Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panels.

Brownbetty

Brownbetty

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've been looking into getting a solar panel put on the roof. The one I'm thinking abt is the Cali sku kit from solar panel solutions, the full kit comes to £466.
1As anyone got this kit installed.
2 is it relatively easy to install.
3Are you happy with the result.
Cheers in advanced for any reply

Yes - quite a few members have. There is a specific section for "Solar Panels" here:

It is very easy to install. Personally - I'm very happy with the overall result.

Only downside was that my panel developed a bit of a sag. I tried to prevent damage to my roof by using automotive film underneath it. It seems ok so far.

I've been looking into getting a solar panel put on the roof. The one I'm thinking abt is the Cali sku kit from solar panel solutions, the full kit comes to £466.
1As anyone got this kit installed.
2 is it relatively easy to install.
3Are you happy with the result.
Cheers in advanced for any reply

The SE/Ocean is actually the easiest install. You can do it in under an hour. It helps the battery is at the back, and the Cali is very easy to work on as there is littel to no trim in the rear cupboards.

R

I fitted one of Roger’s single panel kits last summer. Straightforward and very effective. Enough to run the fridge full time and it also tops up the vehicle battery

Agree, i fitted the dual charger kit last year, very easy to install with great instructions to follow. Van was just stood on the drive in -6 to -16 degrees for a month and started first time, all batteries still fully charged... very pleased, great investment!

Do the instructions show locations of the control units etc?

Aha! I'll email you a copy now so you can have a pre-read! :)

Just fitted the 200w Solarcampersolutions kit to my T6 and would just like to say how easy it was. The hardest thing is routing the cables, but that is more fiddly than difficult. I would also like to add that Roger from Solar Camper Solutions has provided at top class service and been more than helpful. So thanks again for your assistance if your viewing this post. So if you have some DIY experience don’t be fearful, it is likely you can fit them without too much trouble.

Second that, I fitted my single panel from Roger at solarcampersolutions last week and am now busy boring my friends with data screen logs from the Victron app. Roger was a gent to work with, prompt response and clear instructions. Would definitely recommend if your van is parked away from the house and not easy to hook up on a regular basis.

Hi Roger.
what do you recommend we clean a panel with? Thanks in advance.
This is my experience - My research indicates just Soap & Water then rinse off. I now use a Non-Wax Car Shampoo.

This is my experience - My research indicates just Soap & Water then rinse off. I now use a Non-Wax Car Shampoo.

Good old fashioned Fairy Liquid. Good for mums hands too...

So what’s best...?

Automotive window cleaner should be fine

Autoglym fast glass can be used on perspex / plastic/ glass etc, no residue left behind

So what’s best...?
One possible option

solar power option, might have bridge clearance and carparking problems

;)

1615035269261.png