Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So the journey begins..

Thought the tail lights were led already?

Replaced the reversing lamps and front fogs for LED this morning.
Reversing lamps. http://amzn.eu/af5QSCU
View attachment 18187 View attachment 18188 View attachment 18189 View attachment 18190

I bought the bulbs for the reversing lights; thought they'd make a nice flood lit area when reversing in the dark. Not fitted yet.

My dealer asked the question as to why the front fogs had not been LED'd. VW replied is 'halogen is better than white LEDs in the fog' or something to that effect.
Not sure if there is any research to back this up, any way hardly use the front fogs so giving that one a miss.

thanks

...message ends...

I bought the bulbs for the reversing lights; thought they'd make a nice flood lit area when reversing in the dark. Not fitted yet.

My dealer asked the question as to why the front fogs had not been LED'd. VW replied is 'halogen is better than white LEDs in the fog' or something to that effect.
Not sure if there is any research to back this up, any way hardly use the front fogs so giving that one a miss.

thanks

...message ends...

The fog lights are totally overwhelmed by the LED dipped beams, they seem almost orange and pathetic.

The fog lights are totally overwhelmed by the LED dipped beams, they seem almost orange and pathetic.
But do they pierce the fog better or not? I find that LED lights reflect really badly in fog and consequently always drive in fog with only fog lights on. Much better.

But do they pierce the fog better or not? I find that LED lights reflect really badly in fog and consequently always drive in fog with only fog lights on. Much better.
You can't have the fog lights on without the headlights as the mechanical operation of the switch prevents it.

You can't have the fog lights on without the headlights as the mechanical operation of the switch prevents it.
Oh, OK! My old (2012) Sirocco and my current Yeti (2014) allow fogs without heads.

Might be worth a check. Move light switch to parking lights, then pull the switch towards you one "click" and the front fogs come on and a second "click" towards you to bring the rear fogs on.

thanks

...message ends...

Just changed the reversing lights in the dark while at a campsite! Here is the result at half way done, to give viewers an idea. With both LEDs in place checked with fogs, indicators and brake lights and LEDs do not overpower/block other lights.

TEEL5663.JPG

Yes it's foggy tonight.

...message ends...

Latest addition is a new waste bin from Ikea, but to stop it falling over I purchased a block of camera case foam and made a cutout for the bin.
I have also left extra foam forward of the bin to make holes to put other items in the future.
IMG_3320.jpg IMG_3322.jpg IMG_3323.jpg IMG_3324.jpg

Oh, OK! My old (2012) Sirocco and my current Yeti (2014) allow fogs without heads.

Might be worth a check. Move light switch to parking lights, then pull the switch towards you one "click" and the front fogs come on and a second "click" towards you to bring the rear fogs on.
Front fog lights on my 2016 Ocean can be on with side lights only? Often drive with lights like that on 'driech' days up here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Loz, they look very good are theyfabric. I assume they are black on the inside (of the Cali) too, and that there is an insulating layer in between the layers. Do you know yet if it avoids condensation over night when camping (in the majority of situations;))?
yes, waterproof fabric with silver on the inside and insulated to stop the condensation.

They are very well made and very easy to fit as they hook over the doors.

yes, waterproof fabric with silver on the inside and insulated to stop the condensation.

Thanks. Hmmm another item on the list!

Yep they are great. No need for blinds to be closed or front window blinds and a doddle to put on.

Mike

All looks lovely Loz !
Can't see anywhere in the thread about where you got the shelves from , they look great.
Mrs B