Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach flooring upgrade

Vincent the Cali

Vincent the Cali

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Time for an upgrade. The current floor shows up so many scuffs so easily and with my dog and two children I want something I can replace cheaply when it gets damaged. I did have carpet down but it attracts dirt and dog hair, and catches on the drawer trays under the bench seat when sliding back and forwards.

Out with the furniture
29D8359B-D83E-4808-803C-3FADA0E2178E.jpeg

before shot

29E24493-D9EE-4702-B962-2CCDD47AAD2A.jpeg

I removed the rails as well, some wiggling with a long flat head screw driver and they popped out.

A trip to B&Q for a 3x2m vinyl sheet with the padding, a few hours of trimming and swearing and it getting dark and done

D441B151-370C-472E-A39F-01B456FD3BC2.jpeg
Time to get the furniture back in and see if I remember how all these trim bits fit back in.

0984C2AA-1369-487C-BFB2-30E97DA8F937.jpeg
5AF826DF-0A37-4FC2-BB59-1CF251281BBF.jpeg
F58852EE-400A-4E20-ADC6-929205608319.jpeg
63D42E82-7674-475B-AD22-768DE044075B.jpeg
I think I’ll cut a bit for the step as well.

otherwise it’s much nicer to walk on and I’m happy.

Looks good!

Did you remove all of the at the back and the step trim in the doors to do this?

I only removed the rails to do this, the rest I trimmed close and tucked under to get it to fit.

Nice job.

the vinyl looks like it’s butted up to the front seat trims and cab carpet , not fixed down ?

the lateral strip between the cab carpet and factory floor (between both front seat belt lower mountings) is a T strip fitted in a u channel , it just pops out and will allow the flooring to be tucked under giving OEM Finish , use a trim tool to pry it at either side then simple slide a finger under it to remove it

IMG_0666.jpeg

That’s because the T Strip is missing from my van, so until I replace it the vinyl is butted up to the front seats as it’s neater than finishing short.
Once I have sourced a T strip I’ll trim the vinyl to fit to it. It’s been like this for quite some time now with no issues. One day I’ll get round to sorting it.

That’s because the T Strip is missing from my van, so until I replace it the vinyl is butted up to the front seats as it’s neater than finishing short.
Once I have sourced a T strip I’ll trim the vinyl to fit to it. It’s been like this for quite some time now with no issues. One day I’ll get round to sorting it.
Dealer part about £90 ! I’ve probably got the part number somewhere or you could try LLL parts website

I’m going to try and get the Cali bench seat out this weekend, from what I’ve seen around looks like it’s going to be a pain!!

I just cannot be dealing with that standard floor and how much dirt it holds any longer.

Nice, we just got two pieces of carpet hemmed (both down together = bench fully back, one on top of the other = bench folded out as bed). The carpets are easy to remove and shake off, and they stop most things dropping into the rail tracks.

Nice job with the Amtico. :thumb
Did you glue it directly to the existing under floor?

Thank you!

No, cut the original out, first picture is what was underneath.

Back