Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

saying hi.

The Robbo's

The Robbo's

Vehicle
Motorhome
Hi newly signed up.

Found your site whilst looking at awnings on Google. We haven't got a VW campervan

dare I say we own a Renault Trafic !!! :rolleyes: But I do have a MK1 Golf cabrio:thumb

Your site is full of great topics & advice so if you don't mind a non VW member I'll stay.
All the best for 2016
John.

Welcome. Owned a Mk1 for 12 years. Loved it. Also not everyone on here owns a Cali. It is the interest that counts. I'm still thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John and welcome - I've owned two Mk1 Golf GTI cabs - FANTASTIC fun!image.jpeg

Hi My name is Marni. I'm in Canada looking to buy and import a California. Anybody know about importing overseas? Are they still making these cars i can't seem to find anything about them on VW's website.

Welcome to the site.

Marni, they are now making the T6 version of this so yes. The T5 never made it over there for some reason (emissions maybe) but you never know the T6 might?

Hi newly signed up.

Found your site whilst looking at awnings on Google. We haven't got a VW campervan

dare I say we own a Renault Trafic !!! :rolleyes: But I do have a MK1 Golf cabrio:thumb

Your site is full of great topics & advice so if you don't mind a non VW member I'll stay.
All the best for 2016
John.
Hi John

Nice to have some diversity, we're all interested in camper vans / motorhomes so it would be interesting to hear more about your Trafic :thumb

I remember that 3-way, we tried to find one to look at but there weren't any around at the time. Seem to recall they did a sort of tent thing that fitted into the tailgate so you could leave it open with a loo or shower in there. (Shortly after we ended up with a VW ....)

Looks good! What conversion is it?

Plenty of room in the lounge, is it LWB?

The dual seat is interesting, does it swivel easily?

SK Motorhomes + Featherstone.

Yes lwb gives about 400mm extra.

The front seat swivels easily but I still need to unplug the seat tensioner cable
each time but that will be re routed soon.

If it rains at a meet we could have the social in there!

That Renault conversion looks good .
Can i ask you about what money you spent ? Verhicle + conversion?

Main conversion 15 k van was about 16k I bought the van just as the new model
Was being launched so paid below list.

Been adding a few extras as we all do. Eberspacher, solar panel, alarms etc perhaps another 2k.

I intended to buy a new T5 & convert that but happened on the Traffic deal which suited me.

Much less than the price for a VW SE...

I bought the van just as the new model
Was being launched so paid below list.
Got a better looking van too! Not fussed on the 70's Cadillac grille on the new one ...

Got a better looking van too! Not fussed on the 70's Cadillac grille on the new one ...

Exactly my thoughts on the grill looks more like a truck.

Not been inside the latest model but I'm happy with my camper.

The big plus was discount off the list price paid for 1/2 the conversion

Back