Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stuck with no spare

My family and I became a Lego land statistic 2 weeks ago! Not much interest form them unfortunately despite several emails and phone calls. So the dilemma now is to just go with compressor and tyre weld (or similar), or by a replacement spare and safe lock??!! Decisions, decisions!!

My family and I became a Lego land statistic 2 weeks ago! Not much interest form them unfortunately despite several emails and phone calls. So the dilemma now is to just go with compressor and tyre weld (or similar), or by a replacement spare and safe lock??!! Decisions, decisions!!
Compressor and weld gunge is only really suitable for slow to medium rate leak puncture repairs and makes the tyre scrap in the eyes of tyre repair services.
Major punctures need a tyre replacement on the spot ie a wheel change.

just to help with decision making process hopefully.

As said above the sealant is only any good for a slow puncture, my brother in law had a blow out on the motorway in the summer whilst going to a wedding, they ended up having to be towed as no spare wheel. Anyone who has not got a spare wheel is taking a massive risk and could ruin your holiday

Interestingly, I gather there is no legal requirement to carry a spare wheel or for it to be serviceable.

However, if you do carry one, it is a legal requirement that it complies with the UK tyre law when fitted ie legal tread depth and correct pressure.

"Spare Tyre. Legally, you do not have to carry a spare tyre but if you do it does not have to adhere to the standard law if you are only carrying it onboard. ... However, if you need to fit your spare tyre to your car it must then comply with the tyre law, along with the other tyres already fitted to your car."
www.merityre.co.uk/uk-car-tyre-law

The law is so odd sometimes!

Alan

This appears to have been going on there for years. LL should have got on top of this issue by now. I would have thought that LL would have a vested interest in stopping this nonsense but still it continues. It must be giving them alot of grief from the many customers that are affected. Are LL employees responsible? It has all the hall marks of a well organised local scam.

Our daughter had her Disco alloy spare wheel and spare wheel winch taken whilst there recently. £1000 plus gone in a flash.

Are LL employees responsible? It has all the hall marks of a well organised local scam.
They were my first thoughts too Borris, it wouldn´t take
much to set up a sting operation and catch the ba$(**ds :punch:punch

Avoid the place like the plague, they must have thousands of hours of video from their CCTV, duty of care cannot be avoided by a posted notice denying responsibility
The local thieves near us favour smashing the back window of any poor soul who appears to leave anything of value in their boot. This has been going on for years with hardly any prosecution of the druggies responsible, all known and living in Totton and Salisbury.

I wonder where all these spare wheels end up? On Ebay, down the pub, car boot, in a container at the docks bound for foriegn lands?

No CCTV in the over spill car parks apparently?!
Whats the best options for purchasing a new spare, obviously VW Van Centre would be the last port of call, as I see little point in replacing with a flashy new wheel and top of the range tyre!!! Where have other's bought from, ebay, this forum ??

Cheers.

You would have thought that with so many being stolen, a simple police sting would scoop up the scum..

If I lived closer, I'd stake out the car park and film them...

I just read their trip advisor reviews and there are also loads of reports on there too, surely with them charging for parking.on top of admission they should have some kind of security

Yes you might actually end up buying back the wheel that was nicked from you in the first place. Problem solved! :Depressed
That reminds me of a jape played on a old work mate, Fred.
He came into the office one morning cursing that he'd lost a hub cap off his Morris (it was a long time ago), another work mate piped up that he had a spare in his garage and would let him have for couple of £ and brought it in the next day. Fred was chuffed and went out to fit his new hub cap only to find another one missing. When the same work mate offered Fred another "spare", the penny dropped!

We went to legoland last year and i removed the spare and put it inside the boot.

Ridiculous that it's been going on for years. Be interesting to know if Legoland have ever caught anybody.

Well put it this way, despite the very many complaints from customers that Lego Land must have received over the years they still have the bare faced cheek to charge you handsomely for for using their thieves paradise of a car park. Either they don't care or are implicated. IF it is a scam by employees LL management are still responsible. Either way they should take ownership of this issue and work with the police to indentify those responsible.

As there is only one way in and out of LL it should be a relatively easy task to fit a small tracker to a spare wheel (inside the tyre) on a decoy vehicle or vehicles and wait until these scum try to leave the site. One or two high profile procecutions should at least cut this issue down.

The trouble is that the Police probably don't want to know and as long as LL are filling armoured security vans with cash they probably couldn't care less. They may even have a good idea who is doing it but don't see it as their problem. If they did then the problem would have been at least reduced by now.

Last edited:
Back