Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

I had email from dealer yesterday to say I've got provisional build date of week 16 Monday 17th April. He also said if I want to add the chrome package I could but would put back the date to mid May.
I'm trying to get some answers on the chrome package but know one seems to no, I know it's got chrome lower grill, but does it come with black b pillars?
When did you place your order? This is the first post that I have seen with someone with a build date in April.

I had email from dealer yesterday to say I've got provisional build date of week 16 Monday 17th April. He also said if I want to add the chrome package I could but would put back the date to mid May.
I'm trying to get some answers on the chrome package but know one seems to no, I know it's got chrome lower grill, but does it come with black b pillars?

I;ve not read the complete thread yet, but the answer is yes. You get the lower griill on chrome, side chrome stripes and one on the rear tail gate low down plus of course the black B pillar

Picked mime up today.
Attached: Image is taken from the configurator but this is a very accurate representation of what turned up for me

Outside-front.jpg.

Last edited:
No problem. I m a big fan of the black B Pillar.

Mike
Yes I do like them myself, but ill probably do after market as I don't want to put back the build date any longer

You can fit the chrome pack after your Cali arrives. Either order from VW or buy the bits separately and fit them yourself. The b pillar wrap is about £25. The chrome front bumper pack is £85 the side repeaters are chrome as standard. You can buy the side chrome and Fitbit as it's just super strong double sided tape and the same applies to the tailgate chrome. Easy.
I'm going to fit after market, as I don't want to put back the build date any longer. I sold my m3 1 month ago so I think I'm going to have to look for a run around until the Cali turns up. I've got the sportline work van but I don't want to drive it all the time.

When did you place your order? This is the first post that I have seen with someone with a build date in April.
Ordered was placed 22/09 so April build date was not what I wanted to hear. That means I won't get it until june time.

I;ve not read the complete thread yet, but the answer is yes. You get the lower griill on chrome, side chrome stripes and one on the rear tail gate low down plus of course the black B pillar

Picked mime up today.
Attached: Image is taken from the configurator but this is a very accurate representation of what turned up for me

View attachment 17394.
I'm going after market as I don't want to put the build date another month.
Did you go for oryx white?

With all the talk of an extra allocation for the UK market, has anyone been told that their build days has come forward, my build is scheduled for week 50 ( ordered end of July) now keeping every thing crossed for some good news from our dealer, when we get our monthly update next week.

With all the talk of an extra allocation for the UK market, has anyone been told that their build days has come forward, my build is scheduled for week 50 ( ordered end of July) now keeping every thing crossed for some good news from our dealer, when we get our monthly update next week.

Yes, but only bought forward by one week. Any extra allocation was not mentioned during the update, so no idea if it's impact ours.

We too check with the dealer each month, hoping our wk52 is either brought forward or pushed back a bit to be honest ... I've had those new cars built on a Friday or around holidays before, fraught with problems!

According to VW Customer Services, my van arrived at the dealer today - just a week after finishing build!!! I'll catch up with the dealer tomorrow but this is good news indeed :)
That's a quick turnaround I'm pleased for you.

According to VW Customer Services, my van arrived at the dealer today - just a week after finishing build!!! I'll catch up with the dealer tomorrow but this is good news indeed :)

Never mind 'Status 39 on ship' that's practically plane like speeds! I hope they got it right for you.

Wow! Did they fly it in by helicopter?

Excellent news :cheers
Each new delivery I hear about must mean one closer to mine ....:thumb:thumb

The dealer is equally surprised and said it doesn't happen often - it looks like it was loaded onto the boat as soon as it arrived at the port:

20th Oct - exit production line
25th Oct - arrive at port
25th Oct - loaded on boat
1st Nov - arrive at dealer

Edit - that's not a week after build but eight working days. I can definitely live with that ;)

The dealer is equally surprised and said it doesn't happen often - it looks like it was loaded onto the boat as soon as it arrived at the port:

20th Oct - exit production line
25th Oct - arrive at port
25th Oct - loaded on boat
1st Nov - arrive at dealer
Was it a week 40 build?

Dealer is SMG Tonbridge, though not sure about port. Hope yours are here soon too!

Dealer is SMG Tonbridge, though not sure about port.
I imagine we were on the same boat. It all depends where and then which transporter is allowed to leave first. When you able to pick it up then? So exciting.

I don't know yet. I'll chat with the dealer tomorrow and try to get over there early next week. I'm just pleased it's real and the long wait may finally be over ... I say maybe because I haven't seen or driven it yet!

Back