Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new California Adventures Channel

Invest in an air rifle, job done!

It worked with my neighbours halogen spotlight that used to come on at all hours.
Have been tempted to purchase one to deal with my neighbour's yapping dogs. I am, however, a very law abiding person. It was nice thinking about it though ......

That's what annoys me, because that is breaking the law. My drone even arrived with a leaflet stating the minimum legal distances from buildings and people and I imagine most drones do so it is situations like that which make people uneasy about drones and ruin it for considerate drone users.
It was freaky as I couldn't see who was operating it, and it could have been filming. A pretty useful tool for burglars checking out the rear access to homes etc? Not impressed. Some of the films on here have been fab though, and my husband spends hours watching Ronnie Dahl on 4x4 adventures with beautiful drone footage.

Any chance the mods can "spin" all these posts out to a new topic on drones so that this can return to the Cali adventure topic?

We take a look at The Dark Side!!

We take a look at The Dark Side!!

Great review as always. Would have been interested to see how easy the roof was to pull down manually (memories of T2 Brazilian bay!) and also what the driving and more importantly parking experience was like. Bigger vehicle but suspect much better all round vision with parking cameras etc.

Excellent review of the MP, luxury camper for 2 in my eyes, downstairs bed is a fath, upstairs bed great. Lots of neat ideas I would like to see evolve into a Cali but not so keen on the blinds, boot/chair/table area and roof material. Great work guys.

Some great ideas and love the opening rear windows. A few things I don't like (table and chairs in boot area seems a waste of space, the blinds and making the downstairs bed), but it seems a bit too posh for me as a campervan - if that makes sense!.

Enjoyed the MP review, Did the dealer sort the bed ? or was it a "repair" needed. Like the extra space and some features but feel it is too "ladies day at the races" and would not fit well with my muddy or sand cover feet. Think I prefer the Cali's builders van heritage rather then the MP's which looks limo heritage for our style of use.

Great review, very informative and a fair comparison, didn't come across like you both were massive Cali fanboys, which to give a balanced review is great.

It did seem too posh for us when we looked at one, maybe it's a dog thing (we have a dog) and we can see instantly that we'd be cleaning it all the time and being very worried about the leather etc etc. Does the leather make it less homely?

A bit of soft fabric never did anything any harm in making a warm, inviting atmosphere. I'd love to see a MP that's been 'dressed' for camping, with a few nice wool throws, cushions etc to de-suit it a bit.

Feels like it needs its skinny tie and slim suit jacket taking off and a short sleeve, open neck shirt putting on. In a jazzy Duchamp fabric !!

Looked at the MP and also a new camper that Peugeot are soon to release while at Carfest yesterday. The Peugeot one has sliding doors both sides which is an interesting idea although one side is blocked by the kitchen units. Top of the range is £42k.
I was rather disappointed by the MP and find it hard to think how it could be 'personalised' into the camper I like. Crochet blanket, flashing lei and tropical fairy lights just somehow wouldn't look right

We've just had the new C&MC magazine and they have a review of the MP. They reckon it's a worthy opponent for the California - in some areas it's better and some it's not. They say that while the California represents camping the MP represents glamping - which is along the lines of my previous post when I felt it too posh for camping.

Last edited:
Great review guys, def not for me as my Cali is a proper workhorse.
Some clever bits, and the healthy competition may get vw to do a few more good tweaks (split worktop).
Love the rear tailgate window and then realised it would be no good for me as my bike rack would be in the way!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the comments on the Marco Polo. The general consensus seems to be that it's a little luxurious for camping. We are in Lake Bled, Slovenia at the moment in the pouring rain on a muddy site and we are pretty pleased we don't have that cream leather right now.

Anyway here is Part One of our EuroTrip...

France has everything for the campertourist and the alps are amazing , blue lakes filled with the meltingwater from the glaciers and the snow .
Never been to Swiss in the Cali .
Seems you are enjoying :thumb

Thank you so much for the comments on the Marco Polo. The general consensus seems to be that it's a little luxurious for camping. We are in Lake Bled, Slovenia at the moment in the pouring rain on a muddy site and we are pretty pleased we don't have that cream leather right now.

Anyway here is Part One of our EuroTrip...

Loving your videos, we visited Lauterbrunnen last summer, what an epic location. Hope you had good weather on the Jungfrau trip.

We both agree that the trip to the top of Europe was the best experience of our lives. A must for everyone...

Seems way to crouwded for me up there , but nice views ....
I did trips in the alps walking up the mountains over the glaciers and staying overnight in the huts up there .....thats the real deal.
When you go up always take sunglasses ...the reflexion from the sun in the snow can give permanately damage to your eyes .also raincoat , wool hat and gloves are must haves above 2000m even in the summer , weather changes in 15min time from sun in to snow ...
Have fun !

Back