Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Dealer has informed me my van will arrive with him on Thursday. We are going to finalize the paper work and view it (un PDI- ed) on Saturday, 16 weeks to the day of ordering but collect it later next week. I am still no closer to understanding the VW order lottery, again, I feel very lucky and hope this gives some hope for the recent orderers.

Not all doom and gloom. I ordered a new Cali on Friday 19th August and it was given a confirmed build date for week 40. I was told on Monday that it had been built and being transported to the German port of Emden for shipping. The dealer expects it to be with him in three or four weeks.

If that happens it will mean a total of about 12 weeks from order to collection.

Not all doom and gloom. I ordered a new Cali on Friday 19th August and it was given a confirmed build date for week 40. I was told on Monday that it had been built and being transported to the German port of Emden for shipping. The dealer expects it to be with him in three or four weeks.

If that happens it will mean a total of about 12 weeks from order to collection.
Hi @Pazoozalator ,
I also have a week 40 build. What have you ordered? I've got a Beach 150 DSG coming my way.

Hi All
Ordered Cali last Tuesday no build week given yet.
Was told first week in march.
No faith in dealership don't trust a word spoken.
I am quite shocked by Vw customer service.
And just one week into process!!!!

You're spending upwards of £50k with someone you don't trust? What is it that shocked you about VW customer service? First week in march build date, or delivery date?

Its an Ocean 150 manual in Acapulco Blue.
So it's 150 week maybe? That's the only thing in common.
Still don't get this VW order system!
You got electric door?
Twin sliding window?
Just wondering if ours share an option that meant it was the same build week.

You got electric door?
Twin sliding window?
Electric doors yes not sure of window 204 dsg7 led auto light pack they don't seem to give much info on what comes as standard.

You got electric door?
Twin sliding window?

Specification includes:- Ocean 150PS, parking sensors and camera, lights and vision pack, additional lighting, ACC, awning, composition media radio, 2 X USB, privacy glass.

No to the electric sliding door, sliding windows are standard on Ocean model I think.

It is just possible that there was a cancellation and my order was similar so just got moved into that available slot. Lucky me.

Specification includes:- Ocean 150PS, parking sensors and camera, lights and vision pack, additional lighting, ACC, awning, composition media radio, 2 X USB, privacy glass.

No to the electric sliding door, sliding windows are standard on Ocean model I think.

It is just possible that there was a cancellation and my order was similar so just got moved into that available slot. Lucky me.

Impressive by recent standards. I hope mine is that quick, but I suspect not. Ordered 24th August and not even got formal VW order number yet!

2 door options; electric sliding door with power closing and manual sliding doors with power closing.

The power closing refers to just the latch that closes the last final tightening.

Just spoke to dealership power latch he thinks comes as standard on ocean
Yes, power latching for sliding and rear door is std on Ocean.

Back