Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Shower

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, I managed to get round to fitting the rear shower in my cali a few months ago.
Its already proved useful, great for washing stuff outside and we had to resort to using it at a campsite with very poor shower facilities on our last trip.
I just plumbed in to the pipe that supplies the tap and wired the switch in parallel with the tap switch.
One good use for the rear pockets is to store the shower hose.
IMG_8365.JPG

IMG_8367.JPG

IMG_8366.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

Good work. Not a fan of the cold shower myself but looks good.

I have one of those connections already in the back of the van, but no shower hose and spray.
Did you buy as a kit or separate?

Funny though, last trip the weather was in the 30's and we did have running hot water in the van :D

I have one of those connections already in the back of the van, but no shower hose and spray.
Did you buy as a kit or separate?

Funny though, last trip the weather was in the 30's and we did have running hot water in the van :D
I bought the connection point and shower hose as two separate items.
I believe it’s the same hose as the newer calis. The club shop now stock the shower hoses.
Yea it worked perfect for us a few weeks ago, warm enough for a shower.

Actually you could get one of this black solar shower bags and use that to heat the water in the main tank.......or is that a bit contrived?

I did ponder running some black hose back and forth across the roof to heat water.

608D0C52-1F09-4D5B-BC82-C71B3AE5E47D.jpeg 2B7BC818-1895-4D56-AE10-D915CBC5CEC7.jpeg 204435A4-5106-47F8-8A78-992FD1A47B40.jpeg B14BD7CF-F09A-408E-9100-6F0B0E025BF4.jpeg 4D8FFAE1-A45F-45B2-AE81-EA1419BED14F.jpeg 804E6823-D19E-43BA-9C0A-297046360D4E.jpeg 049B1ED6-C978-4F4B-8FFA-37BC751FD4BB.jpeg 31BDE79B-764F-4BC6-885A-57813842F6BF.jpeg Cool shower P, I got one and it’s Fab although not as cool as yours.
Got this from Cali Shop fits easy. Fixed this the day before it got stolen, that hurt. Great when I got it back with shower attachment still curled up in sink

Actually you could get one of this black solar shower bags and use that to heat the water in the main tank.......or is that a bit contrived?

I did ponder running some black hose back and forth across the roof to heat water.
Yes it’s an idea alright, but I think that if the weather is warm enough to heat the water in a solar shower, the water in the onboard tank would be just warm enough to have an okay shower.
There are all sorts of things that could be done, 240v or 12v heating element in the water tank, this would make the water warm enough to have a shower, however, I’m not sure what is the max water temp the tank, pump and pipe work can handle without damage.
I’m okay with my set up, as it allows me to wash/rinse off stuff outside, such as shoes etc after a walk on the beach. It’s also is great for a quick face/ head wash in the morning to help wake up!!!

View attachment 36498 View attachment 36499 View attachment 36500 View attachment 36501 View attachment 36502 View attachment 36503 View attachment 36504 View attachment 36505 Cool shower P, I got one and it’s Fab although not as cool as yours.
Got this from Cali Shop fits easy. Fixed this the day before it got stolen, that hurt. Great when I got it back with shower attachment still curled up in sink
Cheers, I’m happy with it. I had one like yours but I found it a pain in the ass, too short, when using it outside difficult to turn on and off the tap.
Also the fact that the trigger could not be latched open, it often happen that the water flow was stopped with the pump running, which isn’t great for the pump.
It’s another item that will be for sale soon.

Yes I see what you mean P you can only use it if you simultaneously ie depress shower before turn tap on then turn tap off before you depress shower head. I think I’m the future I’d do what you have done P,

Yes I see what you mean P you can only use it if you simultaneously ie depress shower before turn tap on then turn tap off before you depress shower head. I think I’m the future I’d do what you have done P,
Yes it was a bit of hassle to use in fairness, it was also barely long enough to reach out the sliding door, it was a pity it didn’t have a longer hose. It think the idea came from the older style tap, which could be used outside through the window.
But after some consideration, I felt the rear shower was the best option.

Back