Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage options in the Beach

California-camping.de have bags that can fit onto both sides of a 2seat beach - which we’ve bought and they work very well.

If ordered as a pair for a beach, you get 4 detachable bags on each side (rather than 4 half sized on bench side and 2 full length on other side)

We’ve just come back from a 2 1/2 week trip and found those windows being blocked a non-issue for us as the time we spent in the van was driving and sleeping

https://www.california-camping.de/v...-zweierbank.html?___store=en&___from_store=en

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's interesting. I was unaware of this product. Perhaps I should have made it clearer that my comments referred only to the Van Essa window bags.[/QUOTE]
They look great!!!!!!! Thank you for that!

True, true @WelshGas - Here are my excuses..... I park in a 2.1m height restricted underground carpark.... Which has ruled the tailgate cycle-carrier out, as with bikes loaded, over 2.1m. As a workaround, I have a towbar fitted, so use the Thule EasyFold, which doesn't slide forward enough to allow the tailgate to open..... Bummer.... I live in a small apartment, so storing anything other than the compact Thule Easyfold, isn't an option either. Our Beach is also our daily driver, we would us the window-storage, to give access to clothes, wash-bags etc etc whilst touring with bike rack installed......Whilst my predicaments are quite unusual, i'm glad there's always a solution when it come to the California. Long may those solutions continue..... Albeit, some compromise is always required when other restrictions are in-place.

We would use these window-bags, only as a solution, for long tours, when the tow-bar bike rack is also fitted.

Our towbar chap fitted a spacer and dropped throw bar about two inches tailgate opens a treat

Back