Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swimming trunks

Do they do them handed...er dressed, as in 'do you dress to the left or right sir' the tailor asked?

Alan

Do they do them handed...er dressed, as in 'do you dress to the left or right sir' the tailor asked?
No. Just turn them inside out to dress to the other side, a selling point which appears to be missing from the website flogging them.

No. Just turn them inside out to dress to the other side, a selling point which appears to be missing from the website flogging them.
Oh, you get two days out of them then? Or four days if you turn them back to front. ;)

Tight trunks are allowed, baggy stuff is not. Hygiene is the stated reason and it’s been like that in France for a long time.

My other half is french and she has no idea why it’s like that (aside from the stated hygiene reason) but it is.

Suggest you setup private browsing on your browser, Google ‘men in tight swim trunks’ and get your credit card ready to make a purchase!

:)

In my experience French swimming pools, municipal as well, are keen on Speedo type trunks or at most short tight shorts type An old health rule I think it has been the same since I was a kid. The more recreational pools at sites with slides and beaches etc can be more relaxed. The picture of speedo shorts style above wasn’t sufficiently short the last time I was in a French campsite.
I have a pair bought from the camp shop in the Vendee that I keep in the holiday kit just in case.
Enjoy!

Cheers
Ken

Like Moakesy my other half is French and I'm afraid you will need trunks or risk not being allowed in. Not worth the risk. Goodness knows what will happen after March 31st though!

I think I read somewhere that French swimming trunks rule is decades old and was put in place to stop workmen jumping into the pool after a hard day’s graft simply wearing the regular shorts they’d been working in all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least the packing an emergency pair of Speedos is unlikely to tip the balance in favour of installing a roof box. And if it does, there is still the option of the unileg manhood pouch (illustrated above) for those brave enough to sport such a teeny monstrosity (love that oxymoron)!

I’ll be ok in my thong then!

I was grassed up by a teenage French boy a few years ago, I was ask to leave the pool and frog marched back to my pitch. The French are an odd species!

I was grassed up by a teenage French boy a few years ago, I was ask to leave the pool and frog marched back to my pitch. The French are an odd species!
Frog marched, in France?

All three campsites in south of France with pools insisted and policed Speedos. Good news is they are cheap in the local sports stores. So best get some in.

Who wants to go in a chlorine and pee filled pool with a load of screaming kids anyway? Leave that to the speedo boys and go to the bar in your board shorts.

I too carry French pool compliant swimming trunks to go with the plug adapters etc. Odd it may seem to us but at least we get in the water. Last time I went to a municipal pool in a small town in Italy there were hundreds of people there and not one of them got in the water. Just the brave Brit and the friend I went to stay with. I was so white skinned some of his friends nicknamed me “Mozzarella” for the week.

Can you smuggle budgies if we leave the EURO?