Purchasing VIGNETTES In various Countries

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all

Possibly been asked before if so, sorry, do you purchase before you leave the UK and if so is it on line, A brief explanation would be welcome.

Thanks.

Hi there

We always buy it when we enter the countries although we bought a yearly one for Austria for family reasons (asfinag.at). Great deal: It‘s a digital one (10d, 30d or 1year) and you can buy other ones for let‘s say the Arlbertunnel or the Brenner.

May I ask where are you going to go?

Austria, Slovakia and Czech Republic: buy at the first petrol station/service area. You get window stickers for AU and CZ. Hungary is on line only (in English).

I bought a 10 day vignette for Austria recently in advance of my trip but only received an email confirmation. Am i missing a sticker??
EDIT, checked online and I have a digital vignette, no need for a sticker. :thumb

Last edited:
Hi there

We always buy it when we enter the countries although we bought a yearly one for Austria for family reasons (asfinag.at). Great deal: It‘s a digital one (10d, 30d or 1year) and you can buy other ones for let‘s say the Arlbertunnel or the Brenner.

May I ask where are you going to go?
Hi Sapto, thanks for your reply, will be traveling to Croatia then Adriatic side of Italy then around to the west coast then a ferry to Corsica back to Italy then home to Londra as the Italians refer to little England.

I bought a 10 day vignette for Austria recently in advance of my trip but only received an email confirmation. Am i missing a sticker??
EDIT, checked online and I have a digital vignette, no need for a sticker. :thumb
Great to know your able to do it in advance.

Hungary is on line only (in English).
Has this changed since May 2018?

In May 2018 you could buy from sharks at motorway service stations who would advertise the price +10% in Forints then try to charge your GBP card in Euros 5x the Euro equivalent price.

Best to buy online even if an alternative exists.

We passed on the rip off service area Vignette, then failed to purchase online twice, then forgot to purchase before midnight.

Six months later a fine dropped through the letterbox.

Buy online by midnight on the day you first drive on a Hungarian toll road which are not only motorways, but many single carriageway trunk roads.

Has this changed since May 2018?

Not sure. Google indicated it needed to be bought on line and i didn’t see anything at service stations (not that we stopped over the border).