Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean MPG

"Road Trip" is an excellent app that calculates your mpg or Km/l or l/100Km after you input your odometer reading and refuel volume. If you also input the price it will calculate pence per mile.
f2c1f02882090a43d5b8e07e2cef0572.jpg

By comparing this with the MFD you will soon learn that the MFD mpg figure is a complete fabrication of the truth.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Well Tom, as I reported I downloaded the app “Road Trip”. Early days yet but it seems the MFD is way out with reality! Watch this space ...

IMAG0262.jpeg While travelling through France this year, sticking to the speed limits, 90kph, and with the cruise control on, I was managing 64mpg on the mfd. in real life still managed above 52 mpg, I travelled 750 miles on a tank full, must be the French diesel.

204 DSG.
Can’t seem to better 30mpg.

Little disappointed, would expect that from a 4 motion.
My old T5.1 Beach was getting high 30s and the odd time 40mpg.

So with all the extra economy stuff the T6 is less economical...?
Plus the fuel tank is smaller on the T6. So only managing about 380 miles to a tank, where as the old one often hit 500 before needing a refill.

204 DSG.
Can’t seem to better 30mpg.

Little disappointed, would expect that from a 4 motion.
My old T5.1 Beach was getting high 30s and the odd time 40mpg.

So with all the extra economy stuff the T6 is less economical...?
Plus the fuel tank is smaller on the T6. So only managing about 380 miles to a tank, where as the old one often hit 500 before needing a refill.
That is disappointing. Our 204 DSG 2wd is doing noticeably better than our old 180 4m DSG. See below.

The latest entry (top) is all nadgery single track switchback roads in Scotland. The one before that was the trip up here.

F6C5C6E5-C8E4-4942-96C2-45FBE1808E7D.png

Looking at the graph below, and ignoring the latest nadgery roads one, the trend appears to show mpg improving as the engine beds in. Hopefully! :D

2AF3CD87-6A5F-4080-9F9A-428E29FE9F6B.jpeg

I know I don't drive fast or accelerate hard but I never seem to do under 40mpg, the only time I might go under that is when the dpf is regenerating. Most of the time I am averaging mid 40s and on a steady run with cruise on 50+, my 150 dsg seems to be very economical.

Colin.
Do you have the 70l fuel tank or 80l.
I do think it’s laughable that VW don’t fit the 80l as standard

My previous California was an Ocean 150 DSG with VB air suspension (don’t know if that would affect the fuel consumption).
It frequently achieved mpg in the high forties sometimes over fifty according to the MFD. When I posted that on this forum Amarillo suggested I download the app ‘Road Trip’ to find the correct figures. I did this and found the MFD to read over by around 3 mpg.
Unfortunately deleted the info for the previous one but have posted the results for the current one, it’s a 205 DSG 4motion. What a difference but at least the MFD seems fairly accurate. Early days yet and hoping with a few thousand on the clock it will improve.

By the way ‘EGGS’ is the heading on the readout as EGZ is the first part of the registration number. Something easy to remember. I put the registration number down wrongly on the temporary import document for Morocco. Ok on entry but a bit of a palaver to get out!

T6 18 Reg 150 TDI BMT Cali Ocean - 2500 miles from new. MFD MPG reading 39.4 over the 189 miles from Dover yesterday. Can I expect more when run in?

T6 18 Reg 150 TDI BMT Cali Ocean - 2500 miles from new. MFD MPG reading 39.4 over the 189 miles from Dover yesterday. Can I expect more when run in?
Mine did that for first year then dropped to 33-34mpg 204 though.

Never mind the mpg. What I like is my 3 tonne camper van is quicker off the lights than most cars on the road today. Top speed 123 mph. Boom. I'd like to see a motor home or caravan do that! Before you miserable old twats start that's only on The autobahn of course otherwise I would be speeding. I never speed just like you lot don't

Never mind the mpg. What I like is my 3 tonne camper van is quicker off the lights than most cars on the road today. Top speed 123 mph. Boom. I'd like to see a motor home or caravan do that! Before you miserable old twats start that's only on The autobahn of course otherwise I would be speeding. I never speed just like you lot don't
I've had my moments on the Autobahn.:mute

Your definition of speeding seems to be defined by the legal speed limit.

Guess you are not on 9 points then?

150 DSG, 45mpg at 70, nearly 50mpg at 60. personally I'm really pleased with the urban real world consumption, the coasting function massively helps if you use it well. Unless I'm camping, I don't carry much clobber and run the tyres slightly higher than recommended because I mainly do a motorway commute. I'm actually pleasantly surprised, although that's just off the computer which of course might be fibbing.

150 DSG, 45mpg at 70, nearly 50mpg at 60. personally I'm really pleased with the urban real world consumption, the coasting function massively helps if you use it well. Unless I'm camping, I don't carry much clobber and run the tyres slightly higher than recommended because I mainly do a motorway commute. I'm actually pleasantly surprised, although that's just off the computer which of course might be fibbing.
It is, and is that on Memory 1 or 2?

that's me doing a manual tally of a few trips using the "since started". how much does the trip computer normally fib by?

that's me doing a manual tally of a few trips using the "since started". how much does the trip computer normally fib by?
A lot.
Real world figures mid-thirties using fill-to-fill fuel and the odometer.
I use an app which does the maths.
Still acceptable for the size. Much better on steady runs.

A lot.
Real world figures mid-thirties using fill-to-fill fuel and the odometer.
I use an app which does the maths.
Still acceptable for the size. Much better on steady runs.
thanks for the tip, I'll do a proper comparison next tankful between the computer and real life.

Date of refuelBrim to brim MPGMFD MPGPercent difference
16 March35.8440.513.00%
5 April26.1129.412.60%
16 April33.2337.111.65%
16 May27.8731.814.10%
23 May29.2229.40.61%
25 May30.26(11 Km/L) 31.072.67%
1 June36.23(13.4 Km/L) 37.854.47%
12 June34.8036.85.75%

Date of refuelBrim to brim MPGMFD MPGPercent difference
16 March35.8440.513.00%
5 April26.1129.412.60%
16 April33.2337.111.65%
16 May27.8731.814.10%
23 May29.2229.40.61%
25 May30.26(11 Km/L) 31.072.67%
1 June36.23(13.4 Km/L) 37.854.47%
12 June34.8036.85.75%
Was that actually Brim to Brim or Fuel Cut Off to Fuel Cut Off as different pumps can vary in their Cut Off Pressure so the amount of fuel can vary. Using the same pump at the beginning and end of a journey can mitigate this variation.