Show Us Your Awning Setup

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We now have a simple sun/privacy screen that also stops all but the most persistent rain, (also acts as additional tie-down for the wind out) and if Chris brings all his paddle clobber we throw up a 2 man pop-up or even a Loo tent to use as additional storage.
View attachment 34885 View attachment 34884
I like that one @Loz. I was looking to pick up a brandrup one on eBay.

What make is yours ?

Mike

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Quechua base seconds isn’t bad.
Although we have been slimming down again this year and getting rid of this too.
But we take it just in case.
3mins to erect, 3 mins to take down

0C7CEA6C-5CB8-4466-AF1A-F8B8A0A468A2.jpeg

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Outwell Darlington. Putting it up / taking it down is about 15 mins now. Not huge, which is what I wanted, but big enough for the two of us.

IMG_2551.jpg

Verity

Verity

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have a very small Sunncamp one, which we hardly ever use tbh, but we bought it in anticipation of longer holidays in the south of France for storing stuff and sitting in in the unlikely event of adverse weather. Our son, who didn't fancy sleeping in the van with us, slept in it last summer on a visit to North Berwick.20170805_143359.jpg

M

Matty

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
@Speleo62 how do you find the sheltapod? Liked the look of this, it’s doesn’t look too big and the new version comes with extra sides as well. Does it attach with the awning in place?

Blackberry

Blackberry

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
This is my short stay setup. £130 from Go Outdoors.

6E304FA5-0561-4840-92CF-B17C207B87A8.jpeg

EmmaRJ

EmmaRJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
This is what bought after much deliberation. We didn’t want a tent awning as we felt it would take too long and a faff to put up and take down, but we did want extra room occasionally. The bonus of the event shelter is that your mates can pull up alongside one of the openings making it a really nice communal area. We also have blank walls and a door if we use on our own. It only takes 10 mins to put up, easy peasy! Having used it for three years we should have bought the waterproof one, although this hasn’t let us down in the rain, but does only get used in the summer.

58960D97-D0A1-4B7F-828A-80D6E0A2FFB5.jpeg

Spitfire

Spitfire

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We now have a simple sun/privacy screen that also stops all but the most persistent rain, (also acts as additional tie-down for the wind out) and if Chris brings all his paddle clobber we throw up a 2 man pop-up or even a Loo tent to use as additional storage.
View attachment 34885 View attachment 34884
We have this set-up as well - the Thule screen is brilliant and it creates a great living space with some privacy. We also have an easily-portable Quest ‘instant’ (and it really is) 1.5 x 1.5 utility tent, mainly for the dog’s many possessions!

Alfiesbuddy

Alfiesbuddy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
03E957E3-D9F0-49F6-ADAE-60EE0E857D1B.jpeg 7A1F7EED-6CBD-4961-BB02-41BD0C2EC8A5.jpeg We have a huge vango galli 2 for ‘big trips’ and a smaller and super light ‘kitchen/stowage’ awning for shorter trips and good weather

The trip I’m on right now I’m in Devon with the Cali awning wound out and little simple awning!

We’re starting to question though, if the big awning was indeed as necessary as we originally though! But we concluded, yes because spring and autumn nights get chilly or wet and it’s our comfy cave.

Emma Hughes

Emma Hughes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Another sheltapod fan here. We have the same issue of enormous car seats. But wanted something that won't take up too much space as van already full ok kiddy clobber. This attaches to wind out awning wound out a little (as in our pic) or a lot.

20180602_190023.jpg

G

Grittzio

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have 2 awnings, safari tent sides for short trips and longer trips Vango Gali low air, we too are taking less and less away but with two kids the vans rocking at night, and it isn’t us I might add, it’s them too kicking each other, now one now goes in the Vango awning, it is great having the space. However we do envisage going without any awning when kids don’t come with us anymore.

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
image.jpeg
I thought this sort of practice was reserved for Marco Polo owners

Zebra

Zebra

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
+1 for the Sheltapod, again for car seats and clobber. After reading a few threads on here and speaking to a few folk, the Sheltapod seemed a good balance of cost and low hassle. And yes it attaches to the wind out awning with a fig 8 and strip.

E8792ED2-8A0F-4C9A-8AB1-7B12D44E389E.jpeg

Our Partners