• Fri 1st September to Sun

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Friday 8th Sept to Sun

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Friday 15th Sept to Sun

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a quick reminder to everyone coming to Stratford can you set your trip meters before setting off , there is a prize at stake for the Cali that travels the furthest to the meet . Thanks Michael & Sheila see you all there .

Damn ....should have come...:)

Hi Calicrazy, can you tell me if we need wetsuits for paddle boarding or are they provided or don't you bother!
Not sure whether to pack mine
Cheers
Hi, we were very fortunate with the Bank hol weather as it was red hot. Therefore, we didn't bother with wetsuits. The river was cold but I was happy enough to wade out in shorts and tshirt to help a friend who was determined to stand up on the paddle board! I'd wear water shoes if you have them though. They didn't have wetsuits to hire. We had great fun.

Weather looking good for Stratford. I'll be bringing the following shelf for sale if anyone is interested. Also happy (keen) to talk to anyone re problems with aux heater and gas cooker supply. Forum name will be on a bit of paper my windscreen. Look forward to catching up :)
View attachment 25263
Where does this shelf fit?

Hi, we were very fortunate with the Bank hol weather as it was red hot. Therefore, we didn't bother with wetsuits. The river was cold but I was happy enough to wade out in shorts and tshirt to help a friend who was determined to stand up on the paddle board! I'd wear water shoes if you have them though. They didn't have wetsuits to hire. We had great fun.
Thank you, I've brought both wetsuit and water shoes. Probably won't wear wetsuit now . Note to self : don't lose my balance!

See you all later, although one of the closest I have to earn my keep first! I have left the other half to get the van ship shape, but it's in for a service and apparently a recall for a tensioning belt ( can you guess I'm not mechanically minded!)
Have a couple of cold ones ready for us at 7!

Just a quick reminder to everyone coming to Stratford can you set your trip meters before setting off , there is a prize at stake for the Cali that travels the furthest to the meet . Thanks Michael & Sheila see you all there .
Hi we are on our way travelling from West Sussex, might be in with a shot for the furthest? Stuck on the M25 at the moment!! Looking forward to meeting you all. Ps we have our 10 year old son with is

Still no pictures for us left behind at home...?
Enjoy !

37 Calis booked in wow. We filled the field we initially reserved so there are now two fields but Calis in every direction lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2b6a64b03a21d0d8a8151c1aea241d08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we were there. I wanted to book but knew it would be too much to hope for my husband to actually be in the country .... As expected he's in Africa. Again. Sigh. Have fun everyone and post lots of pics so I can live vicariously through you lot .....

Great weekend - thanks for arranging @MattBW
The journey home this morning was great - 1hr 40, just over half the time it took me to go up on Friday. Just need it to stop raining so I can clean the van out.
Good to meet friends old and new :)

Very enjoyable weekend, many thanks for arranging it @MattBW . Lovely site, especially when we had a lot of it to ourselves.

Lots of familiar faces and lots of new ones too. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did.
Hoping to have a lot more meets next year, so looking forward to catching up again.
Some pictures for you, including some of Charlcote Park a nearby National Trust property.
P1050034.JPG P1050035.JPG P1050036.JPG P1050037.JPG P1050040.JPG P1050046.JPG P1050047.JPG P1050047.JPG P1050048.JPG P1050049.JPG
Simon & Helen

Very enjoyable weekend, many thanks for arranging it @MattBW . Lovely site, especially when we had a lot of it to ourselves.

Lots of familiar faces and lots of new ones too. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did.
Hoping to have a lot more meets next year, so looking forward to catching up again.
Some pictures for you, including some of Charlcote Park a nearby National Trust property.
View attachment 25310 View attachment 25311 View attachment 25312 View attachment 25313 View attachment 25315 View attachment 25316 View attachment 25317 View attachment 25317 View attachment 25318 View attachment 25319
Simon & Helen
Lovely as always to catch up with you Simon , sorry we didn't get chance to wave you off this morning.
Lesley x

Where does this shelf fit?
Apologies I've only just seen this post. It fits in the lip of the roof inside and sits wherever you want it to. There is a photo somewhere on this forum I'll find the link and add it. I met a lady at Stratford who also had a modified shelf bought from ikea which looked interesting (and was a lot cheaper).

Final count was 45 California's including some Cali conversions although some weren't there for the meet intentionally ;-)

It was great to meet everyone and sorry to those I didn't manage to catch up.

Blown away by the attendance and glad the weather was so good Friday and Saturday.

Special thanks to @CALROE1 for organising and funding the mileage competition more on that later :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Final count was 45 California's including some Cali conversions although some weren't there for the meet intentionally Final count was 45 California's although some weren't there for the meet intentionally ;-)

Blown away by the attendance and glad the weather was so good Friday and Saturday.

Special thanks to @calroes
;-)

Special thanks to @CALROE1 for organising and funding the mileage competition more on that later :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A thank you from us again Matt for organising and Micheal for the mileage competition. All good fun !
Lesley

Thanks @MattBW for organising the event. As you say great weather on Friday and Saturday. I post a few photos from our weekend (Apologies
to those who might have seen some of them on the Facebook page). Thanks again. IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0499.JPG IMG_0500.JPG IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0494.JPG

Thanks for a great weekend at Stratford, well organised, great site, great company, new friends and an abundance of new knowledge on the California - despite having owned one for over 3 years. Special thanks to Loz (Lawrence) for all your help and technical advice - I'll keep you posted. Looking forward to the next . meet. (More photos will follow as I'm getting error messages in trying to upload).

campfire.jpgIMG_5759.jpgIMG_5777.jpgIMG_5778.jpgP9010396.jpgP9020406.jpg

Last edited: