Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Oh there seems to be no logic to the ordering system I wonder if it is dealership allocation which dictates delivery. I ordered Ocean last week and I was quoted delivery before march. But as yet no official build date or order acceptance from VW.

We were originally looking at ordering new, until Guy from Preston told me a customer had changed their mind on their order (upgraded from 150 to 204) - so we took their order instead. Maybe it was somebody on here?!

It went into build this week, and was ordered a couple of months ago (no exact date given), so we're hoping to get it late Nov. So this one went through pretty quickly too!

Main specs are: DSG, LED headlights, ACC, electric door, light and vision, parking sensors and camera, discover nav, candy white.

Ordered today - Yay.
Was estimated a July delivery.

I ordered a 204 dsg 4 motion around 15 may. delivery was for januari 15. Today i had a phonecall from the dealer that de car is espected this week. Thats almost 10 weeks early! shows how acurate VW is in predicting delivery...

Well, fingers crossed.

I'd like to enjoy the summer in it.

I just don't know who to believe anymore.:headbang:headbang:headbang That sounds as if it could be a song title.
Can't manage a song but maybe this will do.

I just don't know who to believe anymore
This business has become such a chore
My California seems light years away
When really I just want it delivered today
I am looking forward to life on the open road
And having the time to be free from my abode
With my loveable dogs and beautiful wife
We’re desperate for the California life

We had build week 41. I expected a three week build so didn't call the dealer until this past Friday (end of Week 43) hoping he'd say build had finished and ready to send to port. Turns out it was already on ship between Germany and UK. Getter nearer.... :)

Hopefully good news for all of you with outstanding orders, the build time seems to be shortening. Ours is a 150 DSG. Ordered mid-February.

We had build week 41. I expected a three week build so didn't call the dealer until this past Friday (end of Week 43) hoping he'd say build had finished and ready to send to port. Turns out it was already on ship between Germany and UK. Getter nearer.... :)

Hopefully good news for all of you with outstanding orders, the build time seems to be shortening. Ours is a 150 DSG. Ordered mid-February.
I just can't understand how I ordered my 150 DSG in march and have been driving about in it since end of June and you ordered yours before me and it's not come yet? Did you order the platinum badge pack or something?

I just can't understand how I ordered my 150 DSG in march and have been driving about in it since end of June and you ordered yours before me and it's not come yet? Did you order the platinum badge pack or something?

Do you have swivel seats?

Crazy isn't it?! Got a few extras (inc. ACC) but nowhere near as many as lots of other users (no sat nav, audio upgrades, alcantra, etc). Weird luck of the draw situation. I was initially quoted June/July delivery and I was annoyed during the summer to miss the season but now sort of glad for the extra saving time for accessories.

Crazy isn't it?! Got a few extras (inc. ACC) but nowhere near as many as lots of other users (no sat nav, audio upgrades, alcantra, etc). Weird luck of the draw situation. I was initially quoted June/July delivery and I was annoyed during the summer to miss the season but now sort of glad for the extra saving time for accessories.
Did you order an unusual colour? Delivery of colours is dictated by the Transporter production line not the California.......Just a thought.

Did you order an unusual colour? Delivery of colours is dictated by the Transporter production line not the California.......Just a thought.
Mine is yellow and hasn't taken nearly as long as some of the poor people on here that have been waiting since March.

Onyx white
150 DSG
Parking sensors
5th seat
Navigation
Wifi etc
Safe

I had email from dealer yesterday to say I've got provisional build date of week 16 Monday 17th April. He also said if I want to add the chrome package I could but would put back the date to mid May.
I'm trying to get some answers on the chrome package but know one seems to no, I know it's got chrome lower grill, but does it come with black b pillars?

I had email from dealer yesterday to say I've got provisional build date of week 16 Monday 17th April. He also said if I want to add the chrome package I could but would put back the date to mid May.
I'm trying to get some answers on the chrome package but know one seems to no, I know it's got chrome lower grill, but does it come with black b pillars?
Mine did that's why I ordered it. Hopefully my replacement Cali will be the same.

Mike

Mine did that's why I ordered it. Hopefully my replacement Cali will be the same.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Did it come with the side trim in chrome aswell? And are there chrome surrounds around the fog lights?

Cheers Neil

Hi Mike,
Did it come with the side trim in chrome aswell? And are there chrome surrounds around the fog lights?

Cheers Neil
Yes to all and around the side indicators.

Mike

Do you have swivel seats?

Yes swivel seats - the whole lot.

Funny thing was when I ordered it in march I was told it would come end August so after a few weeks I found myself an ex-demo which was available on 23rd June as I wanted my van for the holidays. Then during early June my van was built and shipped and I was offered 23rd June pick up! So I reverted back to my original order.

You can fit the chrome pack after your Cali arrives. Either order from VW or buy the bits separately and fit them yourself. The b pillar wrap is about £25. The chrome front bumper pack is £85 the side repeaters are chrome as standard. You can buy the side chrome and Fitbit as it's just super strong double sided tape and the same applies to the tailgate chrome. Easy.

Back