Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

My understanding from my dealer in UK is that the rigid key (which was an option with two Remote Keys), is no longer available as a combined option. Whether it is available separately I do not know. As for functionality, I assume it opens the doors and will start the car, but obviously has no remote functions.

A rigid key wont start the engine because of the lack of transponder or whatever its called in the handle of the key.
It will only open the doors but the alarm goes will go off if set.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Can anyone confirm that rigid key is not an option anymore? Because I can still find this option in english, german and slowenian configurator. And do you thing rigid key is an opportunity for thieves? I mean, can they brake in any easier if there is also mechanical lock. This key opens the door of the car, right? Does it also start the car? Thanks
The only key options on offer to us was either 2 or 4 folding keys.

The only key options on offer to us was either 2 or 4 folding keys.
Here you can see key options. This is from UK configurator. German and Slovenian has the same.

Screenshot 2016-10-25 12.01.48.png

A rigid key wont start the engine because of the lack of transponder or whatever its called in the handle of the key.
It will only open the doors but the alarm goes will go off if set.
I am not sure you are correct. I just unlocked a Scirocco with alarm set with a rigid key and no alarm went off but could start engine.

@JanezKot If you need to sure suggest contact with VW dealer.

So you have answered your own question...
Configurators sometimes can't be trusted. It was said before that rigid key is not an option any more in 2017. Just wanted to confirm this with you guys. So my question is still unanswered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have answered your own question...
Rigid Key not available with two Remote Keys. Configurators need to catch up.

Which is what I said in the first place... hey I have my 4 keys so "I'm alright jack" I'll not bother answering in future..
Sorry Loz. Didn't mean to tread on toes.

Sorry Loz. Didn't mean to tread on toes.

I don't think you were, looks like crossed-wires to me...

I ordered ours in August with the 2+1 option (as shown in JK's screenshot) but was also contacted by the dealer last week to say that this option has been removed and my order would be changed.

Given that this has happened to two of us on the forum I'm guessing that, in the UK at least, it is off the options list for now.

I don't think you were, looks like crossed-wires to me...

I ordered ours in August with the 2+1 option (as shown in JK's screenshot) but was also contacted by the dealer last week to say that this option has been removed and my order would be changed.

Given that this has happened to two of us on the forum I'm guessing that, in the UK at least, it is off the options list for now.

I ordered 2+1 in April, and have not been informed that this option is not available.

I ordered 2+1 in April, and have not been informed that this option is not available.
Hope I am wrong but I predict a message is on its way to you that the +1 option will not be available. If I look back your latest build date is week 4? That would be 2017 spec build then i.e. no +1 key.

Hope I am wrong but I predict a message is on its way to you that the +1 option will not be available. If I look back your latest build date is week 4? That would be 2017 spec build then i.e. no +1 key.
Or his build date will just keep slipping whilst they wait for a key that is no longer available :)

Or his build date will just keep slipping whilst they wait for a key that is no longer available :)
I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me for a couple of weeks or so......

No suggestion that the 17 weeks included a period as demonstrator, that is not what I am buying anyway. It did seem to be relevant that my Cali is the Ocean 204 DSG without 4 motion because I believe Sam was referring to a spreadsheet for delivery times. Very unimpressed with accuracy of information received so far from the dealer but do understand the difficulties of maintaining a producton schedule and to be honest I was initially quoted a delivery date of Mar/Apr.

Spoke to dealer at Vindis today. He assured me that desk jockeys at VW don't know what they are talking about and that delivery from confirmed build week is six weeks. Hope I didn't upset anyone unduly, I just don't know who to believe anymore.:headbang:headbang:headbang That sounds as if it could be a song title.

Hi Hantshog, placed my order on 24/8 and was placed with VW on same day. My order is at "Code 00" which is order accepted. The next news I hope to get is "Code 10", Provisional Build Date and the "Code 20", Confirmed Build Date. Good grief I am so glad they do not use colours! Can you imagine being at a stage "Code Red" :eek::eek: Very dramatic.
You will have guessed by now that I am following this whole process as part of the journey ending in the delivery of my Cali which will be the start of a whole new journey. I will continue to make it part of the experience.:cool:
Where do you get the detailed intel from? Dealer or Vw direct?

Where do you get the detailed intel from? Dealer or Vw direct?
Most of my intel comes from the dealer but I have heard, although not tried this, that if you call VWCS and select option 4 they can tell you more about the status of your vehicle. You will need your VW Order Number for this service. You can only get this number from your dealer.
Anyone know different?

Most of my intel comes from the dealer but I have heard, although not tried this, that if you call VWCS and select option 4 they can tell you more about the status of your vehicle. You will need your VW Order Number for this service. You can only get this number from your dealer.
Anyone know different?

It was a guy at VWCS who quoted me delivery time of 17 weeks from time of confirmed build and I gave him my order number. Lost all faith.

Anyone know different?
Thanks. Thought I was missing a trick and it was all online. I won't trouble my dealer as it's only a month in. I wonder if amending my order will add delay. Thinking about HD roll bar now.

Spoke to dealer at Vindis today. He assured me that desk jockeys at VW don't know what they are talking about and that delivery from confirmed build week is six weeks. Hope I didn't upset anyone unduly, I just don't know who to believe anymore.:headbang:headbang:headbang That sounds as if it could be a song title.

You can generally get accurate information on this group. Nonsense is usually contradicted.

Thanks. Thought I was missing a trick and it was all online. I won't trouble my dealer as it's only a month in. I wonder if amending my order will add delay. Thinking about HD roll bar now.
As you haven't got a date yet and not likely to for a little while yet I would add the HD roll bar. Your dealer should be able to that with no hassle from my experience. Trust me it's a relief when you no longer have the option to change anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As you haven't got a date yet and not likely to for a little while yet I would add the HD roll bar. Your dealer should be able to that with no hassle from my experience. Trust me it's a relief when you no longer have the option to change anything

Not sure what benefit the roll bar will give. I quite like the bouncyness of the van and I certainly wont be driving it like a sports car. I assume it improves the cornering. Is that what it does?

Not sure what benefit the roll bar will give. I quite like the bouncyness of the van and I certainly wont be driving it like a sports car. I assume it improves the cornering. Is that what it does?
Yes that's its purpose. Frankly I'm surprised it's not standard. Sorry no I'm not as they can make it an option and add a few more quid!
I think of it more as stability than reducing bounce.

Back