Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 DSG 204 - Top speed?

Vertically - about 53m/s or 122mph.....in free fall.
Horizontally - depends who's driving it!

Bluebell Bus has been up to around 80mph for the odd overtake but usually she ticks along at between 60 to 70mph. I suspect others are less pedestrian in their Calis.

I usually cruise around 80ish.
You can see from my pic, it was set at 83 on this outing.
I do believe these engines need a proper run. I usually target 80 and oddly never experienced dpf issues etc etc...

Ive seen 110mph on the clock of my 140SE which showed as 102mph on the satnav, that was easy on the flat & felt like a fair bit still to come given enough straight clear road. I reckon folding the mirrors in is worth a couple of MPH.
The old adage of anybody overtaking can take care of themselves applies??

I haven't been anywhere with more than a 130kph limit but find that I have to use cruise to stop it going faster.

Vertically - about 53m/s or 122mph.....in free fall.
Horizontally - depends who's driving it!

Bluebell Bus has been up to around 80mph for the odd overtake but usually she ticks along at between 60 to 70mph. I suspect others are less pedestrian in their Calis.
You need to take the trailer off Paul:)

Hi Folks,

Just wondering how fast can a Cali actually go?
(assuming it's empty, perfect conditions, autobahn etc...).

Cheers!
J.
Not a direct comparison but our kombi easily got to to 110mph (autobahn before anyone comments!) and that was loaded up. Still accelerating and then a side wind hit us. Backed off at that point. They are not really designed for that sort of driving!

Tried mine (2006 174 HP) in Germany and managed to get it to 181 km/h in GPS (quite heavy loaded with IKEA stuff like a bed, chairs, cupboards and personal stuff, while moving my son back from Prague to NL). And it was no problem at all.

Also tried to hit 60m/ph on a single track road in Scotland - which is allowed according to the signs. Never will do that again. :D

Last edited:
Back