Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stats

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
So we drove about half way across France today before turning left. From the tunnel and six hours of travel we counted just 2 big whites but 21 Calis. :cheers

So we drove about half way across France today before turning left. From the tunnel and six hours of travel we counted just 2 big whites but 21 Calis. :cheers
It’s clearly a brave new California world out there!

Stayed at a Caravan & Motor home site at St Davids in Wales at the weekend, I would guess 20% caravans 60% motorhomes 20% cali / vw conversions

When we first had our motorhome 12 years ago it would be unusual for there to be more than 2 or 3 motorhomes on a site.

I also think that T5 / T6 vans accounted for 50% of the vehicles in the car parks at beaches.

Yes when we were on the continent last month it was much the same. Far fewer MHs than vans. I'd assumed there was an age profile thing at play, in the current circumstances.

Yes when we were on the continent last month it was much the same. Far fewer MHs than vans. I'd assumed there was an age profile thing at play, in the current circumstances.
Possibly age as people who would normally go over with a MH or caravan and set up on a site in Europe for the whole season just haven't bothered this year which tend to be those who are retired. I had hoped to do 6 months over there in our Cali this year which partly due to Covid wasn't going to happen which was one of several driving factors in selling it.

Well that’s the conclusion we came to. That said, we stopped for a splash and dash/baguette and a Belgian Ocean pulled up. The couple that got out were at least 125!