Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scotland/North Afternoon Meet - March 16th 2014

Re: Scotland Afternoon Meet - March 16th 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm keen to know who'd be interested in getting together next March in Scotland - it's about time we had another Scottish Cali meet.

I have a few ideas of potential venues but will firm this up on the basis of a location that suits most people. I was thinking of a good country pub or eating place within the Edinburgh - Perth - Stirling triangle, knowing that there are several members around Edinburgh, Dundee, Stirlingshire and Glasgow. However we can have a re- think if the Aberdeen, Inverness or Northern English contingent suggest otherwise !
Venue suggestions welcome

Yep I'd be up for that. Live near Aberdeen.

Great. We can see who else is interested then select somewhere central to suit the majority. I'm near Stirling so can head in any direction.

Haven't been very active on here recently, but would be willing to travel to this - weather dependent! :thanks

Hi Ewan - yes we'd be interested. We live in Kendal, Cumbria, so I guess a meetup in Southern Scotland would be our preference - around Edinburgh would be fine?

Thanks for taking the trouble to suggest this

Cheers

Ian (and Clare)

Hi there
Yep. Would be nice to meet with fellow Cali owners. Anywhere in the middle triangle would be fine for us Moray folk. :thumb

Cheers.
Norm (and Jean)

Hi Ewan,
Is the meet open to 'would really like to be Cali owners' as the only reason we're not proud owners of a very nice one currently for sale is that, despite ours and dealer's best efforts, no one wants to take a caravan at this time of year :sad . That said, with another two storms yet to hit us this week, it's no wonder.
We'd love to meet everyone and hope that it won't be too long till we get one of our own.

No worries if it's just for owners, I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future.

Hi everyone,

Great news that we have a growing gaggle of Cali's now. (What is the term for a group of camper vans ??).

All welcome - prospective owners (Looby/others), Beaches and T4/T5 Cali's. I'll look into possible venues now.

Hi everyone,

After some deliberation, and considering where we're all coming from, my suggestion is to meet at the Meikleour Arms, just north of Perth http://www.meikleourarms.co.uk/. It gets good reviews for food/atmosphere and should be a great place for a relaxed Sunday lunch.

Thinking that at least some people might want to make a weekend of it, I suggest those who want to could stay at Scone Palace C&CC site http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co ... cone/scone. The campsite opens 1st March and is just a stone's throw from Scone Palace. The Palace grounds and cafe are free to access at weekends up to April but the Palace itself is closed in March. From personal experience, while the grounds are well worth visiting (maze, adventure playground etc) the cafe is disappointing, which is why I'm suggesting the Meikleour Arms instead.

I'm planning to stay over if anyone else fancies meeting up on the Saturday night for a meal/drink.

Hope this sounds a good plan ...

Hi Ewan, that location sounds great for us and if we do have a camper by then we'd be up for making a weekend of it, we've never been at that site before so would be a change.

Update:
Won't have Cali by then, but if by some miracle there's glorious weather forecast, we could always take our tiny tent :D

Oh heck - now I see that a meet more local to us in Skipton has been planned for the same day. Hmmm ... we'll need to make a choice.

Ewan - I'll let you know asap

Ian

Tsk ... Cali meetings are a bit like buses ... none for ages then five turn up ..!

We'd be delighted to have you along if you fancy a trip north.

Good to see someone is arranging the Scotland meet.

I managed to arrange the first, did not get to attend and dropped off the face of the earth for 12 months :eek:

Once you have a location fixed let me know. I will be sure to try to make it this time, mid country would be okay for me but then I could always arrange to be heading North or that South that weekend if it's in the borders.

Good to hear from you again jock :thumb I can still taste that great soup you made last year

Hi Jock,

Yes, the venue is the Meikleour Arms just to the north of Perth with an overnight stay the previous evening for those who want at Scone Camping & Caravan Site (see details above). I'll ask Martin to update the info here on the Forum.

cheers
Ewan

Hi Ewan - just to let you know we've decided to go to the Skipton event as it's local to us. Shame they clash as we would've loved to come to the Scottish meet too! Hope it goes well.

Ian (and Clare)

Hi Ian,

I suspected you'd be heading to your nearest meet - no worries.

So far we have:

Me
Mountainman
eanni
Normg (Norm & Jean)
Looby
JockMacMad ?

There must be a few other Calis at this end of the country - any other takers ?

We can firm up numbers in due course.

Ewan

Hi Ewan, when clicking on the 'Forum' heading and selecting any subject eg Insurance, the page which opens starts with 'announcements' heading and lists 4 of the other March meets and Cali's on the Farm, but not the Scottish meet. Maybe if it could be added there too, it would be more visible?

Martin, as Looby suggests, could you add this meet alongside the other meets together with the venue please ?

Sorry about that, All done now Ewan, im not sure why it was not up there with the others.

Back