Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink outlet problem GC600

• Thread starter ShevaunOntheroadagain
  • Start date
S

ShevaunOntheroadagain

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi. Just looking for help. We have Grand California 600 … having a problem with the sink outlet which is leaking … on investigation looks like the screw holding the outlet has sheared … can’t understand why because we haven’t interfered with it and have used the van so little … only 18 months old …. All advice welcome …. Thank you

Hi. Just looking for help. We have Grand California 600 … having a problem with the sink outlet which is leaking … on investigation looks like the screw holding the outlet has sheared … can’t understand why because we haven’t interfered with it and have used the van so little … only 18 months old …. All advice welcome …. Thank you
Has it frozen in the cold weather

Hello,

I was reading your post and must admit I am not 100% sure where the leak is coming from.

If it is the screw holding the outlet, I assume you took out the upper drawer (which I was never able to do).

If it is only the screw that is "wonky" the question is if the thread is damaged also. If this is the case it might be better to replace the outlet of the sink alltogether.

That would raise the next question from where to get the spare parts? But the sink / cooker unit is standard and it should be possible to get the parts in UK or Germany.

Sometimes Volkswagen can be suberising and the cost of parts are not that high. Did you already speak to your VW dealer (who is it / in what area?).

Regards,
Eberhard

Back