Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Runners

Shane&Michelle

Shane&Michelle

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi, We have a 2015 Cali with twin seat runners. Is it possible to get the seat to travel the full length of the runners? With the bed shelf removed can it move back to the rear doors and then all the way forward to the front seats?

Regards

Shane

Yes you have to remove end stops first, both back & front. Search forum for more info.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes there is a stop in one of the rails that can be removed. Run a (flat blade from memory) screwdriver along the rail until you find the stop. Loosen the bolt and the stop can then be slid to one of the rail openings and removed.
Think the openings in the aluminium cover strip have changed between 2012 (mine) and the 2015 versions.
(beaten to it by Andy)

Beware ! I recall that someone couldn't get the stops back in afterwards!

That was me skylark, I unscrewed the screw, with a flat head screwdriver, and slid them out
When I tried to put them back, they kept upending
I tried all sorts including gripping with surgical instruments, but the rear ones would not stay up.
Infact it is not a problem,
I know where the seat needs to go, forwards and back
And being able to slide futher forwards and backwards gives the van much more usability beyond a camper

I could design a little grommet, that I could fit via the front gap,,,,,where you pull the plastic off to remove the seat altogether...it would have a hole in the middle for the screw, and hold the stop upright
But infact there is no need as we are functioning perfectly without it

Hi Guys,
An interesting thread, am I right in thinking that if I just slightly loosen the rear/front stop its position can then be adjusted without any horror stories?

Hi Guys,
An interesting thread, am I right in thinking that if I just slightly loosen the rear/front stop its position can then be adjusted without any horror stories?
Should be no problem at all , also taking them out permantly is no problem ....it's not a "must have" imo.

Yes no problem, our stops are permanently out. You might want to make a permanent mark on the rail to show where the seat needs to be to make the bed up.