Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Trip - France, Spain

Day 14
Rest day. Being a Tourist is hard work,. Spent most of the day lazing outside the van and doing chores, Mrs went for another swim. Our current campsite is really big, a bit run down and completely deserted, I swear we’re the only ones here, has ’The Shining’ off season vibe, which I like.

Spent the evening in Saint Jean-de-Luz, nice place, has a nice old town and lots of busy bars and cafes.

Think we’ll do San-Sebastian tomorrow, looks a bit of a twat for parking. I alway try find a car park to sat-nav to before I arrive somewhere. I hate tight underground car parks. So far I’ve found park-for-night and google maps useful for finding normal parking spots suitable for the van.

Day 14
Rest day. Being a Tourist is hard work,. Spent most of the day lazing outside the van and doing chores, Mrs went for another swim. Our current campsite is really big, a bit run down and completely deserted, I swear we’re the only ones here, has ’The Shining’ off season vibe, which I like.

Spent the evening in Saint Jean-de-Luz, nice place, has a nice old town and lots of busy bars and cafes.

Think we’ll do San-Sebastian tomorrow, looks a bit of a twat for parking. I alway try find a car park to sat-nav to before I arrive somewhere. I hate tight underground car parks. So far I’ve found park-for-night and google maps useful for finding normal parking spots suitable for the van.
Have heard that you need to be careful with parking in San Sebastian as it seems that breakin into vans is common there. Get a campsite or secure parking if you are able to.

Have heard that you need to be careful with parking in San Sebastian as it seems that breakin into vans is common there. Get a campsite or secure parking if you are able to.
Ah, thanks for heads up. Makes sense. I’ll try find secure parking I think.

Pre children, touring Europe in September was bliss. Warm and empty.
I miss those days…

Lovely area around st Jean de luz! Few years ago but we got a train from hendaye to San Sebastián for the day which I remember being quick and easy - might be worth doing as a day trip to avoid the parking hassle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bordeaux area is nice. Lots of cycling, surfing and Lakes…
And the massive sand dune is worth a stop

Day 15
Hola !
San Sebastián, we love you. What a great town, wish we’d had more time here.

Just arrived at a fab little campsite called ‘Camping Izarpe’ near a small village called Aroztegi in the Pyrenees about 20km from Pamplona.

Feels good to be in Spain.

Day 15
Hola !

Just arrived at a fab little campsite called ‘Camping Izarpe’ near a small village called Aroztegi in the Pyrenees about 20km from Pamplona.

Not sure if you like walking / cycling but there is a lovely gorge walk at ‘Foz de Lumbier’ not too far away. A nice overnight halt at https://campingiturbero.com/ on the outskirts of the village.

Day 15
Hola !

Nice, we slept in C Izarpe last March. Good place and nice people. I remember the good showers and the little shop with good pastries. Beware of the cyclists, those Bask love to cycle.

Not sure if you like walking / cycling but there is a lovely gorge walk at ‘Foz de Lumbier’ not too far away. A nice overnight halt at https://campingiturbero.com/ on the outskirts of the village.
Ah that looks fantastic. Thank you.
We plan to visit Pamplona and maybe Olite, visiting the gorge may make a nice little loop.

Such a beautiful part of Spain, with so much to do, once again I am embarrassed by my lack of planning and knowledge of the area.

Nice, we slept in C Izarpe last March. Good place and nice people. I remember the good showers and the little shop with good pastries. Beware of the cyclists, those Bask love to cycle.
Showers are great !
Looking forward to trying the pastries for breakfast.