Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Not sure what benefit the roll bar will give. I quite like the bouncyness of the van and I certainly wont be driving it like a sports car. I assume it improves the cornering. Is that what it does?

That's the idea, the roll bars are larger and so the roll should be less pronounced. I've gone for them but tested without and it wasn't too bad. I have an XC60 which is no sports car, 235 x 17 x 65 so larger sidewalls..

That's the idea, the roll bars are larger and so the roll should be less pronounced. I've gone for them but tested without and it wasn't too bad. I have an XC60 which is no sports car, 235 x 17 x 65 so larger sidewalls..
I must admit when we hired this summer we did get the feeling the van might roll when going around a corner. Obviously it wouldn't roll as not going fast but there was that feeling. If I can eliminate that feeling then it would be worth going for the HD roll bars.

It was a guy at VWCS who quoted me delivery time of 17 weeks from time of confirmed build and I gave him my order number. Lost all faith.
I can understand loss of faith but life goes on. I find it hard to believe the '17 weeks'. If it were me I would call again to check and if the same ask why when all about you quote experience of much less. Let us know how you get on.

Finally... I have a 'Code 20'

Sounds like something Buzz Lightyear might say...:D But in VW Cali speak it means a Confirmed Build Date. Hurrah.

CBD of week 46, 14th of Nov. By the time its built and shipped, most likely it won't actually be on my drive until January, but hey, a Code 20 is a good thing, isn't it ??

Deposit placed on May 18th, so about the same as most people I'd say.

The wait is almost over!!

I placed my deposit at the end of August and (apparently :) ) it is being built this week

I placed my deposit at the end of August and (apparently :) ) it is being built this week
Well done, ours was ordered in July and is due to be built around Christmas, we shall see if that dates holds

Pleased for you but how is that possible?
We placed our order in march and still no build date.:help

IMG_1281.PNG ] Hi can any one tell me on my order sheet what my 17 mean orderd in August

Hello dose that mean the dilivery date is 2017 thanks

Vw start building MY vehicles in Julyish the previous year.
Anything built after July 2016 is built to the 2017 specifications.
It will be delivered when it's built which can be in 2016.
Not sure about the July bit, someone will let us know exactly, but you get the idea.

No that means the vehicle spec they are building to is the 2017 model spec. or

The most important bit of data I saw on that form was Colour Blackberry :pinkbanana
Thanks blackberry is a nice colour

Pleased for you but how is that possible?
We placed our order in march and still no build date.:help

It may be pure fantasy but the dealer and VWCS confirmed it a couple of weeks ago .. I wanted to add ACC to the spec as I thought I'd have loads of time to change stuff, but when I tried the computer said no, as I had a confirmed build date.
I'll ring them on monday and see if it has been built!

My Ocean was ordered on 19/8/16 and was built week 40. It's now in transit to the dealer and should be ready to collect in a couple of weeks. Guess I must have been lucky.

That's just 9 weeks!!!!:shocked That's unheard of in recent times. The average across 10 recent Cali "Order to Build" dates is 27.8 weeks. Are you winding us, less fortunate folk, up!

Finally... I have a 'Code 20'

Sounds like something Buzz Lightyear might say...:D But in VW Cali speak it means a Confirmed Build Date. Hurrah.

CBD of week 46, 14th of Nov. By the time its built and shipped, most likely it won't actually be on my drive until January, but hey, a Code 20 is a good thing, isn't it ??

Deposit placed on May 18th, so about the same as most people I'd say.

The wait is almost over!!
Excellent News! Code 20 is good but the 25 weeks wait is not:(
Stil as you say the wait is over (nearly)!

My Ocean was ordered on 19/8/16 and was built week 40. It's now in transit to the dealer and should be ready to collect in a couple of weeks. Guess I must have been lucky.
6 weeks! I thought @johnv was lucky at 9 weeks. You must know someone on the inside in a position of extreme influence;)

Back