Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scotland/North Afternoon Meet - March 16th 2014

Great, thanks Martin. Would you be able to add the location of the meet at the top of the thread also please ?

Cheers.

Hi Ewan,

hadnt clocked this was getting organised... Hope to make it, our Cali is in for MOT at end of this week and the warranty over view. 16th March is her 3rd birthday, so should be a positive omen!
martin

Hi Martin,

Glad you can make it along and hope you get all the warranty issues ironed out. I've booked the restaurant provisionally and we can firm up numbers later on.

cheers
Ewan

I would relish the chance to go to a members meeting unfortunately I have waited 14 years to see Aberdeen in a cup final so I will have to restrict myself to just giving you a wave on the way past.

Ha ha ! 14 years is a long time to wait so I hope the Dons win !

It would be great to see you at a future meet whenever that may be.

Now we're into March can we firm up on numbers for the Meikleour Arms please ? Can you please let me know how many are planning on eating ? I think I booked it for 12/12.30, provisionally for nine. More info here: http://www.meikleourarms.co.uk/.

Currently we have:

Me
Mountainman
eanni
Normg (Norm & Jean)
Looby
greenfintry
JockMacMad ?

Scone Palace looks the best of the nearby campsites if anyone's planning on staying over - it reopened yesterday. Let me know if you're staying and we could meet on the Saturday evening too. http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... cone/scone

cheers
Ewan

Hi Ewan,

I will be + 1 for lunch. Driving up on the day

Cheers martin

Looks like Jean and I will have to miss this one. Family visiting in Gloucestershire. :headbang

Hi Ewan, there will be two of us, (Looby and Scapa) joining you for lunch. Still Cali-less though.

Congrats on seeing the northern lights on Thurs, another challenge ticked off your list :goodone

Thanks for the quick replies. Sorry you can't make it, Norm, but hopefully next time.

I'll try to post up a "northern lights plus van" shot on a different thread soon, Looby.

Weather permitting I'll be there - one for lunch. Snowing in Inverness half an hour ago :?

Great, I look forward to seeing you again on Sunday Ann.

Any more takers for Sunday folks ?

Awaiting delivery of our Cali but will try to make it up for lunch on Sunday one way or another.

Ken and Gill

Ken and Gill - great, good to hear you can make it.

So at the moment I think we have 8 of us:-

Ken & Gill
eanni (Ann)
greenfintry (Martin) +1
Looby & Scapa (I'm dying to know the story behind these names !)
Me

I've booked a table in the restaurant/dining room for 12.30 and there's plenty parking at the front or across the road from the pub. (Can we get them parked in a line for a group van photo ?) I'll aim to get there in good time - 11.30/12ish.

Please let me know if anyone else would like to come.

Ewan

As we (Looby and scapa) are also awaiting delivery of our Cali looks like it will be a short line up for group photo :D could always try and mock up a quick cardboard version painted in best gloss blackberry colour. Hope you are prepared for the long list of questions my wife has for you (known as the "ask Ewan list") in prep for us getting our first campervan.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

David and Linda

Ewan

Sorry I'm going to have to pull out of the meet on Sunday. I've had a cold for a couple of days that has now gone into sinusitis and don't think I'll feel up to driving for four hours + on Sunday :cry:

Hope you all have a fab day and will look forward to seeing the photos:)

Will keep an eye out for more meets though

Cheers

Ann

That's a shame, Ann. I hope you recover soon - sinusitis is no fun ...

It'll be a very short line-up with just two vans ! I'm hoping you can help answer some of Looby & Scapa's questions too, Martin.

See you all on Sunday.

Just have to use smoke and mirrors or rely on some thick fog I guess.

We will be up and happy to try and answer questions... though bit of a newbie still.... :D

Hi Folks,

I wish I could make it but have family birthday party in Ayr. I will certainly try and attend future Scottish meets and very much appreciate the effort put in to organising this one.

5unu7uda.jpg

Here's the line-up today at the Meikleour Arms (with two more Cali's on order).

Thanks for your company everyone - a nice meal and good conversation. Great to meet up with you all. Hopefully we can organise another get together - with an overnight - later in the year.

Great to meet up. Thanks for organising Ewan.... Have just ordered set of bungee bellows and the Britstop guidebook.... Invaluable!

Just need to save up for the detachable towbar, air sus...... wifi....

cheers Martin!

Enjoyed meeting up, good company and thanks to both Ewan and Martin for sharing info on your experience of using the Cali, your adventures and practical advice on accesories to have.

Thanks for organising Ewan much appreciated, look forward to us all meeting up for a weekend some time later in the year perhaps.

Thanks Ewan. It was good to meet up with everyone and lunch was excellent. Hopefully we will see you all on the road soon.

Back