Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean vs Beach and some general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pits getting deeper.

Just read back my no offensive original comment when given “our” view on what we have and why we chose it, it was liked by 3 others.

You’ve been triggered by the fact we didn’t want to cook in the van, for the record our friends have one and it smells after years of cooking which they fully agree it does

Now you’re busy shouting into the void, ramblings of an angry person and quite frankly, making no sense.

Get outside, find a hobby and hopefully some peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read back my no offensive original comment when given “our” view on what we have and why we chose it, it was liked by 3 others.

You’ve been triggered by the fact we didn’t want to cook in the van, for the record our friends have one and it smells after years of cooking which they fully agree it does

Now you’re busy shouting into the void, ramblings of an angry person and quite frankly, making no sense.

Get outside, find a hobby and hopefully some peace

Pits really getting deep now. Will need some reinforced side walls soon.

Pits really getting deep now. Will need some reinforced side walls soon.

giphy.gif

Good grief, you’re retired so going to assume you’re well experienced in life, astonished at how you can still be shouting at strangers on the internet.

And I’d suggest reading a book on how to communicate
emoji16.png

@WelshGas was quite sharp and witty, and makes a good point. We oldies weren't schooled in the modern day offence culture and the last thing we needs is books on that, or all the other nonsense pumped in younger people's head from collectivism, to useless toxic pharmaceuticals, to critical race (baiting).

@WelshGas was quite sharp and witty, and makes a good point. We oldies weren't schooled in the modern day offence culture and the last thing we needs is books on that, or all the other nonsense pumped in younger people's head from collectivism, to useless toxic pharmaceuticals, to critical race (baiting).

I’m 44 fyi, I not going to sit back and let condescending/antagonistic reply to a perfectly rational and non malice post that I made.

One look at some of his “replies” to others on various topics only validate my points. He appears to have form.

..... for the record our friends have one and it smells after years of cooking which they fully agree it does
Sounds more like someone needs to read a book on cleaning. How does their kitchen smell?

Sounds more like someone needs to read a book on cleaning. How does their kitchen smell?

Their kitchen isn’t 6 by 6 foot and full of materials that “soak” up smells I can report.

It’s astonishing how much this has bothered a few of you.

You remember when people smoked in their cars, right? - yeah that. They stunk of smoke…..

Their kitchen isn’t 6 by 6 foot and full of materials that “soak” up smells I can report.

You remember when people smoked in their cars, right? - yeah that. They stunk of smoke…..

I think you are the only one that is bothered. There rest of us are chipping in, in a lively way.

Most cars and houses smell, so I agree with you to some extent. The British are not good cleaners, when we travel in Europe we are reminded of this, particularly Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Portugal: there we rarely come across the kinds of residual staleness more common in British properties and cars. I put some of it down to fitted carpets (which I hate) also pets and, as we have agreed, cooking smells.

I think you are the only one that is bothered. There rest of us are chipping in, in a lively way.

Most cars and houses smell, so I agree with you to some extent. The British are not good cleaners, when we travel in Europe we are reminded of this, particularly Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Portugal: there we rarely come across the kinds of residual staleness more common in British properties and cars. I put some of it down to fitted carpets (which I hate) also pets and, as we have agreed, cooking smells.

Please read my original post back, as I’ve now mentioned before, it’s not antagonistic at all but I don’t stand for people being “shitty” for no reason. The internet is a wild place!

Simply put; if you cook in a van and cook properly, not heating up a can of beans, over time it’s going to take on smells, that’s factual.

Seems there’s an unhealthy competitive element to who has what configuration/Cali model.

What I can’t understand is that you appear to have an issue with Ocean owners having a hob in their vans, yet you’ve gone and bought a van with a hob.
Is the smell of cooking on a beach hob different to that of an oceans ?

What I can’t understand is that you appear to have an issue with Ocean owners having a hob in their vans, yet you’ve gone and bought a van with a hob.
Is the smell of cooking on a beach hob different to that of an oceans ?

There really isn’t any issue Andy, I said we didn’t want to cook in our van therefore didn’t need a full kitchen. We use the hob to boil water, pressure cooker outside along with BBQ.

Our friends own an ocean and cook in it regularly, as in proper cooking, strong smelling ingredients and their Van, despite regular cleaning has a “smell to it”

This is genuinely wild, what a welcoming site .

All the folk in we’ve met in real life have been lovely, discussed many configurations and not one of them has got upset.

All the folk in we’ve met in real life have been lovely, discussed many configurations and not one of them has got upset.
I bet you would have got a different reaction if you started the conversation with “ you’ve got an Ocean that must stink” as you intimated in your first post.

There really isn’t any issue Andy, I said we didn’t want to cook in our van therefore didn’t need a full kitchen. We use the hob to boil water, pressure cooker outside along with BBQ.

Our friends own an ocean and cook in it regularly, as in proper cooking, strong smelling ingredients and their Van, despite regular cleaning has a “smell to it”

This is genuinely wild, what a welcoming site .

So I presume you told your “ friends “ who cook in their Campervan , that it “ Stinks “, rather than that it smells because of their habit of cooking on the built in stove?

So I presume you told your “ friends “ who cook in their Campervan , that it “ Stinks “, rather than that it smells because of their habit of cooking on the built in stove?

They know it stinks, they raised it.

You boomers are Hilario, honestly.

You’ve got form WG, seem to get on the wrong side of a few with your tone looking at your replies.

“Retired after 42 years and loving life” in your bio, perhaps try that as apposed to whatever this is.

I bet you would have got a different reaction if you started the conversation with “ you’ve got an Ocean that must stink” as you intimated in your first post.

“We didn’t want it to stink”

All the discussions have been lovely and most we’ve encountered chose to bbq outside citing the very thing I said.

“We didn’t want it to stink”

All the discussions have been lovely and most we’ve encountered chose to bbq outside citing the very thing I said.

Try cooking at -7c in a horizontal ice storm gale in Northern Norway and you'll understand. We're not all fair weather campers.

Try cooking at -7c in a horizontal ice storm gale in Northern Norway and you'll understand. We're not all fair weather campers.

Not sure my 5 year old is up for Norway and -7, the van is for making memories with him.

I’ll let him know he’s a fair weather camper tho.

Inside of ours regularly smells of bacon. I’ve yet to log a downside to this.
A dog has 294,000 more olfactory sensory nerves than us and they don't have a problem with bacon either:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back