Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new California Adventures Channel

IMG_1189.JPG
We are going to treat ourselves to a drive away awning at some stage but we really want to actually see them up before committing. We will probably wait until the Camping Show in February 2018 as they will have them all together in one place and it'll be useful for comparing. The awning sides are just for when we want a bit of shade. If we just wind the awning out, when Bentley is on his long lead he just gets wrapped around the legs, and I'm scared he'll bend them so they are hopefully it's a way of stopping that. We will see how that pans out.
Thanks for the advice about an acsi card. We will get one bought along with a mozzy net.
And we are definitely planning some wild camping, I've got a list of places I want to try out.
Thanks for the tips
Hi Shaun

I've got a outwell paradise drive away awning, don't use it much so if you want to try it out you can borrow it next time your camping in the new forest. (Not selling it but just thought of you wanted to test it and post a review on your channel). Will upload a pic of it set up on my old van in the alps.

IMG_1194.JPG Zeb does the awning leg thing, so I tend to just leave him off the lead and park far away from others. Haven't been kicked off a site yet, most people who camp love dogs too.

View attachment 21488
Hi Shaun

I've got a outwell paradise drive away awning, don't use it much so if you want to try it out you can borrow it next time your camping in the new forest. (Not selling it but just thought of you wanted to test it and post a review on your channel). Will upload a pic of it set up on my old van in the alps.
That's very kind of you. We may well take you up on that offer. The photo in the Alps looks absolutely amazing and it's really not helping my patience! We can't wait to go there!

I would also try and get to a Cali meet as the information you gain from Cali owners is invaluable, at the meet last year there was a wide range of drive away awnings beeing used and was useful speaking to actual Cali owners about pro's and cons's, this helped us buying the right awning in the end rather than something we would hardly use.
Yeah we both really want to go to a meet... in fact we are thinking of trying to organise one next year if people would be interested. We both work shifts so trying to get to one on our days off is quite tricky so we thought that organising one wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hello there!

Nice videos! You'll love it in the Alps, Jungfrau, Italy's lakes etc etc..... We did a trip there over Easter. Some photos, on my IG page https://www.instagram.com/velo_vagabond_/

We brought our dog with us also, it was his first trip out of the UK/IRE, so got his pet passport organised etc etc.... Was all a very easy process. I would recommend you bring Bentley, he and you both will love having him there with you. Any questions regarding pet passport or any of the places we visited, please fire away.

Happy planning!!

**EDIT** Appreciate, with it being your Honeymoon, having Bentley with you may restrict you from planning some events/excursions etc. Bring him next time for sure, if that's the case. As for restaurants, and things like that. We never had any issues either bringing our dog with us, or leaving him for a couple of hours whilst we eat somewhere. Some planning required, but it's do'able.

IMG_8882.JPG

Last edited:
Hello there!

Nice videos! You'll love it in the Alps, Jungfrau, Italy's lakes etc etc..... We did a trip there over Easter. Some photos, on my IG page https://www.instagram.com/velo_vagabond_/

We brought our dog with us also, it was his first trip out of the UK/IRE, so got his pet passport organised etc etc.... Was all a very easy process. I would recommend you bring Bentley, he and you both will love having him there with you. Any questions regarding pet passport or any of the places we visited, please fire away.

Happy planning!!

**EDIT** Appreciate, with it being your Honeymoon, having Bentley with you may restricted you from planning some events/excursions etc. Bring him next time for sure, if that's the case. As for restaurants, and things like that. We never had any issues either bringing our dog with us, or leaving him for a couple of hours whilst we eat somewhere. Some planning required, but it's do'able.

View attachment 21574
Cute hound :)

Just thought some of you may well be interested in our new venture into documenting our travels in our California. We are going to be filming our adventures travelling, doing the occasional equipment review and generally having fun. Bentley our Golden Retriever is definitely the star of the show! Anyway please feel free to take a look at our first video....

Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing what you think
Loved watching your videos, keep posting them.

Hello there!

Happy planning!!

**EDIT** Appreciate, with it being your Honeymoon, having Bentley with you may restrict you from planning some events/excursions etc. Bring him next time for sure, if that's the case. As for restaurants, and things like that. We never had any issues either bringing our dog with us, or leaving him for a couple of hours whilst we eat somewhere. Some planning required, but it's do'able.

View attachment 21574
Ahhh love your poochie! He is so cute with his passport. We will definitely be taking Bentley with us next time for sure. I will message you about getting a pet passport when the time comes, thanks.

Your photos on Instagram are brilliant - you have an extra follower now! :)

Seems you had big fun again , beeing sponsored now getting free campsite acces?
Sorry but skipped thru the part where you look at the campsite cotages....

One warning: take your plastic bowl out of the sink while using the right coocker!
You will eventually melt it .....:talktothehand

Seems you had big fun again , beeing sponsored now getting free campsite acces?
Sorry but skipped thru the part where you look at the campsite cotages....

One warning: take your plastic bowl out of the sink while using the right coocker!
You will eventually melt it .....:talktothehand

That's noted thank you.

‪1000 subscribers!! Absolutely unbelievable! Thank you so much everybody! You guys are awesome

IMG_2369.jpg

A big THANK YOU from us, there's a prize up for grabs and we show you our vlogging kit...

Also like the drone shots but they do make a horrible noise, like a hornet.
We were enjoying the peace of a beautiful sunset over the River Dart in a campsite when the peace was disturbed by the buzzing of a drone filming it.

Also like the drone shots but they do make a horrible noise, like a hornet.
We were enjoying the peace of a beautiful sunset over the River Dart in a campsite when the peace was disturbed by the buzzing of a drone filming it.

Agree , very annoying noise and makes some animals crazy ..including my dog there should be propper rules for using drones in nature reserved sites.

The problem isn't the drone... unfortunately it's the inconsiderate people controlling them sometimes. Every drone "pilot" I have come across so far seems to be very considerate but you only have to look at a few videos on YouTube to realise that there are a lot of people that aren't. I always get permission from the campsite and even so, I still make sure that it is high enough not to bother people. Our's is barely noticeable once at a reasonable altitude.

Also a lot of nature reserves in the UK have a signs prohibiting drones.

The problem isn't the drone... unfortunately it's the inconsiderate people controlling them sometimes. Every drone "pilot" I have come across so far seems to be very considerate but you only have to look at a few videos on YouTube to realise that there are a lot of people that aren't. I always get permission from the campsite and even so, I still make sure that it is high enough not to bother people. Our's is barely noticeable once at a reasonable altitude.

Also a lot of nature reserves in the UK have a signs prohibiting drones.
There was quite a large one hovering over my house a couple of months ago making such a loud noise I came out of the house to see what it was. No idea who was driving it. It freaked me out a bit.

There was quite a large one hovering over my house a couple of months ago making such a loud noise I came out of the house to see what it was. No idea who was driving it. It freaked me out a bit.
we get the same but normally a police helicopter

That's what annoys me, because that is breaking the law. My drone even arrived with a leaflet stating the minimum legal distances from buildings and people and I imagine most drones do so it is situations like that which make people uneasy about drones and ruin it for considerate drone users.

Invest in an air rifle, job done!

It worked with my neighbours halogen spotlight that used to come on at all hours.

Invest in an air rifle, job done!

It worked with my neighbours halogen spotlight that used to come on at all hours.
I hope your neighbour doesn't read this forum! Agree about the drones, they are becoming an annoying nuisance when in the hands of inconsiderate fools!

Back