Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordering New Cali

Hagakure

Hagakure

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Guys, been lurking on here for a while. Loads of good info and tips!

Ordering our first Cali today and was wondering if I've missed any essentials?

2.0 TDI Blue Motion Tech Ocean DSG 150PS

Oryx White
17” Cascavel Wheels - Black Diamond Turned
App Connect
Cruise Control
Front & Rear parking sensors
Composition Media System with 6.33” touchscreen
Roll out awning - Black
Multifunction steering wheel
Heat insulating tinted glass
Storage net

Comments welcome :)

looks a comprehensive spec, personally I'd add the reversing camera. My insurance company specifically asked if I had a reversing camera so I presume it assisted in lowering my risk profile, and therefore my premium. It works well on the Cali. One thing i wish I'd known about was the extra USB socket you can ask for in the centre console to work with the app connect... ask your dealer about that one. good luck with your order!

Good question, I am not sure but I am sure someone will be along soon that will know..

Welcome to the forum BTW

Hi Martin, Is the heat insulated tinted glass not the same as the privacy glass?

It is called privacy glass with heat insulation ( QLO).
X2 insurance companies quotes gave us a discount for reversing camera.

Heated front seats would be on my list.

Adaptive Cruise Control ?(works perfect with DSG)

Window in sliding door?

Rear View Camera?

Side Assist?

Tow bar (for bike rack)?

Don't go for comfort seats,see swivelgate posts. .? Comfort mattress for down stairs bed. Safe/ storage in wardrobe

With regards to ACC there were some issues with this. It's now forcing one of two options: 1. A multi function steering wheel at £330 2. A multi function wheel price TBC.

white with black wheels and a black awning will look great - I prefer keeping it simple & I like your spec very much :thumb

also the 6.33" screen is beautiful too btw, I have the sat nav version & it's fantastic.

With regards to ACC there were some issues with this. It's now forcing one of two options: 1. A multi function steering wheel at £330 2. A multi function wheel price TBC.

Is this a development from the last week or so? My understanding from the dealer was that if you ordered ACC you got a multi function steering wheel included for no additional cost and I believe other forum members have taken delivery of these. If this is a MY2017 change then it might catch a few people out. Might be time for an email to Guy...

Looking at my order, we ordered the LED Lights and had to add 'Lights and Vision" pack at 190 extra, we also ordered ACC and he said we get a multifunction steering wheel but there is no additional cost listed for that.
High beam assist was also an extra on top of LED headlights.

I added the parking camera. Got it on my Range Rover and to be honest hardly use it but thought what the hell. Didn't add much to the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white with black wheels and a black awning will look great - I prefer keeping it simple & I like your spec very much :thumb

also the 6.33" screen is beautiful too btw, I have the sat nav version & it's fantastic.

Had to be black and white mate. Newcastle supporter. Don't tell anyone though. They might laugh at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a development from the last week or so? My understanding from the dealer was that if you ordered ACC you got a multi function steering wheel included for no additional cost and I believe other forum members have taken delivery of these. If this is a MY2017 change then it might catch a few people out. Might be time for an email to Guy...

It was yesterday, The MFSW has always been added as part of the ACC but I believe that this has changed for MY17. The dealer asked for clarification of this a month ago and still has no answer. He told be it's holding up some orders. Also I was told that week 44 was the earliest time for a build of an Ocean.