Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OCEAN to BEACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously have too much time, to annotate 37 posts of mine with the SAD icon shows a significant level of insecurity .
Your comments regarding the built in water tank on the proper Campervan, SE/Ocean, we’re absolutely hilarious, and very Sad in way. Clutching at straws springs to mind.
If you want to maintain the Beach is a comparable Campervan to the Ocean then you have been conned. Having to buy something to cook on, carry water, a fridge etc and additional storage to stop everything rattling around makes it very poor value as a Campervan.
As a MPV it makes a lot of sense.
you should write to VW to let them know your thoughts, particularly as your transporter based Van and mine share a lot of the same parts, they are produce at the same facilities.
in the interest of the Forum this is my last post on this thread although I doubt that for the good of the forum it will be your last judging by you history of having to respond to any thing you can’t handle And your continued out and out passion to do this Forum and it’s members some considerable harm in some instances by spreading your spite and venom at will and unnecessarily so In many instances with your choice of veiled attacks at so many Whom choose to have an opinion you don’t share.

Last edited:
No WG I’m just being as petty minded as you, I’m glad you noted it!
it is in response to marking my posts as ”Sad “ in the first place without offering any response.

Yes @westfalia we Know WG is that insecure he takes screen shots which he trolls out some Inordinate time later as evidence to a quite often trivial debate that he has effectively blown out of all proportion.

WG, the forum is more than aware you have far too much time on your hands (particularly as you put it on your avatar ad a badge of honour.
Often you are observed by many responding in an inane and often aggressive manor to those who have the temerity to have a mind of their own.
It’s such a shame that you offer so much in some ways to the forum then deliberately slap it in the face in others.

I would suggest that it you who are insecure by your high level of posts relating to a VW factory California Beach Camper van that you don’t even own and clearly have no interest in owning, because you have a proper Camper (Don’t we know it), but instead you make it your life’s work to mitigate your insecurities by constantly attacking what others hold dear:

Using their VW California Beach Campervan as a CAMPER VAN.

yes that right it’s a Camper van Deal with it and move on.

Edit : other can be that sad too

View attachment 84599
Don't bring me into it :) I've never seen @WelshGas posting screenshots.

But I think the beach is a nice Mpv with a lift up roof :D

You obviously have too much time, to annotate 37 posts of mine with the SAD icon shows a significant level of insecurity .
Your comments regarding the built in water tank on the proper Campervan, SE/Ocean, we’re absolutely hilarious, and very Sad in way. Clutching at straws springs to mind.
If you want to maintain the Beach is a comparable Campervan to the Ocean then you have been conned. Having to buy something to cook on, carry water, a fridge etc and additional storage to stop everything rattling around makes it very poor value as a Campervan.
As a MPV it makes a lot of sense.
I do like the fact that, although you don't consider the VW Beach to be a proper Campervan, you did once post that when your children were younger...it would have been your choice over the SE (if it had existed) That's refreshing to know.

I thought those emoji things & the like were what us old folks accused the kids of using with their short attention spans.

No WG I’m just being as petty minded as you, I’m glad you noted it!
it is in response to marking my posts as ”Sad “ in the first place without offering any response.

Yes @westfalia we Know WG is that insecure he takes screen shots which he trolls out some Inordinate time later as evidence to a quite often trivial debate that he has effectively blown out of all proportion.

WG, the forum is more than aware you have far too much time on your hands (particularly as you put it on your avatar ad a badge of honour.
Often you are observed by many responding in an inane and often aggressive manor to those who have the temerity to have a mind of their own.
It’s such a shame that you offer so much in some ways to the forum then deliberately slap it in the face in others.

I would suggest that it you who are insecure by your high level of posts relating to a VW factory California Beach Camper van that you don’t even own and clearly have no interest in owning, because you have a proper Camper (Don’t we know it), but instead you make it your life’s work to mitigate your insecurities by constantly attacking what others hold dear:

Using their VW California Beach Campervan as a CAMPER VAN.

yes that right it’s a Camper van Deal with it and move on.

Edit : other can be that sad too

View attachment 84599
You’ve just admitted it. “ using their Beach as a Campervan “, not that it is a Campervan 24/7. But it can be used as one. In other words it can be used as something other than a Campervan. In other words a MPV.
Thank you for confirming that.

