Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof open Error 1000 - any local recommended repairers?

• Thread starter CarrieanneWhite
  • Start date
CarrieanneWhite

CarrieanneWhite

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We seem to have the usual problem with our T5 2011 Cali and having read through loads of posts on the subject, and trying to erase the error message which did not work, I would like to know if anyone can recommend a reasonable garage that could help to sort the problem out? We are in Dorset and know there is the local VW dealership but not sure if they will be able to help?

Thank you Lambeth Cali - if all else fails I shall take a trip to Cornwall! Was hoping for someone a bit closer to Bournemouth?

We seem to have the usual problem with our T5 2011 Cali and having read through loads of posts on the subject, and trying to erase the error message which did not work, I would like to know if anyone can recommend a reasonable garage that could help to sort the problem out? We are in Dorset and know there is the local VW dealership but not sure if they will be able to help?

Kernow Transporters have an excellent reputation, so worth taking a trip. They have carried out many Cali roof repairs.

Hi,
Plus one for Kernow in Cornwall. They replaced faulty roof sensor and both hydraulic lines on the roof of my 2014 SE. I live in Shropshire but was prepared to travel to Cornwall as my local van centre wanted about £3000 to do the job and I had little faith in their ability. Really pleased with the outcome and wouldn’t hesitate to use Kernow again.
Matt

Thank you Lambeth Cali - if all else fails I shall take a trip to Cornwall! Was hoping for someone a bit closer to Bournemouth?
Doing it yourself is achievable or read the instructions -

and then google ‘auto electrician’, phone one up and see if they’ll do it. It’s basically electrics. They often come to you.
Dealer will be £1000+.
Sensors cost about £50 total. I’m guessing an auto electrician may charge about £250?

Last edited: