• Fri 1st September to Sun

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Friday 8th Sept to Sun

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Friday 15th Sept to Sun

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Judging by the photos the no windbreak rule doesn't count for awning sides then?

and, is there river access for paddle boarding?
We are on site at the moment and we paddleboarded yesterday. There are a few good access points and river is clean too. Enjoy!

We've just booked! Only our second meet but the first one was a few years ago... taking children but not sure about the dog yet! Has anyone booked onto the paddleboarding, kayak or archery session or done them before?
We've done paddle boarding, laser clay shooting and archery here this weekend. Very well run and friendly team. They organised a competition on the archery for 7 of us. Fills up quickly though so get booked when you get there.

It's the Dirty Duck a little further on from the theatre. Just in case you're trying to find it! If anybody wants a Telescopic ladder we will bring ours we've never used it and bought it second hand £15 !

Yes please @Spud the Telescopic ladder would be very useful.
My wife finds the climb into the upstairs quite a challenge. How much would you want for it?
Many thanks
Simon

Getting closer now guys , hope the weather treads you all well and you all have a great time !
Please post pictures :D

Getting closer now guys , hope the weather treads you all well and you all have a great time !
Please post pictures :D

Thank you very much @hotel california , I'll take lots of pictures & post them.
Hope your meet later in the month goes well too. Will we see you over here in 2018? Simon

Would like to come over if there's a big meet again !

See you all there - also got kids 3,7 and 10 with us so a few more to play together.
Oooh fantastic! Mine are both boys. My 9 year old doesn't 'play' with girls, but my 4 year old loves everyone and all ages. So glad there are some other children. It really makes a difference to them.

We have a newish Vango Cruz. I've put it up a few times now, but are there any experts going to give me any tips? I always have a sag on one side. Also struggle with using the kador. Seems to be a usual problem catching on the door. Any help would be great.

I would also be interested in what people do with hand soap. Guessing these are things we share/show at these meets.

This is our first meet and we are really looking forward to it. I grew up with a motorhome and have some fantastic memories. We had a VW camper conversion before, but sold the car and the old camper and bought the Cali and love it.

Do we know how many are going @MattBW ?
The weather forecast looks better than last year thankfully!!!!

The last couple of times i called the person who was looking after it wasn't in so I don't have a firm number but I believe it is in excess of 25 at last count. I will try and call them again later.

Weather forecast

Friday Sun and cloud 19c
Saturday Sunny 19c
Sunday Cloudy - showers between 4pm and 7pm.

Excellent! Your request for good weather was obviously heard @MattBW
Better than the soaking we got last year :(

I asked them to only have showers after the meet, I know some are staying until Monday which looks grey but fine too :)

Just a quick reminder to everyone coming to Stratford can you set your trip meters before setting off , there is a prize at stake for the Cali that travels the furthest to the meet . Thanks Michael & Sheila see you all there .

We are on site at the moment and we paddleboarded yesterday. There are a few good access points and river is clean too. Enjoy!
We've done paddle boarding, laser clay shooting and archery here this weekend. Very well run and friendly team. They organised a competition on the archery for 7 of us. Fills up quickly though so get booked when you get there.
Hi Calicrazy, can you tell me if we need wetsuits for paddle boarding or are they provided or don't you bother!
Not sure whether to pack mine
Cheers

Weather looking good for Stratford. I'll be bringing the following shelf for sale if anyone is interested. Also happy (keen) to talk to anyone re problems with aux heater and gas cooker supply. Forum name will be on a bit of paper my windscreen. Look forward to catching up :)
Shelf.jpg

which reminds me, I'll have my VCDS with me if anyone needs and coding doing... Auto locks, folding wing mirrors etc...
but please come and find me early and not 10 minutes before I'm leaving on Sunday :rolleyes:

Its a very calm river in Stratford with very little current, last year there was a kayak hire place there but they didnt have wetsuits if memory serves me correct.

Good idea @Loz Ill have Carista and the VAg terminal if anyone wants a look

Just a quick reminder to everyone coming to Stratford can you set your trip meters before setting off , there is a prize at stake for the Cali that travels the furthest to the meet . Thanks Michael & Sheila see you all there .

Haha 7 miles at most :pinkbanana

Chilli cooking now ready for reheating tomorrow, weather looking good fri/sat fingers crossed !