Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Straw pole - how long do you get between services?

smgcowfold said:
No worries. Always here for the servicing and repairs if you get stuck for the California and work vans.

cheers

Morning Alex

Question about long life servicing...

1. 20,000 miles or two years which ever comes first.

Is it then another 20,000 miles or two years??

Service book says every year after the first service which means it's not long life after the first service??

You also have mentioned break fluid change when is that due?? If it's 3 years how would it get done on long life servicing.....

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Brake fluid due first when vehicle is 3 years old, so best to get done with MOT unless servicing a few months before 3rd birthday.

After your first service has been carried out, if you do same type of driving then you should see a similar distance and time until the next service according to the dash display. The service is variable so the maximum the vehicle will do between services is 25,000 miles or two years (whichever comes first). If you do a lot of town driving then you may come in a lot quicker than 25,000 miles as it depends on type of driving, driving style etc...

cheers

smgcowfold said:
Hi Shaun,

Brake fluid due first when vehicle is 3 years old, so best to get done with MOT unless servicing a few months before 3rd birthday.

After your first service has been carried out, if you do same type of driving then you should see a similar distance and time until the next service according to the dash display. The service is variable so the maximum the vehicle will do between services is 25,000 miles or two years (whichever comes first). If you do a lot of town driving then you may come in a lot quicker than 25,000 miles as it depends on type of driving, driving style etc...

cheers

Hi Alex

Thanks again for the reply...

Looks like i will just service when needed then...

Don't want buy service plan then only need 1 service in 3 years... If i do need another service then fine...

May well give you a buzz for prices when the time arrives... :thanks

Cheers

Shaun

Done 24,500 miles and it says service needed in 800 miles.

Have had to put 2 litres of oil in though, one at 13,000 miles and the second at 20,000.

JockMacMad said:
Done 24,500 miles and it says service needed in 800 miles.

Have had to put 2 litres of oil in though, one at 13,000 miles and the second at 20,000.

Evening Jock

In how long??

Cheers

Shaun

I am on 20,500 miles, after 22 months. Was just wondering when the first service would happen. Looks like I may hit the 2 year stop.

I do now regret paying for the VW service plan, as I don't think I will get value for money from it.

Back