I do like the fact that, although you don't consider the VW Beach to be a proper Campervan, you did once post that when your children were younger...it would have been your choice over the SE (if it had existed) That's refreshing to know.
I had a Bedford MIDI that carried 7 of us. We took it camping but we never considered it was a Campervan. Just a MPV that we took camping.

you should write to VW to let them know your thoughts, particularly as your transporter based Van and mine share a lot of the same parts, they are produce at the same facilities.
in the interest of the Forum this is my last post on this thread although I doubt that for the good of the forum it will be your last judging by you history of having to respond to any thing you can’t handle And your continued out and out passion to do this Forum and it’s members some considerable harm in some instances by spreading your spite and venom at will and unnecessarily so In many instances with your choice of veiled attacks at so many Whom choose to have an opinion you don’t share.
I have in the past written to DVLA. Apparantly when the changes for Motor Caravan registration, delayed from April 2021, are introduced there will be changes.

Did I? Must have been unwell. I certainly wouldn’t have considered it as a Campervan just a MPV to carry a tent, awning and all the other camping equipment whilst allowing some to sleep in the vehicle.

“To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.”​

― George Orwell
That’s an interesting quote to the question asked. But then it is a difficult question to answer.

Did I? Must have been unwell. I certainly wouldn’t have considered it as a Campervan just a MPV to carry a tent, awning and all the other camping equipment whilst allowing some to sleep in the vehicle.
You didn’t say it was a Campervan or a MPV.. just that the Beach would have been your theoretical first choice. There was no mention of you feeling unwell.

You didn’t say it was a Campervan or a MPV.. just that the Beach would have been your theoretical first choice. There was no mention of you feeling unwell.
Can you give a link to said post ,please?

A van can do the same, if fitted with a pop top and bed together with a few extra seats, but DVLA call that “ Van with Windows “.
Now, explain the difference between a Beach and a “ Van with Windows “ fitted with a pop top, roof bed, folding 3 seater bench and extra seats?
The rules are different if it is first registered as a motor caravan. The converters who are getting van with windows are re-registering a used panel van

Slidepod?

View attachment 84582

View attachment 84583

It probably takes a bit of man maths to justify, but they are brilliant and do exactly what you describe.
Oh now this is something I simply can’t get my head around. If I , on pretty much every British camping trip morning, opened the tail gate whilst I huddled around a stove in the wind trying to make a cup of coffee, my better half would pack up and leave, calling me a monumental t**t over her shoulder.
Wonderful on a balmy Euro summer trip, utterly insane anywhere else.

Oh now this is something I simply can’t get my head around. If I , on pretty much every British camping trip morning, opened the tail gate whilst I huddled around a stove in the wind trying to make a cup of coffee, my better half would pack up and leave, calling me a monumental t**t over her shoulder.
Wonderful on a balmy Euro summer trip, utterly insane anywhere else.
I accept that they don't suit everyone.

Thankfully there are lots of other options to choose from. Better halves included ;)

I accept that they don't suit everyone.

Thankfully there are lots of other options to choose from. Better halves included ;)
Well yes but in the same way lots of people believe the earth is flat and glass hammers are useful.
It’s a fundamentally flawed concept.

The rules are different if it is first registered as a motor caravan. The converters who are getting van with windows are re-registering a used panel van
Not necessarily.

Can you give a link to said post ,please?
I can go one better than that and be 'On trend' with a screenshot?
I too had a little too much time on my hands yesterday following our aborted dog(s) walk and pub lunch with the neighbours due to COVID issues.
I figured that when members first join, they base their decision to do so after reading the introductory welcome message on the forum homepage which contains the phrase "somewhere you can meet likeminded people".

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 08.24.55.png

Well yes but in the same way lots of people believe the earth is flat and glass hammers are useful.
It’s a fundamentally flawed concept.
It would in your van as you have a non-removable fixed kitchen unit. That suits your needs well.

They make a bit more sense in a Beach where you don't need that capability all year round.

I can go one better than that and be 'On trend' with a screenshot?
I too had a little too much time on my hands yesterday following our aborted dog(s) walk and pub lunch with the neighbours due to COVID issues.
I figured that when members first join, they base their decision to do so after reading the introductory welcome message on the forum homepage which contains the phrase "somewhere you can meet likeminded people".

View attachment 84606
Thank you. Yes, I would have bought it as a 7 seat MPV to tow a caravan with the added advantage that we could have had a smaller caravan. Never as a Campervan but as a versatile MPV.
Instead we had a Bedford Midi.

It would in your van as you have a non-removable fixed kitchen unit. That suits your needs well.

They make a bit more sense in a Beach where you don't need that capability all year round.
So a MPV, that changes with requirements. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.