall behind the panel? Where in the ocean just shove the lid down and clean it at home
Therefore, I think most people will find it sensible to just wipe it down after use then? Depending on how many days or weeks away from home, it would seem a tad unhygienic to always wait until returning home, before cleaning any surface that's involved in the preparation of food?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Beach- correct choice
Ocean - mistake
End of.
But Matty, you've got to explain why the Beach is right for you!?....and the Ocean isn't!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VW California Club