Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slidepod Ultra

blondebier

blondebier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Slidepods were doing a promotion at the camperex show and we took them up on the offer and have ordered a Slidepod Ultra for our T6 Beach.

I thought I'd post some updates on the process in case other people do the same.

So after paying a deposit, we were sent a box of samples.

So many to choose from :

full

Some of the sparkly ones haven't really come out in the photos. Picture sparkly worktops and you'll get the idea.

We had a "family meeting" and quickly narrowed them down to :

full

The gloss black really showed up finger marks. (I quite liked it, but if you've got children you'll understand why this was quickly put back in box)

It now got very difficult and the last 4 were :

full

Our van is going to be white so any of them would be fine.

Any thoughts on what should be in the final?

Just to say, we've found this decision as difficult as choosing whether to have a rear hatch mounted bike rack or go for a tow bar mounted carrier.

On their website the white pod on the white cali looks the part. Think it gives it a look like it comes as part of the van rather than an add on. The black on the black van does the same (my views)

On their website the white pod on the white cali looks the part. Think it gives it a look like it comes as part of the van rather than an add on. The black on the black van does the same (my views)
just to throw a spanner in the works..... we can do a white door and white trim. We just don't have any samples at the moment :thumb

Jane here. Jonny has just brought your choices to my attention. I am absolutely dying for someone to be brave enough to do a purple Slidepod with white trim and door and a white shower point. It would be so beautiful.

Just imagine it with a couple of purple scatter cushions, a purple rug, purple bedding and a couple of purple graphics on the van........

You would be the envy of every campsite you stay on :happy

Jane here. Jonny has just brought your choices to my attention. I am absolutely dying for someone to be brave enough to do a purple Slidepod with white trim and door and a white shower point. It would be so beautiful.

Just imagine it with a couple of purple scatter cushions, a purple rug, purple bedding and a couple of purple graphics on the van........

You would be the envy of every campsite you stay on :happy
Wowsers. I was with you until you mentioned scatter cushions and rugs...

I'm struggling to get that picture right in my head. I'm not sure there is a "smilie" that quite shows what I'm feeling right now.

What seat trim do you have? If its the Tacato then the blue looks like it would co-ordinate nicely with the blue stripe in the seat trim.
Can see that purple & white combination would look smart with a white van as well :thumb.

I always think a blue goes well with white - would look the business in white with that blue trim!

It's really difficult and we can't decide. Our daughter has come up with a genius idea of having more than 1.

She's a real peacemaker and thought some of it blue(for the boys) and some of it white(for the girls)? e.g. Front face blue, sides white.

full

I need to talk nicely to Slidepods and see what can be done. ;)

Definitely not Polo Harlequin.

I've spoken to Jonny and Jane and they said yes!

We've got a blue and white Slidepod on order and it's going to be built in March. :thumb

What's the plan then??
We could do blue front and inside the cupboard with white sides, top and case.....

Like it, you can always get a purple utility pod to go with it!

What did you decide on the bike rack ..... tailgate may be a better option with the pod?

We've gone for the new T6 rack. ;)

Controversial. But after seeing #CaliforniaChris Ocean video, and greenp's pics - that was good enough for me.

See 5:38 on...

Wow! Maybe things in VW Commercial dealers are changing for the better. What a great video.

Chris lent us the beach we had on display at camperex. He is a really nice guy. If your in the north west I would definately go and see him at the van center in Liverpool if you are looking at buying a cali new.

It is said that good things come to those that wait. I owe Francis a big apology for keeping him waiting for his slidepod but hopefully it will be worth it. Here are the first pics of it just before we loaded it for delivery earlier today.
It is a 2 tone pod in gloss white and blue with a matching blue cutlary holder. Deffinately one of the prettiest i have built.
20160422_104207.jpg 20160422_103040.jpg 20160422_103102.jpg

Cant wait to see it in the van.

Nearly forgot to add the pics of the awesome colour matched cutlary holder....20160422_103118.jpg 20160422_103115.jpg

Thanks Jonny. It looks fantastic.

Roll on tomorrow. I can't wait. :)

It certainly was worth the wait...

full

full

Thanks to Mike for delivering and setting it up with me today. It really is a cracking bit of kit.

We've now got the best of both worlds. A California with 7 seats and a kitchen set up that we can have in the van or set up in the awning. :happy

Back