Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Socket and hookup not working. 2014 Beach.

• Thread starter BlueyCalifornia64
  • Start date
B

BlueyCalifornia64

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello California owners! New to this, so hope it's OK to pose a technical question. We've just bought a 2014 Beach, and love it. Leisure battery seems fine and all the 12v sockets work. However, just plugged a hookup cable in for the first time, and seems to have no effect on the battery charge. Also plugged a hairdryer into the 'mains' socket, and that's dead. All fuses under the passenger seat look OK, so I'm assuming it's an inverter issue, if only I knew where that was. Any and all thoughts and observations gratefully received.

Hello California owners! New to this, so hope it's OK to pose a technical question. We've just bought a 2014 Beach, and love it. Leisure battery seems fine and all the 12v sockets work. However, just plugged a hookup cable in for the first time, and seems to have no effect on the battery charge. Also plugged a hairdryer into the 'mains' socket, and that's dead. All fuses under the passenger seat look OK, so I'm assuming it's an inverter issue, if only I knew where that was. Any and all thoughts and observations gratefully received.
There is also an isolator for the 240v (like your house); Think it’s located in the cubby hole for the Jack - behind rear passenger side wheel arch. Just check it’s turned on.

There is no inverter on the Beach.
There is a Mains 12v Charger . If you are not charging the battery and the mains socket is dead then :
1. Faulty mains hookup lead or supply to lead.
2. Isolator switch is Off or failed.

There are no Mains 230v fuses in the mains supply.

Thanks very much for the info both. I had a hunt around in the jack cubby as you suggested, and the very well hidden RCD was off. All working perfectly now when the mains hookup is plugged in: though I may try to get an inverter fitted at some stage.

Thanks very much for the info both. I had a hunt around in the jack cubby as you suggested, and the very well hidden RCD was off. All working perfectly now when the mains hookup is plugged in: though I may try to get an inverter fitted at some stage.
With only 1 leisure battery you should choose any inverter with care.