Parking heater remote

• Thread starter California Dreamin
  • Start date
California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have searched the forum but cannot find anything on adding a remote to the factory fit heater - is it possible? I have vag-com if that makes it easier. Just not sure how different the actual hardware is.

Search on current flow diagram (wiring diagram) for your model and look to see if there is any extra kit related to the control unit i.e. some kind of sender unit, then check to see if you have it fitted.

You should have a sticker (or two) on your driver door telling you what heaters you have, that would be a good starting point.

I believe you will have a Wesbasto Thermo Top C and either a Webasto or an Eberspacher parking heater depending on the year.

Hi there, If you mean the Webasto heater that heats up the coolant for the engine then yes it can have a remote to pre-heat the water and defrost the windscreen etc. If you have a climatronic AC panel then this is what is used on the T5 Version (search on VW Transporter T5 Climatronic Telestart T91 Upgrade KIT - Engine Heater -> Parking Heater and look for the carsystems.pl website)

I only have the Manual AC panel so needed a more expensive kit with relays etc to replace the job of Climatronic Panel so never bothered with it.

I found Plenty of info over on the T5Forum so would be a good place to start, even though yours is a T6.

I'd definitely be interested if anyone knows how to control the factory air heater from a mobile phone?

That seems quite "simple" if you already have the factory remote. Danhag.de has a solution for that.
I would like to control the cooler heater so the engine and windows are warm in the morning.

Yes, webasto has that kit but its not for t6 if I understand it correct.

Yes, webasto has that kit but its not for t6 if I understand it correct.
Have you asked? I would have thought it would either work or they have a kit in the pipeline.