Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RCD330 problems

GreggB

GreggB

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Finally went ahead and bought a RCD330 head unit for my Cali. Unfortunately it hasn’t gone to plan. While it works, and the CarPlay aspect is spot on, it has a few issues.
It doesn’t switch on with the ignition, you need to press the power button, it turns off after about 30 minutes, steering wheel controls do not work (trip ones are ok) and the Bluetooth cannot be switched on, it asks you to turn the ignition on.
Has anyone had any similar problems?

Cali is a 2015 T5.1 Beach, original radio a RCD310 and new unit a RCD330+ branded Desay. Fortunately chose to buy from a UK supplier who have taken it back and tested the unit, they say it was ok but have offered another one to try.

I do not know about specifics of this head unit, but I know that things like steering wheel controls are configurable in vcds.
Have you tried this?

The radio requires 2 V+ power supplies. One permanent, and the other powered by the ignition.
It appears that the ignition dependent of the power supply is not connected.

I suspect all of the problems are connected and down to the lack of 12v from the ignition. If you just use the knob when parked up, I believe the steering wheel controls don’t work and suspect Bluetooth isn’t enabled. If you can find the ignition feed, then you’ll crack all the problems.

Finally went ahead and bought a RCD330 head unit for my Cali. Unfortunately it hasn’t gone to plan. While it works, and the CarPlay aspect is spot on, it has a few issues.
It doesn’t switch on with the ignition, you need to press the power button, it turns off after about 30 minutes, steering wheel controls do not work (trip ones are ok) and the Bluetooth cannot be switched on, it asks you to turn the ignition on.
Has anyone had any similar problems?

Cali is a 2015 T5.1 Beach, original radio a RCD310 and new unit a RCD330+ branded Desay. Fortunately chose to buy from a UK supplier who have taken it back and tested the unit, they say it was ok but have offered another one to try.
How did you wire it in? Was there an adapter?